Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    ok, I got the ppc6700 in january and would have to pay full price for 700p. I have a few hundred dollars but not enough to buy the 700p without selling my 6700 first. I can't go without a phone for a week or so while I ebay my 6700 and wait for the release of the 700p. I feel that the $250 dollar difference in price between new contract and full price would be worth pay $150 to get out of contract and resign as new contract getting full discount. this would save me $100.
    my plan is to go in to sprint store, pay the $150 to get out of contract, get some other phone. since I would have a new phone I could ebay my 6700 to get the rest of what I need for 700p. within the 14 day deal I would return the new phone I just got and get a different one. I would say something like " I'm just not quite happy with it and would like to up grade to a little more expensive one". buy the time that the second 14 day trial ran out the 700p would be availble. then I could go in one more time and up grade. this would keep me in service with a phone, allow me to come up with the extra money needed, and allow me to get the $40 pam plan before it expires on the 21st.

what do you guys think? I know I might be charged for the activation s and not quite save the whole $100 dollars but wouldn't I get charged and activation even if I didn't cancel contract and bought phone at full price?

thanks for your thoughts, cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 05/17/2006 at 07:41 AM.
    never mind being deceptive or conducting this transaction with the intent to defraud sprint, there has to be a time laps between the old contract and the new one and I think its 60 days.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    never mind being deceptive or conducting this transaction with the intent to defraud sprint, there has to be a time laps between the old contract and the new one and I think its 60 days.
    That and the fact that you can only do ONE swap within 14 days, not 2 like you suggest.
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Last I knew its 90 days after canceling before you are eligible to receive new customer pricing.
  5.    #5  
    the 79th post in this thread http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=4&pp=20 said it was intant.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Do you really need the 700p the minute it comes out. Instead of being deceptive about it why don't you save up to buy it like a normal person.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Do you really need the 700p the minute it comes out. Instead of being deceptive about it why don't you save up to buy it like a normal person.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    I'm not tring to be deceptive as much as just playing the system. it not that I can't wait to save money it that I need to sell my 6700 first and don't want to be without phone service.

another though is what if I got the 700p as another line on my shared minutes plan (extra $10). switch the phone number from the 6700 to the 700p, then sold my 6700. after I sold the 6700 I could pay the cancellation fee and still come out money ahead. still being with phone service. see I have $500 and the 6700. that's all I have to work with before my wife devorices me. lol. see thinks I'm some kind of phone addict with a big problem. she just doesn't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc
    see I have $500 and the 6700. that's all I have to work with before my wife devorices me. lol. see thinks I'm some kind of phone addict with a big problem. she just doesn't understand
    You? A big problem? Come on, you lie...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    You? A big problem? Come on, you lie...
    I've wanted a treo for years now. I was stuck with nextel for a long time but found out that I could switch to sprint since the merger so I did. I was going to go with the treo then but saw the new wm5.0 ppc6700 and got that. I like sprint its just I miss calls all the time with the 6700. I ve done everything possible to fix this problem. lets just say I'm not to happy with the windows thing. I would like to go with palm. I want to be a treo buddie like you guys. I want to be forgiving for ever thinking windows was better than palm. I just want to be loved. please let me be in your club?
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc
    I just want to be loved. please let me be in your club?
    Whoa.
    (Backs away slowly)

Oh give me a break mr 'Holier than thou'..
    My advice is to do everything you possible can to be deceptive and defraud ALL of the cell phone companies.

After all they been doing it to us (the public) for what, 12 years now?
    -tgwaste
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Whoa.
    (Backs away slowly)
    just joking. all seriousness, I have been fond of the treo for a long time now. with the release of a new product I would just like to figure out a way to make it work out. it seems that the majority of you guys are happy with the treo devices. with my current account being so new I'm just tring to figure a way to save some money and inconvenience. i'm not looking for a club I need a reliable phone with good data. the treo has lots of avaible assories and applications. I just don't want to pay $700. instead of bashing my ideas how about being helpful. maybe caling sprint retention since I have 4 lines on my account and begging for a good deal. I don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by tgwaste
    Oh give me a break mr 'Holier than thou'..
    My advice is to do everything you possible can to be deceptive and defraud ALL of the cell phone companies.

After all they been doing it to us (the public) for what, 12 years now?
    Here here!
    How many TC users have SERO, but only got it because of an email address, and not knowing someone @ Sprint?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

With Rogers here in Canada they call this spinning which if found out will stop the customer from resigning with them. This is because when a credit assessment is done your previous Rogers accounts are displayed listing reason for cancellation (ie: non-payment, violation of terms, etc). They also have restrictions such as if the device has over 30 minutes airtime, 150 KB data or has past 30 days from time of activation then the customer owns the device and Rogers will not take the device back. Some authorized dealer locations for Rogers even have a stocking fee. Then there's the surprized customers who don't read the contract or listen to the agent when say that if they cancel their service with Rogers that the MIR (Mail In Rebate) with the company doesn't apply and the customer will be paying full price for the device. Reason being the customer didn't stay with the term they signed up for and cancelled early which changes the price of the device they would of paid with no contract. Rogers learned from people using the old spin method to abuse the system, unfortunately not every carrier has learned to control this issue. If anyone is curious the ECF (Early Cancellation Fee) with Rogers per ctn (Cellular Telephone Number) is $200.00, Telus doesn't have a cap on what they can charge for their ECF and Bell last I heard is $250.00 ECF per ctn. The ECF is charged on top of the MSF, SAF and 911 as well any overage of charges not included in the price plan for the last 30 days from time of requesting cancellation. Anyway, the point being read the printed text in the contract and if verbal contract over the phone ensure you understand everything before hanging up the phone. Most carriers such as Rogers outline the terms and conditions of their contract in their monthly bill statement which also helps curb the response "I was never told that"..lol.
    sprint changed it to $200 to get out of a contract.
    and knowing sprint...IF you did try to do all that, make sure to have extra cash in reserves...cause they really know how to F up somebody's account.
    Wont you lose your phone # if you do this?
    Here is how I plan on getting a 700p. Go to Sprint Store, pull out checkbook, write check for full amount minus $75 discount for having had my 650 for more than a year. Walk out of store with 700p. Everyone always seems to be looking for an angle.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    Here is how I plan on getting a 700p. Go to Sprint Store, pull out checkbook, write check for full amount minus $75 discount for having had my 650 for more than a year. Walk out of store with 700p. Everyone always seems to be looking for an angle.
    What is up with all the saints in this thread??? Give me a break! How many of you always find loop holes into changing your plans? or get a friends discount on any kind of merchandise?(not even a phone) Who ever is without sin should cast the first stone! Or you all think deception is only bad when it is blatantly obvious (as in the case of the thread starter) and not when it is cleverly disguised? If morality is the issue then understand this......There is no difference between stealing a penny and a million dollars(in the eyes of God that is)
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast