Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If you signed up for Palm's PluggedIn developer's community, you probably just got an email like I did with news that the 700p developer tools are now available for download. Among the tools is a simulator that allows you to try out the 700p and it's built in applications. This would be a handy tool that could help answer some of our burning questions, like "will the 700p work with Orb?" and "is there a calculator program on it?" (sorry, blatent dig on the excellent mobilitytoday video review).
    If I weren't at work, I'd download the sucker right now and take it for a spin. Even if you're not a member, you can sign up right now and get the needed tools.
    http://pluggedin.palm.com/regac/pluggedin/index.jsp
    Last edited by grim02; 05/17/2006 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by grim02
    If you signed up for Palm's PluggedIn developer's community, you probably just got an email like I did with news that the 700p developer tools are now available for download. Among the tools is a simulator that allows you to try out the 700p and it's built in applications. This would be a handy tool that could help answer some of our burning questions, like "will the 700p work with Orb?" and "is there a calculator program on it?" (sorry, blatent dig on the excellent mobilitytoday video review).
    If I weren't at work, I'd download the sucker right now and take it for a spin. Even if you're not a member, you can sign up right now and get the needed tools.
    http://pluggedin.palm.com/regac/pluggedin/index.jsp

Sweet thank you! You rock!
    Last edited by Headake; 05/17/2006 at 03:31 PM. Reason: That wasnt enuf
    <s></s>
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Playing with it as I type this ... thru the simulator!
    I dont know f this determines all the software I had on my 650 will work on a actual 700p.
    All worked on Simulator except PdaNet and Meetingpoint says ARM cpu not found
    <s></s>
    wow i totally read that as "stimulator"
    Strange
    Tried to launch the pTunes
    http://truwarez.com/untitled.jpg

Where did PalmOS 6 come from
    <s></s>
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    ...Where did PalmOS 6 come from
    Perhaps, it's an indication that they are moving to version 6 soon?
    Will the simulator work on a mac?
    Don't know for sure about Palm OS 6 (prolly the 900p ) ..right now I am away from my desktop. So if someone else playing with the simulator please post your findings.
    <s></s>
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkimcpa
    wow i totally read that as "stimulator"
    Palm Stimulator.
    I plan on trying it out later this evening at home (the simulator, not the stimulator). Let me know if anyone has a request to try something out.
    I was trying to transfer my contacts for some reason Resco Backup won't do it. So try that.
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by sir42
    Will the simulator work on a mac?
    I dont think so, but give it a shot.
    <s></s>
    Holy Moly:

http://tinyurl.com/n4b6q

While trying to load www.news.com...guess we're not done seeing that error.

Edit: I also see the pocket tunes error.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    I know this is a stupid question, but how do you turn on the phone in the simulator? I've got it installed but can't get online.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I also see the pocket tunes error, just wish I could get online
    Jimmie Geddes
    I turned on the phone, but it just says network search. How did you guys get online?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Internet:

Right Click-Settings-Communication-Redirect Netlib
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    thank you so much It worked.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I just tried to go to my website and also got "this page is too large to be displayed"
    Jimmie Geddes
    If I set it to fast mode in blazer preferences it, and disable images it downloads fine. I hope this isn't the case on the real Treo 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast