Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I'm currently with verizon, but am considering changing over to Sprint prior to purchasing the 700P. I've been getting very mixed reviews regarding Sprint vs Verizon, even for my area (Cleveland, OH), so I guess I'll need to check it out myself.

If I do the 2 week trial with Sprint to check out coverage, and decide to stick with Sprint, can I easily then port over my current verizon phone number to the 700P? Any problems/ hassles/ costs with doing this?

Thanks-
    Good Question.

I would go into a Sprint Store and talk with the MANAGER and lay it out -- and see if he/she can make it happen.

Only one problem -- you are on a 14 day trial for the phone only -- not the contract you set up. I was in this situation when I got the 650. The Sprint store manager gave me a house phone/loaner for a day -- so i could see if Sprint service was as good or better in the areas I went -- before making such a large purchase and contract commitment. (I had been on Cingular.)

Cheers, Perry.

I have found my Sprint reception and pricing to be excellent in Grand Rapids, MI. I think Verizon wins on telephone customer service -- but I just deal with store personnel or talk keep asking for the next level up until I get someone I feel/trust is knowledgable.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/17/2006 at 12:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks Perry, but I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression that one has 14 days to cancel, period. You're saying that I can only cancel the *phone*, but would be obligated to maintain the 2 year contract (and I assume buy some other phone)?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    Thanks Perry, but I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression that one has 14 days to cancel, period. You're saying that I can only cancel the *phone*, but would be obligated to maintain the 2 year contract (and I assume buy some other phone)?
    14 days to Cancel SERVICE, not the phone:

http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popu...Guarantee.html
    14-Day Risk-Free Guarantee

Try Sprint risk free for 14 days. If you're not completely satisfied with the Nationwide Sprint PCS Network, your service or phone, simply return your phone and deactivate service within 14 days. We'll refund your activation fee and waive your early termination fee, and you will only be responsible for charges based on your actual usage.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I believe that is the way it is, but I could be wrong -- I would make sure you were very clear on that with the store manager before doing a '14 day trial.' I was asking the very same questions 16 months ago when I bought my 650.

Cheers, Perry.

WELL, what teh Munk posted above looks pretty clear. . . . .

Go for it!
    I'm currently with verizon, but am considering changing over to Sprint prior to purchasing the 700P. I've been getting very mixed reviews regarding Sprint vs Verizon, even for my area (Cleveland, OH), so I guess I'll need to check it out myself.

If I do the 2 week trial with Sprint to check out coverage, and decide to stick with Sprint, can I easily then port over my current verizon phone number to the 700P? Any problems/ hassles/ costs with doing this?
    I am gonna argue with Perry on this one

I suggest that you go into a "all carriers brick and mortar store"....In my experience:

1. you get better prices than on line or branded stores.
    2. you get shorter contracts
    3. you get more goodies (gifts)
    4. they know how to better "work the system"
    5. but most important they will definitely be more honest with you as to coverage.
    6. If ya don't belive the dude you can hold two models in your hand, stand outside the store and compare them.
    Tough call . . . . . . . . . .

Do you still have the 14 day trial option at the all carrier shop?

If so . . . . . . . . WHAT JACK SAID!!
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Perry, are you gonna pay full price for a 700p and stick with sprint? I just got 2 650's for free with a 2y contract so I could go either way, wondering what others are gonna do. It has been over 2 weeks but not yet a month since I got my 650 do I have any options?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    I qualify for $150 on my existing line. I am planning on a major offensive on the SERO line to get the $399 2yr pricing I was expecting -- If the last 8 months have proven anything to the forum -- I can be politely stubborn. I can also throw a good hissy fit. (Trained by the best -- my avatar.) I will try one method and then the latter. . . . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    If you buy the new 700p from the Palm web site -- brand new 650s would be worth $170 on their trade in Program . . . . . . . . . . or you could try to sell them for more.

Cheers, Perry
    That's $170 each.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Do you still have the 14 day trial option at the all carrier shop?
    IIRC, mine was 30 days on CNG but I think that's been sunsetted. Unfortunately my local store is dropping Sprint at end of month.....but they opened a new branch which is actually closer to me that wills till carry Sprint. Interestingly enough the store that is dropping Sprint is in an EVDO area ... well per the coverage map...no EVDO signal at the store tho.
    Perry,

I just started the Sero plan on May 15th. I qualify for the 150.00 phone upgrade. Do you think I will be able to get the 399.00 program also even though I just signed up for a 2 year on May 15th? I did it through customer service so kept my same phone number.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad am i
    Perry,

I just started the Sero plan on May 15th. I qualify for the 150.00 phone upgrade. Do you think I will be able to get the 399.00 program also even though I just signed up for a 2 year on May 15th? I did it through customer service so kept my same phone number.
    I have outlined my plan of action in this regard in post #9.

Politely work my way up the chain of command until they give in. . .

Then a hissy fit. . . . . . .

We will see.

Cheers, Perry.
    I will try that also. Thanks
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts

Thanks-
    Sure, you can port your Verizon number over once you're satisfied Sprint coverage is good where you need it. Just call up customer service and tell them what you want to do. It might be a good idea to check if its transferrable up front though. When I tried to port a number from T-Mobile to Sprint, they wouldn't allow it. It had something to do with the 267 area code at T-Mobile and that Sprint only handled 215 numbers. I guess they couldn't handle the 267 numbers in their system or something. Most of the carriers sites have a little tool to check whether you can port your number or not. Good luck!

Joe
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Thanks everyone, but how about the initial question I asked re porting over my current verizon number to the Sprint phone after using it for a couple weeks with the new number given by Sprint when initially buying the phone. Any issue there, or they can simply "replace" the number with my current verizon number?
    You can Port in later even if you initially had a # assigned by the system. You could also port in your Verizon # at the outset and if you cancelled within the 14 day port back to Verizon I'm sure Verizon would gladly take you back.

The 14 day risk free is for the phone AND the service. If you cancel within the 14 days you would even be credited for any activation fees if any were charged.

You would receive one final bill from Sprint that would be a prorated invoice for the days you actually had the phone active... I.E. you have a $30/month plan with 300 AT minutes ( no there is no plan like this but it's easier to do the math this way) and you had the phone active for 10 days and used 75 ATminutes (they average out the daily minutes allowed) which comes to roughly 10 min/ day since weekends don't count. Your bill would be roughly $10 plus taxes...I know this is a bit confusing but basically figure out the minutes allowed and the charge per day and multipy by the # of days active.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
    Dragonman
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Ok... thanks for the info. Sounds like it is probably worth giving Sprint a try...