Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    are you behind a firewall that does not allow pop or imap access perhaps?
    I had problems with Chatter as well on the SIM. It detects that wireless mode isn't on even though Blazer and Versamail both work. I was hoping to try out the OWA plugin. I was able to send an email via SMTP in Versamail and it was received with no problem.

I'm using the latest download of ChatterEmail+ v2.0.1rc1. When sending a message, I get the following alert:

"You are not connected to the data network. Your message will be sent the next time Chatter connects."

What version of Chatter are you guys testing on the simulator?
    Last edited by jeeter; 05/18/2006 at 10:44 AM.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    I got it to work, it was my firewall at work.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Notepad works. Radio Control didn't crash when I launch it, but I didn't see the RADIO-ON logo when I perform a soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeeter
    I had problems with Chatter as well on the SIM. It detects that wireless mode isn't on even though Blazer and Versamail both work. I was hoping to try out the OWA plugin. I was able to send an email via SMTP in Versamail and it was received with no problem.
    Make sure you go to preferences, connections, uncheck No Data Connection if Poor Signal and check Ignore Radio State. I think Ignore Radio State is the more important one.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    I got it to work, it was my firewall at work.
    What version of Chatter are you using on the Sim?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Make sure you go to preferences, connections, uncheck No Data Connection if Poor Signal and check Ignore Radio State. I think Ignore Radio State is the more important one.
    Impressive!! Thanks for the tip. Works like a charm!
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    The following works:

Tealmaster
    FileProg
    UniCmd
    AlwaysOn

The following didn't crash, but connection is needed:

AIM
    flt_status
    PalmVNC
    Xiino
    WorldMate
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I got this error when I try to launch PalmPDF.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm curious...

Do you guys realise that these tests have no bearing on whether these apps will run on the actual device?
    I guess the simulator can't guarantee that the apps will/won't run on the actual Treo 700p, but isn't this the purpose of the simulator? So developers can test out their apps to see if they work with the 700p?
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/18/2006 at 11:56 AM.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by naivete
    The following works:

Tealmaster
    FileProg
    UniCmd
    AlwaysOn

The following didn't crash, but connection is needed:

AIM
    flt_status
    PalmVNC
    Xiino
    WorldMate
    PalmVNC works on the simulator
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    PalmVNC works on the simulator
    I thought the connection only works for Blazer. That's great!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Just in case: Java Works. my proggies seem to work fine and so also does Opera Mini, though blazer might be good enough, we'll see.
    How did you install Java? I tired installing it but realize I may need a different version since it is the simulator.
    In the java zip file, install all the appropriate prc files under JVM\Simulator. Also there is a dll that you need to put in the same directory as the Simulator's executable.

That's all i did!
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    In the java zip file, install all the appropriate prc files under JVM\Simulator. Also there is a dll that you need to put in the same directory as the Simulator's executable.

That's all i did!
    My JVM\Simulator folder is empty.
    I am downloading the zip from http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/
    Is there a different download? I knwo I've downloaded two different versions in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I guess the simulator can't guarantee that the apps will/won't run on the actual Treo 700p, but isn't this the purpose of the simulator? So developers can test out their apps to see if they work with the 700p?
    yes, that is the point. Dutch is just being a trumpet.
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    Please let 'Directory Assistant' work!!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    sorry...there were inconsistencies with the 650 sim vs 650 and I expect the same is true now.

I am probably wrong.
    My JVM\Simulator folder is empty.
    I am downloading the zip from http://www.palm.com/us/support/jvm/
    Is there a different download? I knwo I've downloaded two different versions in the past.
    You're right, there is a different download at palmsource with tools for development. You'll have to register.

https://www.developerpavilion.com/pa...65&tool_id=104

But, Try installing java as you normally would on the treo with the package you got. Put the attached dll in the same folder where the simulator's executable is at. See if that works
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks, it worked!

Here are a few programs I loaded and the results:

Kmaps - I just tried Kmaps and it shuts down the simulator right after I put in my email address and password on the first screen.

DA Directory Assistant - Works well to look up numbers but map doesn't work, when it tries to access the browser I get a "Selected Browser Not Found" error. I'm sure it will just require a small update from the developer to specify the new browser.

SplashMoney - Works like a charm, I just loaded my old Splashmoney and SPMN-xxx files and all my information was there.

I also copied over my PhoneFavorites (favorites at the bottom in the phone menu) and PhoneCallDB and they coth work immediately.
    Last edited by albertb; 05/18/2006 at 02:05 PM.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast