1.    #1  
    Hi, I just started using Missing Sync on my new Treo 650 last week. It was working fine and I have the software installed at the office and at home, both macs. Now certain conduits won't sync.
    Here's my log....

Sync starting at 5/17/06 11:23 AM (11:23:37) on USB (5.1.0)
    OK Install
    Please upgrade your AvantGo software by visiting http://avantgo.com
    OK Mark/Space Conduit for AvantGo with 1 message(s)
    Unable to install file "06 First Day Of My Life.m4a" (err=0x2A08). The handheld may not be able to play that format.
    OK Mark/Space Conduit for iTunes with 1 message(s)
    Address Book conduit was unable to open the Address Book database on the handheld.
    Failed Mark/Space Contacts (0x4004)
    Event conduit was unable to open the Event database on the handheld.
    Failed Mark/Space Events (0x4004)
    Created "Treo Sync Folder" on UNKNOWN
    OK Mark/Space Folder Sync
    OK Mark/Space MemoPad
    OK Mark/Space Photos
    Task conduit was unable to open the Task database on the handheld.
    Failed Mark/Space Tasks (0x4004)
    OK Note Pad
    OK Photos
    OK Install
    How do i fix it?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Before starting make sure that you backup ALL of your databases on your Mac.

Set the conduit settings to Macintosh overwrites handheld. Sync.

If that doesn't work then hard reset the Treo & restore all your databases. It will take a while but most likely not as much time as it will take you to correct the problem by finding the root of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mini
    How do i fix it?
    I had issues with missing sync not syncing, and i deleted myhandheld device and added it to Missing Sync. It helped the problem.
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS
    Marlton, NJ
  4.    #4  
    Ok, I tried the hard reset at home last night, synced like you said and it worked fine. Yay!

This morning I got to work where some of my info is slightly more updated than what I had at home. I tried to sync and got the same errors! It has problems opening the handheld database files. Seems like there is some issue with syncing to two desktop computers???
    Any problem with Missing Sync, don't hesitate and use the support.
    I had a very good experience.
    Alvaro
    Quote Originally Posted by d2mini
    Ok, I tried the hard reset at home last night, synced like you said and it worked fine. Yay!

This morning I got to work where some of my info is slightly more updated than what I had at home. I tried to sync and got the same errors! It has problems opening the handheld database files. Seems like there is some issue with syncing to two desktop computers???
    If you're using a PC at work, set it to "handheld overwrites desktop" for the first sync. That worked for me.
    VisorDeluxe -> VisorPhone -> Treo180g -> Treo270 -> Treo600 -> Treo650 [GSM T-Mo]
  7.    #7  
    Ok, I figure out the problem. Seems it's an issue specifically with the 650 from Verizon.
    http://www.markspace.com/support/ind...oot=89&id=2430

But now I have another problem. Even though my conduits in Missing Sync are set to "Synchronize", it will only update my calendar, contacts, etc if I make the changes on my mac. If I make any changes on the Treo, my apps on my mac won't change. For instance if I input a new contact on my Treo, when I sync the Address Book app on my mac won't show the new entry even though the Missing Sync log says everything synced fine. But if I make the change in my Address Book app on my mac and then sync, the Treo gets updated just fine. Any ideas?
    have you matched up the individual categories in the missing sync program between the treo and mac in the address, events and tasks conduits? Is each category checked the way you want; is the spelling of the category the same for mac and treo?
    I have a Cingular 650 and the issue with the tasks not syncing and giving an error "Failed Mark/Space Tasks (0x4004)" just happened. I backed everything up and did a warm reset to fix. FYI