Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Perry maybe you can help me

I bought a Treo 650 in Feb of '05 signed a 2 year contract. In April I wanted to try out the 6700, I returned it, was never charged anything. I noticed yesterday that Sprint now has my contract until April 2008 (they added 2 years when I tried out the 6700), I never told them/asked for a new 2 year contract. I know that I can use that when I call retentions probably.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    So they'll basically let me just sign up for the SERO account with all my same information, and be fine? Don't you think they would catch onto this?
    Didn't see the part about having an existing account. Are you near the end of your agreement? If not, it may be well worth the $150 ETF for cancelling, and get a new line from SERO.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

No Sprint added another 2 years to my account in April. I am going to use that as ammunition, they never told me they were, and I never asked. Would I be able to cancel my account and sign up for SERO right away? I heard that there was a 90 day wait you had to do.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    Didn't see the part about having an existing account. Are you near the end of your agreement? If not, it may be well worth the $150 ETF for cancelling, and get a new line from SERO.
    Unless you can plead your case with retentions -- WHAT SCARY SAID, you will probably make back the $150 in 5 to 6 months.
    Do you have to wait before signing up?
    Jimmie Geddes
    steve.smith@sprint.com got me in (and I made it up).

Treo is still $299 with a SERO plan.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    lol
    Jimmie Geddes
    Do you have to wait before signing up?

A new line, is a new line in my mind. Set it up. Get the new line live. (Swap your exisitng telephone number to the SERO line. . . . . is this possible?) Then cancel the old.
    No Sprint added another 2 years to my account in April. I am going to use that as ammunition, they never told me they were, and I never asked. Would I be able to cancel my account and sign up for SERO right away? I heard that there was a 90 day wait you had to do.
    Did you change plans when you switched to the 6700? did the new plan now apply to your 650?

Do what I do EVERY TIME you call Sprint, and verify they did not change your length of contract. Use baby words to make it crystal clear. Have them read the date from their screen. It's saved me a few headaches.
    I love Sprints service / phones, but their CSR's and business practices drive me nutz.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Is anyone planning on trying to sign up for SERO now with a cheap phone, then try to get a 700p for full price? Or just wait and see if the 700p will be offered on any SERO plans at a discounted price? I'm thinking it might just be worth it to get SERO now, before Sprint changes their mind, starts cracking down on it. It seems like they are starting to already. If anyone is successful please let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by k_gilly
    Is anyone planning on trying to sign up for SERO now with a cheap phone, then try to get a 700p for full price? Or just wait and see if the 700p will be offered on any SERO plans at a discounted price? I'm thinking it might just be worth it to get SERO now, before Sprint changes their mind, starts cracking down on it. It seems like they are starting to already. If anyone is successful please let me know.

I am in month 2 of the plan you state. I thought that SERO was closing down at the end of March -- so I locked in.

Cheers, Perry.
    I think it will be worth it signing up now, because of the long term savings. It's going to be hard paying $700.00 for a 700p, but well worth it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I am in month 2 of the plan you state. I thought that SERO was closing down at the end of March -- so I locked in.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry, when you get the 700P what plan will your avatar be on? Will you put her on a SERO plan as well or are you going to use 2 plans?
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    anyone with luck poting their number from their current line to a new sero plan?

thanks!
    sorry...poRting...
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Perry, when you get the 700P what plan will your avatar be on? Will you put her on a SERO plan as well or are you going to use 2 plans?
    2 plans -- I get the 700P and the one SERO account.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    anyone with luck poting their number from their current line to a new sero plan?

thanks!
    I was in the same boat as you, dutch. A family plan with shares minutes and vision data access. We have been with Sprint for a least 6 years and have a spotless record. Our contract expired in 2004 and we never thought about reviewing till I heard about SERO a couple of months ago. Below are the keys to switching your existing sprint numbers to SERO:

- It helps if you are a long-time customer and preferred customer.
    - It helps if your contract has expired.
    - It helps if you actually know a real sprint employee.
    - Be persistent
    - Be willing to cancel your account and get new numbers

Sprint gave me the usual run-around and I must have called 7-8 different toll-free numbers before I got hold of someone who is willing to help. Even then, she didn't quite know how to do it and had to get some help. If you run into resistance, just tell them politely that you are willing to cancel your existing accounts and sign up for SERO from scratch with new numbers. That usually gets their attention.

Be persistent and don't take no for an answer. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome
    I was in the same boat as you, dutch. A family plan with shares minutes and vision data access. We have been with Sprint for a least 6 years and have a spotless record. Our contract expired in 2004 and we never thought about reviewing till I heard about SERO a couple of months ago. Below are the keys to switching your existing sprint numbers to SERO:

- It helps if you are a long-time customer and preferred customer.
    - It helps if your contract has expired.
    - It helps if you actually know a real sprint employee.
    - Be persistent
    - Be willing to cancel your account and get new numbers

Sprint gave me the usual run-around and I must have called 7-8 different toll-free numbers before I got hold of someone who is willing to help. Even then, she didn't quite know how to do it and had to get some help. If you run into resistance, just tell them politely that you are willing to cancel your existing accounts and sign up for SERO from scratch with new numbers. That usually gets their attention.

Be persistent and don't take no for an answer. Good luck.
    I am going to wait and see what Sprint says in their email. I didn't change plans when I tried out the 6700. I had the 650 and the 6700, the 6700 was another line. I never got charged for the 6700, and returned it. I just noticed that my account showed my contract was up in April of 2008.
    Jimmie Geddes
    In my email I said that I didn't want to have to cancel my account, but I would to switch to SERO.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast