Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just have a few questions regarding Sprint TV and the actually internet usage on this treo. Just as a warning, this will be my first treo so please bare with me.

I live on the outskirts of NYC right now and im almost 100% sure i wont have ev-do? coverage at my house. My plan is to get this when I get to UPitt (Pittsburgh) and cancel it when i return home.

I am wondering if it is still possible to use the internet on the treo even if the power vision network(Sprint) doesnt extend into where you live. Im am pretty sure i will atleast have digital service where i live, although i am a verizon customer at the moment.

Also, does anyone know if Sprint TV is actually going to be worth the extra money. I know the V-cast(Verizon) is complete crap and i dont want to pay for short video clips that are barely, if ever, worth it. I know Sprint has streaming LIVE news stations but does anyone know if they plan on having any other REAL(non-news) stations available for live streaming.

And lastly, if anyone has tried Sprint TV on other phones, do you know if the clips of tv shows are possibly 20 minute clips or are they just 1-2 min previews. I am just thinking of the ipod video and how u can actually download shows. Do you know if Sprint has any plans for this in the future if they do not have it already.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    well i know sprint tv works with regular vision service, not as smoothly but it does work, And if your in an area without evdo the phone is backwards compatible and you will be able to get your regular vision service.
    I have used SprintTV on other phones. I would expect the Palm 700p experience to be equivalent.

Yes - they do have a mix of both live content and clips. Of all sorts. From live news to DVD previews and some decent radio "stations".

I also know that it works both in and out of EVDO coverage. Because I have done both! It seems like they can push out higher quality content when you're on EVDO.
    Wrong post -- mods: please move to 700P QA

Does the 700p send pics in the background (like the newer Sprint phones) or do you see a progress bar as the pic is being sent? Also, is there a way to see which pics have not been sent?

I ask because 0n my Samsung a920 (and the a900 I had for a while), I've had experiences where I sent several pics one after the other only to find out that they did not get sent and were still in the 'pending' folder. The problem with this is that Samsung's implementation of Picture Mail doesn't allow you to see which pics are actaully in the pending folder -- only a 'folder' icon is displayed in the pending folder -- not the pics. A stupid shortcoming IMO.
    On the video released on mobiletoday, or wherever the hell it was, when he was going through the channels on the phone, he came across [adult swim]. I'm excited about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    Wrong post -- mods: please move to 700P QA

Does the 700p send pics in the background (like the newer Sprint phones) or do you see a progress bar as the pic is being sent? Also, is there a way to see which pics have not been sent?

I ask because 0n my Samsung a920 (and the a900 I had for a while), I've had experiences where I sent several pics one after the other only to find out that they did not get sent and were still in the 'pending' folder. The problem with this is that Samsung's implementation of Picture Mail doesn't allow you to see which pics are actaully in the pending folder -- only a 'folder' icon is displayed in the pending folder -- not the pics. A stupid shortcoming IMO.
    Fyi, the available updates should fix the picturemail problems... and I don't know if it is different on the A920, but on my A900, I could see which pictures were still in the pending folder.

As far as the 700p, it doesn't matter if it sends it in the background or if you see a progress bar, that problem you were having was only with the Samsung phone. I'm pretty sure the 700p won't have problems as most people didn't have problems with the 650 and picturemail.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    On the video released on mobiletoday, or wherever the hell it was, when he was going through the channels on the phone, he came across [adult swim]. I'm excited about that.
    ATHF is probably one of the funniest shows i have seen in a long time. Im hoping its a whole episode and not cut up.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Are the Live Streaming TV offered on the Ultimate Power Vision or are those the channels that have to be purchased for $9.99 a month?
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    so could I watch a full episode of 24 or prisonbreak or is it. selected material that I can view
    In the UK its selected programs of a channel, i just prefer to record in on my computer stick it on my SD card in the morning and watch it with tcmp. That way it get to watch what i want from what ever channel i want, and its FREE.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Is Sprint TV simply rebranded MobiTV?
  12.    #12  
    Is there a specific place that you find TV shows(24..best show ever) for download, preferably for free? And how large is the file? I am most likely going to get the largest SD card i can get but am still confused if the treo 700p takes a 2gb or 4gb card.
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Is Sprint TV simply rebranded MobiTV?
    definitely not. Check this link for more info: http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...=multimedia192

It's like MobiTV. Two different apps that have similar functions.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    If you're only going to be in an 1xRTT area, do NOT get Sprint TV, unless you're doing it for sound only. The pixellation and artifacts are way too high. I really hope, and based on videos I've seen, Sprint TV on EVDO should be MUCH better.

Joe
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    If you're only going to be in an 1xRTT area, do NOT get Sprint TV, unless you're doing it for sound only.
    Joe
    Sound only meaning the music stations?

I was thinking i could just get the $15 plan while im up here in NY where i know there is no EV-DO but i want to use the internet and then upgrade to the $20-25/month when i get to Pittsburgh
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    I am wondering if it is still possible to use the internet on the treo even if the power vision network(Sprint) doesnt extend into where you live. Im am pretty sure i will atleast have digital service where i live, although i am a verizon customer at the moment.
    When out of 1xEvDo coverage the phone will automatically default back to 1xrtt afiak...

definitely not. Check this link for more info: http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/u...c=multimedia192
    They seem the same to me. Maybe more channels but it seems that perhaps Sprint is just rebranding MobiTV using its own brand and then upgrading the features and interface a bit?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    could be... I just know Sprint TV has been available on Sprint MM phones for the past year or 2 at least.
    how much is sprint tv?
    Check that link I posted above. It ranges from $15 to $25 with power vision.
    15 to 25 extra with your power vision?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast