1.    #1  
    did they fix the problem with earpiece volume or will we still need VC? What is the volume like on the 700W? What about BT volume on the P and W?
    From what I hear -- they have improved the 700P volume. I will still use Volume Care -- as I like the multiple settings and the power boost to adjust the volume to meet the environment I am in.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/17/2006 at 10:51 AM.
  3.    #3  
    bump
    I am also curious as to how the earpiece volume compares to the 650 and the 700w. Can anyone with the 700p please let us know how strong the earpiece volume is. thanks
    yes the audio quality is improved on the treo 700p but i still use volumecare for custom settings on certain apps.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I used VC on 600 and it really boosted sound at least 5 times. On the 700p, though, I can barely see a difference. The speaker volume on the 700p is low (even when increased to max). I maxed both speaker and boost to its max on VC and the difference was minimal. How are others experiencing VC on the 700p?
    I thought the same thing, it seemed to me that the volume change was not enough to use it. The BT headset volume is very usable right out the the box.
    Way better in all areas. i still use VC because of the multiple per app settings. I love the 700p.
    700pInIt
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    looks like you just might have to try it for yourself, I tested it yesterday just for kicks, I've had the phone for about a week now and haven't needed it, with the 650 I was close to first in line to get VC.
    let me just summarize to make sure we're talking same thing here. Please indicate using true of false on these 2 statements. These statements are based on my personal experience with all the Troe's I had... For my case, I'll use T for 1 and F for 2.
    1- VC's benefit is marginal on the 700p compared to the 600 and 650.
    2- Speaker volume has significantly improved on the 700p compared to the 6xx ones.

Also, I would like to confirm that I'm not missing anything here ( I read the entire manual)....
    Using the rocker button on the side of the treo, I maxed it out so all volume bars are blackened. Even though, I can not hear the speaker while driving with window open. Other than this button, is there another place where you can boost the speaker volume outside of using VC.
    Thanks for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by cnewtonne
    let me just summarize to make sure we're talking same thing here. Please indicate using true of false on these 2 statements. These statements are based on my personal experience with all the Troe's I had... For my case, I'll use T for 1 and F for 2.
    1- VC's benefit is marginal on the 700p compared to the 600 and 650.
    2- Speaker volume has significantly improved on the 700p compared to the 6xx ones.

Also, I would like to confirm that I'm not missing anything here ( I read the entire manual)....
    Using the rocker button on the side of the treo, I maxed it out so all volume bars are blackened. Even though, I can not hear the speaker while driving with window open. Other than this button, is there another place where you can boost the speaker volume outside of using VC.
    Thanks for all.
    All,

Make sure you are using Version 5.38 of VC on the Treo 700p. It is true that the speaker phone volume is not good on the 700p. It is better with VC but still not at a usable volume in a loud environment. I have also noticed that I definitely need VC when using SprintTv. Without VC this service is less than useful if you are using hte back speaker.

All other times, I still find VC a needed thing for handset and wired headset operation.

Jeff
    I love it virgin style! No VC for me.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Overall the earpiece on my 700p seems much better than my 650. I actually turned down the volume setting because when I first started using my 700p it was too loud. I still enjoy having boost because today I was making hotel reservations and I had to turn boost all the way up to hear the lady on the phone!
    I have poor hearing and I must say with volume care the 700p is unbelievable. The volume can go so loud that I have to turn it down. I tried VC on a 650 and I couldn't notice any difference. On the other had VC had a huge bennifit to my 700p. Yes, the volume level out of the box is definatly better than the 650. I couldn't use the 650 because of the low volume issue. I purchased the VC pro. This 700p is outstanding.
    I forgot to mention that i think it's a crime that palm can't incorporate their own version of volume care out of the box. Maybe they own VC and we are all getting scammed.?????????????? If the phone is capable of very hight earpiece volume then why can't we get it out of the box
    VolumeCare made a difference on my 700p. Ringtone volume was very low.. and with VC installed, I was able to HEAR my Treo (700p) again.
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
    for me it does help with some programs like voice dial. Unless I am missing something, the voice prompt in that program is very quiet.