Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    on the video review on Mobility Today, there was a link for Good Link, is this going to be used for push email?

It's around the 5:10 mark - http://mobilitytoday.com/articles/palm_treo_700p.html
    Does anybody know anything about this?
    Last edited by kavione; 05/17/2006 at 09:44 AM. Reason: title error
    i think so. that thing is expensive stand alone. i wonder how having 2 email apps will work
    Perhaps the mods can move this to the GoodLink forum to make sure GoodGuy sees it.

I haven't seen an announcement yet, but fully expect Good to support the 700p since they support the 600 and 650 already. Using two email apps will be fine as long as you aren't trying to sync both of them to the same email account.
    Versamail and Good coexist just fine on my GSM 650. GoodLink is tied to my Exchange account at work, and Versamail is tied to my home account. Good has ties with all the carriers and has the icon on the handhelds to speed up the provisioning process if your IT department has a GoodLink server and will add your account to it. They now also have GoodLink data plans similar to how RIM does it with the BlackBerry. Bottom line is the icon is in ROM and does you no good unless you are connecting to a GoodLink server.
    The Get Good icon, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $will$ $direct$ $you$ $to$ $a$ $web$ $page$ $to$ $demo$ $GoodLink$. $We$ $are$ $going$ $to$ $be$ $supporting$ $the$ $700P$ $upon$ $release$. $For$ $those$ $that$ $don$'$t$ $know$, $GoodLink$ $is$ $an$ $enterprise$ $email$ $solution$ $that$ $has$ $a$ $server$ $component$ $and$ $requires$ $Exchange$ $admin$ $rights$ $to$ $install$.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    The Get Good icon, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $will$ $direct$ $you$ $to$ $a$ $web$ $page$ $to$ $demo$ $GoodLink$. $We$ $are$ $going$ $to$ $be$ $supporting$ $the$ $700P$ $upon$ $release$. $For$ $those$ $that$ $don$'$t$ $know$, $GoodLink$ $is$ $an$ $enterprise$ $email$ $solution$ $that$ $has$ $a$ $server$ $component$ $and$ $requires$ $Exchange$ $admin$ $rights$ $to$ $install$.
    Will this be on both the Sprint and VZW 700p's and will we be able to delete the icon?
    Just out of curiousity, does GoodLink work with plain imap? I'm just asking because my work is leaving Exchange and moving to something called "Kerio" which is based on internet standards (IMAP/SMTP).

No, GoodLink is strictly a MAPI based, client/server application.
    GoodGuy,

Could you tell me a little more about how Goodlink works in comparison to Sprint Business Connection. I currently use sprint bizcon on my treo 650 and am generally happy with it. I get my office email (lotus notes) pushed to my treo in real time, like a blackberry. It also wirelessly syncs my calendar from my office computer to my treo (and vise versa). I am also able to access my documents in a specific directory on my office computer. The downsides: Contacts do not wirelessly sync. And I also do not particularly like the fact that sprint bizcon uses a differnt calendar system than the one native to the treo.

How does goodlink work in comparison? Also, how much does the service cost? Currently, I get sprint bizcon for $5 a month as part of my phone bill.

Thanks for the information. Since I will be upgrading to the 700P as soon as I can, I will clearly be making some changes to the services I get with sprint, so this is a good time to reconsider my use of sprint bizcon.

Micah
    Micah..We do not currently support Lotus Notes. It will be (hopefully) shipping towards the end of the Summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano
    i think so. that thing is expensive stand alone. i wonder how having 2 email apps will work
    My 650 arrived with Versamail , Exchange and GetGood
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micahmj11
    GoodGuy,

Could you tell me a little more about how Goodlink works in comparison to Sprint Business Connection. I currently use sprint bizcon on my treo 650 and am generally happy with it. I get my office email (lotus notes) pushed to my treo in real time, like a blackberry. It also wirelessly syncs my calendar from my office computer to my treo (and vise versa). I am also able to access my documents in a specific directory on my office computer. The downsides: Contacts do not wirelessly sync. And I also do not particularly like the fact that sprint bizcon uses a differnt calendar system than the one native to the treo.

How does goodlink work in comparison? Also, how much does the service cost? Currently, I get sprint bizcon for $5 a month as part of my phone bill.

Thanks for the information. Since I will be upgrading to the 700P as soon as I can, I will clearly be making some changes to the services I get with sprint, so this is a good time to reconsider my use of sprint bizcon.

Micah
    I have used both - BCEE & GoodLink. Goodlink is light years ahead of BCEE - From my perspective. What I think is currently missing from GL is the ability to send attachements, a spell checker, and a summary folder (like Chatter) rather then having to manually change inbox subfolders.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross
    What I think is currently missing from GL is the ability to send attachements, a spell checker, and a summary folder (like Chatter) rather then having to manually change inbox subfolders.
    Sending attachments is a top-priority for our development team as this is an obvious weakness. Spell checker is on our roadmap, though I have no idea when it will be availble. As for a summary folder, being that I don't use Chatter, can you tell me exactly what that is?
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Chatter and BES give you the ability to select the folders you want to sync - as does Good. However with Good you must bounce from Inbox to SubFolder A,B, etc. The summary folder contains all emails of the folders you choose to sync, so rather then change inbox folders - it dumps them all to one. Marc has taken it a step further and added color coding. So "Inbox" items my be yellow, items from my "Maple Leafs Stanley Cup Champs 2007" inbox subfolder blue, etc...
    I know that GoodGuy said that his software only works with the "Evil Empire" software (Exchange). Is there anything out there that works with Internet standards such as IMAP?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcross
    Chatter and BES give you the ability to select the folders you want to sync - as does Good. However with Good you must bounce from Inbox to SubFolder A,B, etc. The summary folder contains all emails of the folders you choose to sync, so rather then change inbox folders - it dumps them all to one. Marc has taken it a step further and added color coding. So "Inbox" items my be yellow, items from my "Maple Leafs Stanley Cup Champs 2007" inbox subfolder blue, etc...
    Oh..So if I get Chatter, I can change items in my "Carolina Hurricanes Stanley Cup Champions 2006" to red? Cool...

Micah..We do not currently support Lotus Notes. It will be (hopefully) shipping towards the end of the Summer.
    GoodGuy Navigating the Obstacle Course...

http://www.newsobserver.com/128/story/439109.html
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GolfBallMan
    GoodGuy Navigating the Obstacle Course...

http://www.newsobserver.com/128/story/439109.html
    He looks just like a "GoodGuy" should...
    Why didn't anybody mention that chattermail works with IMAP? I'm guessing that it does pretty much the same thing as good?
    I use both versamail and goodlink. goodlink has been fantastic with the exception of attachments ofcourse; however, I setup an exchange/activesync account in versamail where I use versamail only to send emails with attachments when necessary and just never hit the "sync" so that it doesn't bring everything down. I highly recommend thia as a workaround for those needing to send attachments and using goodlink as the main mail app. I also use versamail for aol, yahoo, etc.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!