Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amen
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfpackFan
    Here is how I plan on getting a 700p. Go to Sprint Store, pull out checkbook, write check for full amount minus $75 discount for having had my 650 for more than a year. Walk out of store with 700p. Everyone always seems to be looking for an angle.
    Let me guess. The recently renewed tax break will save you a fair amount more than $47.00? lol
    There's a way, but it takes guts and money.

First, I'd check out cell reception at the nearest prison. You may end up there. And they may not let you have your cell phone during your stay.

Second, be sure you have homeowners' insurance and that it is in effect.

Third, hire someone to burn down the house before your divorce is final. If money is an issue, you could try to do this yourself. Be sure your current phone is inside the house.

Fourth, once the fire is out, file your insurance claim. Be sure to list the phone!

Fifth, wait for that sweet insurance check to come in. With the money (not divorced yet, are you?), stroll into your local cell store (wearin a new pimp daddy outfit, natch), throw down, and walk out with that sweet, sweet phone.

Now some folks might say this is fraud, some might say it's just playin' the system. I say it's not my fault if you follow even one word of this posting.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    What is up with all the saints in this thread??? Give me a break! How many of you always find loop holes into changing your plans? or get a friends discount on any kind of merchandise?(not even a phone) Who ever is without sin should cast the first stone! Or you all think deception is only bad when it is blatantly obvious (as in the case of the thread starter) and not when it is cleverly disguised? If morality is the issue then understand this......There is no difference between stealing a penny and a million dollars(in the eyes of God that is)
    Why are giving him a hard time? He just said how he planned to get it. Wasn't even preachy about it.

Seems he was less offended by the "immoral" ways to get the 700 than you are with the "moral" ways.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why are giving him a hard time? He just said how he planned to get it. Wasn't even preachy about it.

Seems he was less offended by the "immoral" ways to get the 700 than you are with the "moral" ways.
    Insertion,
    I was addressing everyone that was saying the poor dude is being deceptive :
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    Insertion,
    I was addressing everyone that was saying the poor dude is being deceptive :
    Got it. That makes more sense.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    1. Use a credit card.....buy the phone and by the time the bill comes in you'll have ya 6700 e-bay'd.

2. If ya gotta worry about having the money to buy a phone, I'd think about getting ya money's worth outta each phone ya purchase and keeping it more than 4 months.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    1. Use a credit card.....buy the phone and by the time the bill comes in you'll have ya 6700 e-bay'd.

2. If ya gotta worry about having the money to buy a phone, I'd think about getting ya money's worth outta each phone ya purchase and keeping it more than 4 months.
    this is it. man it is just perfect. I can't belive I didn't think of that before I started this thread. that sure would have saved me a lot of flaming. it not so much that I make or save money on the deal but that I'm not with out a phone for any time during the change. thanks again for finally giving some helpful advice.

and by the way if anyone forgot to notice I wans't tring to get sero plan or keep some old grandfathered plan or get teathering for free or the old evdo hack or anything Illegal like SO MANY of you guys do. anyhow I would like to be able to feel welcomed back on to the site someday hoping I do get the treo so i'll try to leave on a good note. I understand what everyone was saying and all, I just don't think everyone understood I wasn't trying to steal anything. I just wanted a treo.

peace, cody
    go to verizon- sign up for a new account and port your number to verizon- cancel within 14 days- when you go back to sprint it will be like you are a new customer again
    if you still wanted to save some dough just add it as an additional phone. switch the numbers and then cancel the other number. BTW, isn't the cancellation as much as the discount? Won't you break even?

A better way may be to trade trade in an old phone. I thought you mentioned having 4 phones on your account. Are any of them 2 years old. If so, I think you will be eligible to upgrade at a discount not about the details though.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12