Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Mr. Blazer, you keep using that word "Cache". I do not think it means what you think it means.

So, what, exactly does Blazer Cache? On my treo 650, it seems that nearly every single time I hit the "back" button on Blazer, it reloads the entire page from the network again. Perhaps it's caching some of the images? But it certainly isn't caching the HTML.

I've tried resetting the cache, increasing it's size etc. No dice.

Has anyone come up with a hack to help Blazer actutally cache a page?

For example, when browsing the mobile forums on this website (treo.treocentral.com) it would be really nice if you could hit the back button and not reload the frigging page.

"But wait!" you say, since it's a web forum, "what if someone posted a new message in the 5 seconds that you read the previous message. You might miss some info!".

To which I answer, "Well, in the 35 seconds it takes to reload the damn page that should have been cached, I'm surely missing out on something. If I really want to make 100% sure my data is up-to-the-very-second, I can use the 'reload' command."

Blazer cache algorithm sucks. Any way to fix it?
    Yeah. Switch to Xiino or Opera Mini or get a 700p (maybe)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Yeah. Switch to Xiino or Opera Mini or get a 700p (maybe)

I tried both Xino and Opera Mini and found that both - basically - suck. I long for the days when [strike]Handspring[/strike] Palm actually released periodic FREE upgrades to their software offerings...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefer Lucas
    I tried both Xino and Opera Mini and found that both - basically - suck. I long for the days when [strike]Handspring[/strike] Palm actually released periodic FREE upgrades to their software offerings...
    "I tried both Xino and Opera Mini and found that both - basically - suck."

Xoche, you keep using the word "sucks." I do not think it means what you think it means.

The "small" version of Opera Mini works amazingly well. Xiino is also fantastic, especially if you use a font program to make the font smaller.

What don't you like about these browsers?

-Warr
    Progress? Well, at least I can get color traffic maps now...
    Psion 3a -> Psion 3c -> Palm IIIXE -> Palm VIIx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Centro