1.    #1  
    When is Cingular getting a verison of the 700 and is it worth the upgrade from a 650? I rarely use my phone to surf cause it's so slow....maybe this is the only reason to upgrade? Maybe the 1.3 camera? What else would make it worth it?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla
    When is Cingular getting a verison of the 700 and is it worth the upgrade from a 650? I rarely use my phone to surf cause it's so slow....maybe this is the only reason to upgrade? Maybe the 1.3 camera? What else would make it worth it?
    Current thoughts are that a GSM version of the next Treo will bo out in the Fall (Sept-Oct is what I am hearing). However, the device is in testing and there has been a couple of set-backs. Some say it is a 700, some say it is a phone that used to be called the Hollywood, others say it is an entirely different device. No leaks on specs, so just gotta wait and see.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla
    I think the main issue is the EDGE network Cingular has in place now. It's a slowpoke version of 3G, not "true" 3G in my opinion and while Cingular does have a faster 3G network in place only a few Cingular phones run on it. The high speed networks Sprint and VW have their 700P running on makes it worth the buy if you're a Sprint or VW customer. To answer your question it's not worth the upgrade from the 650 if Cingular offers the 700P only on their EDGE network. Same data and voice transfer speed. Same screen resolution. Same CPU. Same Palm OS version. At best, you get a better cam and more memory with the 700P. Not exactly the best reasons to let your 650 go in favor of a new 700P. The 600 to 650 upgrade was far more significant. When Cingular successfully tests the 700P with their 3G network I will be in line for one myself. Oh, and not to throw salt in the wound but there's been much talk about an '800P' aka "Hollywood" model for GSM in the works and Cingular is supposed to be in line for that. Slimmer, faster, antenna-less version of the Treo that is feature-rich. That's the 'talk' right now.
    Last edited by brownievegas; 05/18/2006 at 09:43 AM.