Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This, according to a Palm rep I met at a conference half an hour ago. There's no specific date yet.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Oh come on. You can't just drop that and run away. Did he say '700p' or 'next GSM Treo'? Which conference?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    2nd half of 2006 ?

In other words between July 1st and December 31st ... well did you go and say "Well Duh ?". With two new Treos guaranteed by Mr. Colligan before year's end, this dude certainly wasn't ...er...forthcoming !
    And if it only is GPRS, does that mean the only tangible benefit would be more memory?!?

Lets hope that when there finally is a GSM version it's tri-band UMTS (850/1900/2100) and quad-band EDGE (850/900/1800/1900).
    Let's hope it's GPRS for those GSM systems that use that, and UMTS capable for those GSM systems that have/plan to upgrade to 3G. That would be the best of all possible worlds. Bring it on!!!!

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    This, according to a Palm rep I met at a conference half an hour ago. There's no specific date yet.
    U..... what!!!!!!!!! ???????Details Details... What conference??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    well acc to someone from palm, in the nearby future, somewhere along the way, 3g, wifi, umts, will probably, maybe, most likely, very possible, a new treo, higher than 700, a better os, faster browser ............................
    Quote Originally Posted by Japorms
    well acc to someone from palm, in the nearby future, somewhere along the way, 3g, wifi, umts, will probably, maybe, most likely, very possible, a new treo, higher than 700, a better os, faster browser ............................
    All of the above is old. Fact is Shneor is here for a while and posted for a while. If he put his reputation on the line for this, I say it might be something . Cause I know so many people got in trouble for speculations here on this forums .
    Personally i think he is on the road so he should reply back soon. And then there is that Palm rep who might be falttering people with wrong info. Who knows.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    I would have thought a Cingular model would follow CDMA by about 6 months without talking to anyone. . .

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  10.    #10  
    OK, it's Government Technology Conference in Sacramento. Yes, it wiil have EDGE. She did say UMTS was coming, but I did not ask if it would be in the 700p GSM phone. If I get a chance at lunchtime, I'll try to ask her, if she' still there.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    See I told you about it . He is not dare to make this thing up. Shneor, go get her man. If UMTS (which it must have) I am holding my money for it.

so, bottom line is that it will be a Treo 700 for Cingular, but it will be only EDGE and no 3G. Is this correct? Did I understand right?
    what is UMTS? and sorry what is 3G?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Google is your friend,

Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) is one of the third-generation (3G) mobile phone technologies. It uses W-CDMA as the underlying standard, is standardized by the 3GPP, and represents the European/Japanese answer to the ITU IMT-2000 requirements for 3G Cellular radio systems.

To differentiate UMTS from competing network technologies, UMTS is sometimes marketed as 3GSM, emphasizing the combination of the 3G nature of the technology and the GSM standard which it was designed to succeed.

And 3G

Third Generation–the next generation of wireless technology beyond personal communications services. The World Administrative Radio Conference assigned 230 megahertz of spectrum at 2 GHz for multimedia 3G networks. These networks must be able to transmit wireless data at 144 kilobits per second at mobile user speeds, 384 KBPS at pedestrian user speeds and 2 megabits per second in fixed locations
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Small world - I spoke to the same rep at the same show - I am in a booth diagonally opposite her.. She said that Cingular will have a GSM version but that it will have a different (unspecified) name - NOT the 700p. It will, however, have the same features (with the obvious radio differences).

- Joe
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    Small world - I spoke to the same rep at the same show - I am in a booth diagonally opposite her.. She said that Cingular will have a GSM version but that it will have a different (unspecified) name - NOT the 700p. It will, however, have the same features (with the obvious radio differences).

- Joe

Joe

any idea on dates of availablity?
    Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    "Later in the year".
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Regardless of other improvements, a 700p without UMTS is a step backwards in my book.
    May be a stupid question, but she didn't happen to sayanything about T-Mobile and Palm being friends again did she?
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    OK, it's Government Technology Conference in Sacramento. Yes, it wiil have EDGE. She did say UMTS was coming, but I did not ask if it would be in the 700p GSM phone. If I get a chance at lunchtime, I'll try to ask her, if she' still there.
    Two CNG major account reps have told me that CNG is not doing the 700 in any way shape or form....moving straight to 800 or whatever ....others on forum have been told same thing .... now we have one saying tehre will be one ...maybe Rove is working for them as consultants and designe dtheir misinformation campaign
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast