Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I know Palm has done this in the past and will gladly upgrade a 600 to a 650 but has anyone heard of a 650 up to a 700p yet and if so, how much??
    Quote Originally Posted by chad783
    I know Palm has done this in the past and will gladly upgrade a 600 to a 650 but has anyone heard of a 650 up to a 700p yet and if so, how much??
    Still waiting to hear. Thought it would have been in the most Palm recent newsletter, but wasn't.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

There is a trade in program for purchases of a smartphone via the Palm Web site.

An excellent condition 650 will get you $170.

http://store.palm.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=1200022

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    There is a trade in program for purchases of a smartphone via the Palm Web site.

An excellent condition 650 will get you $170.

http://store.palm.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=1200022

Cheers, Perry.
    That's not an upgrade program, that's a rip-off. You can get more than that on eBay.

When we went from the 300-600, Ed Colligan gave us a new device for $400 and you got to keep your old phone.
    For the 650, Todd Bradley was calling the shots. Now Ed is back in charge. Hoping for $500 but more likely we'll see $600 with a free BT headset...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    i just printed out the FEDEX Airbil Palm sent me for the trade in program , $142 for a 650 in good condition this is with scratches on the casing and stuff like that nothing major, as soon as i pick up my 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    That's not an upgrade program, that's a rip-off. You can get more than that on eBay.

When we went from the 300-600, Ed Colligan gave us a new device for $400 and you got to keep your old phone.
    For the 650, Todd Bradley was calling the shots. Now Ed is back in charge. Hoping for $500 but more likely we'll see $600 with a free BT headset...
    ibet i can get a little more on ebay than the trade in price palm is giving me, but i dont want to go thru the hastle my 650 is in perfect condition but pretty scratched up from dropping in an with the release of the 700 your not gonna get much for a 650 cdma, maybe gsm youll get more, plus the fees of posting and yada yada , hastle i dont wanna deal with right now, i usually sell alot of stuff on ebay but this time im gonna take the easy way , sprint was giving me $75 trade in price. thats a rip off
    I just talked to a sales rep at Sprint:

he says $679.99 less $150 rebate. Making it a $529.99 net price. Seems much higher than whe nI went from the 300 to the 600.
    I'm surprised $170 for the Treo 650 from PalmOne is a rip-off. Why are people spending over $200 on a used Treo 650 on eBay when you can buy a brand new one for $100-$200 on TreoCentral?
    Quote Originally Posted by raul
    I'm surprised $170 for the Treo 650 from PalmOne is a rip-off. Why are people spending over $200 on a used Treo 650 on eBay when you can buy a brand new one for $100-$200 on TreoCentral?

on TC, you have to commit to contracts.

...on ebay you do not
    Just to clarify...if you already have a Sprint contract, you can swap in one of the ebay phones without extending your contract. I'm fairly certain that someone new to Sprint cannot open a new plan without committing to at least a one-year contract even if you've already got a phone (like you'd get from ebay). Seems pretty stupid, IMO, since the idea of the contracts is so they can make up for the discounts that they give you when you're buying a new phone from them.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I saw $399 somewhere. New line of course. I don't see why i can't get it with existing account.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    ibet i can get a little more on ebay than the trade in price palm is giving me, but i dont want to go thru the hastle my 650 is in perfect condition but pretty scratched up from dropping in an with the release of the 700 your not gonna get much for a 650 cdma, maybe gsm youll get more, plus the fees of posting and yada yada , hastle i dont wanna deal with right now, i usually sell alot of stuff on ebay but this time im gonna take the easy way , sprint was giving me $75 trade in price. thats a rip off
    It depends on what you consider a 'little more'.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I have a Treo 650 in excellent condition and would love to trade it in for a 700p if they give me a good deal.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Whan ya can buy a 650 on Amazon for $99 and stores selling upgrades for $125, I thot $170 was sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Whan ya can buy a 650 on Amazon for $99 and stores selling upgrades for $125, I thot $170 was sweet.
    Agreed.
    Has anyone used the Palm trade-in yet? It mentions to include the receipt- do they need the 650 receipt or the new 700p receipt?
    <br>