1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone knows about Java being built into the new Treo. Will KMAPS or Google maps work now without having to install the Java files like on the 650? (not that the google maps worked even if it was installed before)

Thanks,
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Java is not preinstalled.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Fortunately you won't use up a good protion of free space now if you install it. I've gone without java on my 650 because I just don't have the room for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Fortunately you won't use up a good protion of free space now if you install it. I've gone without java on my 650 because I just don't have the room for it.
    Either java, or the app I had that used java, made my 650 very unstable. I deleted them both.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the info! I've kept it on my 650, because I really like the speed of Opera (when it doesn't crash) and KMaps I've used a few times. But I ordered the telenav GPS last week, so i don't see a need for Java once I have my 700P and EVDO.

Thanks again!
    Christo

"it's not the quantity, but the quality"

There are NO Limits
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Yes I hope Java works on the 700p because I can't live without my Reqwireless Webviewer.
    I wish it were pre-installed. I think there's going to be more reasons to have Java in the future than just two applications.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Any 700pr's try any Java apps yet?