Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Here's what Lord Shadowmite suggested in the Sprint Price Plans! thread:

Just to put a few of you at ease, when I got sero I wanted a power vision device that was not offered on sero. So I signed up and elected the freebie phone (normal vision only). I then paid full price for the device I wanted on eBay, and activated it instead of the device sprint sent. Finally, I ebay'd the freebie for $100... They have no problem changing vision to power vision on the sero plan.
    I currently have a K that runs out 11/1 that is a Family share plan. It will still be cheaper to me to get 2 SERO accounts and then activate the 700p on mine and my old 650 for my wife. I would just change the plan on my other K to a bare bones plan and cancel after November 1st.

I just don't know if that will work...
    Is there EVER a problem with upgrading your phone (one that you bought legit)?
    I just got off the phone with the SERO line (which apparently they have). The only plan available for my area is one with 1000 minutes + extras (not the $30) a month. Area code 49504.

However, the sales rep asked me where I'd be using the plan. I notice on their website that Detroit has the plan I want. Would it be possible to play the system and say I'd use it in Detroit to get the right plan but have it be shipped to my house?

Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by chasely
    I just got off the phone with the SERO line (which apparently they have). The only plan available for my area is one with 1000 minutes + extras (not the $30) a month. Area code 49504.

However, the sales rep asked me where I'd be using the plan. I notice on their website that Detroit has the plan I want. Would it be possible to play the system and say I'd use it in Detroit to get the right plan but have it be shipped to my house?

Frustrated

Grand Rapids, Mi is an affiliate market for Sprint. The SERO plan is only available to those in "corporate" markets. I am surprised they even had one plan available.
    Chasely:

When did they start using 5 digit area codes!?!?!

What was the number you called?

Has any body had luck with going online plugging in the e-mail and zip and then selecting "order by phone"?
    CAn I add another line to the SERO plan and can I add a 700p to SERO plan, would like to get a line for my wife. Thanks
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I just got off the phone.. and I spoke with someone in retention and she hooked up my current account. I simply told her that I was a long time sprint user (8years) and that my buddy who works at sprint offered me the program. First Rep I spoke to was going to do it, but when he asked his supervisor about it, he changed his tone so I said ok, transfer me to retention... When I got there I told her I was frustrated and not under any contract right now and would hate to leave sprint over this... So she gave me the Sero package... along with a 20 percent loyalty discount.. as well as my nights and weekend free starting at 7:00... she also carried over my unlimited text for 5 bucks... So I am a friggin' happy camper right now...

I see it this way, the money I am saving in the long run will pay for my 700p... She did mention that Sprint had to make the program tough to get because so many people were calling in trying to get it. I thanked her and offered to send an email praising her great customer service... she was happy.. I was happy.. now when my 700p gets into my hands... I will be VERY happy!

Also, I didnt even have to give anyones sprint e-mail... she gladly just upgraded my current plan..
    Quote Originally Posted by feces
    CAn I add another line to the SERO plan and can I add a 700p to SERO plan, would like to get a line for my wife. Thanks

As I understand it.

SERO plans are stand alone -- no sharing minutes plans
    You may be able to open more than one SERO account, though.
    Current talk is that the 700P will not be a SERO plan selectable phone (to get a discount) but if you have one -- you can use one -- or buy it full price when setting up the account. That should work.

Cheers, Perry.
    Congrats Kaoswlf
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    Congrats Kaoswlf
    Thanks!!
  11.    #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by treozero
    Chasely:

When did they start using 5 digit area codes!?!?!

What was the number you called?

Has any body had luck with going online plugging in the e-mail and zip and then selecting "order by phone"?
    Yes, that worked for me but did not want to order a new phone and new account......but maybe I should. I may try that retention though. I have been a long time sprint customer.
  12.    #72  
    Whoops sorry, did not try the order by phone. I was afraid they would ask for the Sprint person's name.
    I think once you tell them that you will cancel they will be more than happy to hook you up.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Grand Rapids, Mi is an affiliate market for Sprint. The SERO plan is only available to those in "corporate" markets. I am surprised they even had one plan available.
    Well, that sucks. lol

PM coming your way.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Just went to view my account on sprint and my account is updated... Here is what it has listed...

Discover everything included in your current plan below, along with lots of great services that can be added to it. You can also view other available plans

Sprint Fair & Flexible Plan

* Adjustable Anytime Minutes
    * $30.00 Minimum Monthly Charge
    * AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    * Nationwide Long Distance Included
    * Unlimited Night & Weekend Mins. Included
    * Nights: M-Th 9PM-7AM Wknd: F 9PM-M 7AM
    * Unlimited Vision Access
    * Unlimited Mobile to Mobile
    * Caller ID, Call Waiting
    * Three-way Calling
    * Voicemail

Unlimited text - 5.00
    Insurance - 6.00
    Very nice
    Jimmie Geddes
    OK, I'm throwing my hat into this ring for anyone who might have an answer for me.

I'm still under contract but have a $300 credit coming on the 700p _IF_ I re-up x2 years. I want to:
    1) Buy the 700p when it comes out using the $300 credit & do the re-up;
    2) Activate 700p;
    3) THEN, a week or three later, set up a new SERO line and get the free phone;
    4) When the free phone arrives, call & have the 700p switched to the SERO line;
    5) Cancel the standard contract & pay the cancellation fee (which I will make up in less than 1 year);
    6) Sell or give the free phone away.

Will this work?
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    OK, I'm throwing my hat into this ring for anyone who might have an answer for me.

I'm still under contract but have a $300 credit coming on the 700p _IF_ I re-up x2 years. I want to:
    1) Buy the 700p when it comes out using the $300 credit & do the re-up;
    2) Activate 700p;
    3) THEN, a week or three later, set up a new SERO line and get the free phone;
    4) When the free phone arrives, call & have the 700p switched to the SERO line;
    5) Cancel the standard contract & pay the cancellation fee (which I will make up in less than 1 year);
    6) Sell or give the free phone away.

Will this work?
    As long as you get all this done by the end of June... I think SERO is gone at the end of june.. but it sounds like you have a plan in place. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    As long as you get all this done by the end of June... I think SERO is gone at the end of june.. but it sounds like you have a plan in place. Good luck.
    Thanks. Worst case scenario, I save $300 on the 700p.
    ETF on Sprint is now $200.00.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast