Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    ETF on Sprint is now $200.00.
    Is that for new contracts? Or is it retro for everyone?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

I got a response from Sprint. They really didn't answer my question, but thought I'd post their response.

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel. I will be happy
    to assist you regarding the SERO plan.

We have launched the Sprint Employee Referral Offer, also known as SERO.
    Encourage your friends to switch to Sprint and give them a discount with
    your employee benefit.

SERO plan is limited to:

- Sprint Employees (including Legacy Sprint and Legacy Nextel employees)

- Friends and Family of Sprint Employees (limited to a total of FIVE
    referral activations)

Eligibility Requirements of SERO plan:

- Affiliates are not participating in this offer. You must be in a
    Sprint Market to get the plan.
    - Add-a-Phone is not eligible (cannot be shared with other
    subscriptions).
    - Must sign up for or renew a Two-year Subscriber Agreement.

Activation Details:

Friends and Family Referral Activations (new activations only)

- Employees can have up to five activation referrals in total across
    both the CDMA and iDEN networks. The email address of the Sprint
    employee who is referring the customer is required for employee
    verification.

- All orders must be activated through the InPhonic web site which is
    located at the following URL:

<http://www.sprint.com/SERO>

Select handsets will be offered through the web site.

- Inphonic will validate if the order meets the program requirements and
    credit guidelines.

- Existing customers that want to switch to this plan are required to
    receive a new phone number. Early Termination Fees apply if they are
    within the contract period.

- The Activation Fee will be automatically applied by back-end systems
    and will appear directly under the activation fee on the bill.

Thank you for contacting us. Have a great day.

Neo S
    E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"
    Jimmie Geddes
    Like many folks who have Sprint accounts now, I switched over to SERO first, instead of waiting for the 700p release, since it seems that the window to convert your plan is starting to close (given they're clamping down on the requirement of new accounts only).

It'll be very interesting to see how many of you who are taking the gamble and holding out to purchase the 700p at a discount via a traditional plan, then attempting to convert their line(s) to SERO, will be successful.

I suspect the best odds are for those who:
    - are near end-of-contract or out-of-contract
    - are still within the 14-day return window after purchasing their 700p
    - end up talking with retentions after bumping up against a wall with C.S. reps, and threatening to leave (since LOST business is just as costly as gaining NEW business).

For the rest of the folks trying to convert their accounts to SERO, may the force be with you, and see you in Vegas. ;-)

I'll pay full price for the 700p (if need be), and try to save it on the back end.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Is that for new contracts? Or is it retro for everyone?
    It's for everyone now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I got a response from Sprint.

subscriptions).

- Existing customers that want to switch to this plan are required to
    receive a new phone number.
    Based on these 2 factors, especially the second, I'm out. I've had my phone number way too long to switch it now.
    once up and running with both phones can't you swap the 2 numbers esn swap so you have the old number on the new phone...
    There's always next year!
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt
    once up and running with both phones can't you swap the 2 numbers esn swap so you have the old number on the new phone...
    Don't know, can I?
    not sure, but that's what I hope to do. I have had my number for 8 years... Anyone??? Perry??
    There's always next year!

subscriptions).
    It'll be very interesting to see how many of you who are taking the gamble and holding out to purchase the 700p at a discount via a traditional plan, then attempting to convert their line(s) to SERO, will be successful.
    So you can't switch to another phone? But what if you "lose" your freebie phone. Why couldn't you go and buy a treo to replace it and still be on the Sero plan?
    You can have a 700P on a SERO line -- it is just not one of the phones being offered at a discount with the line.

I was planning on getting a 700P at a discount w/ my SERO plan and then swapping phones w/ my daughter to have the 700P on my current number. Now I will have to see what my discount options will be. . . . . .
    Perry, when you signed up for SERO 2 months ago, did they give you a new number or did you keep your old one? COULD you have kept your old one?
    My daughter was end of contract on Cingular, so I was opening a new line of service and didn't need to ask about keeping my current number. . . . .
    finally after calling about 7 times i got my zero plan today!! dont get discouraged just keep trying until you get a nice rep and then stroke their ego a l'il and you'll get it. the irony about this is all the reps that sounded nice either knew nothing of what i was talking about or where not willing to do anything for me, the one that i thought sounded "mean" was the one who was very knowledgable of sero and gave it to me with no hassle,just keep trying..............you'll get it!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    My daughter was end of contract on Cingular, so I was opening a new line of service and didn't need to ask about keeping my current number. . . . .
    I see. Please let us know if you have any difficulty switching the 700p (and your old #) over to the SERO line on 5/28.
    I called customer service about 3 times before I was able to sign up for the Sero plan and keep my same phone number. It is just a matter of who you end up with. The other times they both referred me to the online site and new activation. The lady who I talked to was very helpful and I went so far as to tell her supervisor about how see was very helpful. I tried calling back to talk to her and they cannot transfer your call to her. I did give her the e-mail address of the sprint employee I had but it was like it was just a afterthought. I would suggest to keep trying until you get someone that is helpful. I hope I can still get a discount on a 700p at the end of May. I had to sign up for 2 year starting May 15th.
  16.    #96  
    I got caught up in this SERO plan and I don't even have the EVDO in my area, lol......that won't stop me from getting the 700p though.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maryann
    I got caught up in this SERO plan and I don't even have the EVDO in my area, lol......that won't stop me from getting the 700p though.
    Look at it this way... you have a great plan and so many perks added for free... eventually you might get evdo in your area and you will be set.
    I have a 650 and am under contract until Dec. I want a 700P NOW with SERO. Do you all think this might be the best way?

1) Get a 700P and sign up for extended contract (2 yrs) to get discounts, etc.

2) Immediately afterward, call and cancel the contract for $200.

3) Resign new contract with SERO. After getting the "cheap" phone, switch back to the 700P.

It seems to me this is the cheapest way to do it. If I sign up for SERO right now, I will still have to pay the cancellation fee AND pay full price for the 700P when I buy it. So, do you all think this way will work?
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I am leaning toward signing up for sero with an a920, possibly going 700p-less for six months, rather than doing the trade-in, risk losing sero forever. What's your take on that?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345