Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vzw is way better than sprint
    ^Not with EVDO in Florida... Sprint has EVDO in nearly 20 FL markets and will also start roaming Alltel EVDO in July. Verizon has EVDO in only 5 or 6 FL markets. As far as voice, both Sprint and Verizon have the same roaming area in FL.

http://www.evdoforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=1841

Take a look at Sprint's future plans (in yellow) for EVDO in FL by end of the year, almost entire network.
    http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...doEnterZip.jsp
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    I have always felt that Verizon has the best network for making voice calls. But my experience with the T650 tells me that might be changing. I had the worst service imaginable on my 650 whereas a Cingular user had good reception on his 650 in my building. I think VZW is resting on their good reputation among people like me who remember the "old days" of a few years ago where it was hard to argue that VZW didn't have the best network. I'm regretting that my wife just signed a 2-year contract. I'd like to switch to Sprint for all the reasons mentioned above. Here's my take on VZW right now:

1) They are prone to crippling their phones (v710, e815, etc)
    2) The charge the most
    3) They no longer seem to have the best network
    4) their support is just as bad as anyone
    5) They are the most evil of all the cell phone companies.
    xeno i live in fl.miramar.great speeds 726k
    I'm sorry guys but I really don't know what DUN means.
    DAPROPHET
    I work in a hospital in ny and my sprint treo works in more areas rather than V. Sprint has better and simpler plans where V has those plans the can cost u a pretty penny. people, go with sprint. it works very well wherever I go.
    DAPROPHET
    Quote Originally Posted by BXPROPHET
    Use your Treo as a modem for your computer.
    I didn't wanna start a new thread since there's been plenty of those regarding this already. But, here's an official accouncement directly off Sprint's news page for employees.

Sprint News

Treo 700p available end of month

05/16/2006

The wait is over. Sprint plans to offer the Treo 700p by Palm at the end of May. The latest PDA harnesses broadband-like download speeds of the Sprint Power Vision Network. It will be available at Sprint Stores, Sprint business channels and online at www.sprint.com.

The new PDA allows Sprint customers who prefer the Palm OS to continue to do more in more places. “The Treo700p is ideal for customers who need a combination of power and elegance, says Danny Bowman, vice president-Product Marketing. “It allows them to own a stylish, cutting-edge device while still helping them to be more efficient and productive.”

The Treo 700p builds upon the success of earlier models offering faster download speeds up to 2Mbps, streaming audio and video capabilities, a 1.3 megapixel camera, 128 MB of memory, an updated Palm OS and a refined back-lit QWERTY keyboard.

As the first wireless carrier to offer an EV-DO-capable Treo on the Palm OS, Sprint will be the only wireless carrier to offer live TV capabilities – via Sprint TV - on the Treo700p.
    Can Sprint customers roam on VZW's networks and vice versa?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Can Sprint customers roam on VZW's networks and vice versa?
    I often roam on V's network as a Sprint customer. Many plans, including mine, have free roaming included.
    And Sprint can also roam voice on Alltel. Starting in July, Sprint will roam data, including EVDO/1xRTT on Alltel - for free.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BXPROPHET
    DUN = Dial Up Networking
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    I often roam on V's network as a Sprint customer. Many plans, including mine, have free roaming included.
    Can I roam onto the Verizon network on the SERO plan?

In theory then, would I have more coverage with Sprint than with Verizon since I would have access to both Sprint's and Verizon's Network?
    Quote Originally Posted by sir42
    Can I roam onto the Verizon network on the SERO plan?
    I don't have SERO, but from what I've read, SERO includes free roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by sir42
    In theory then, would I have more coverage with Sprint than with Verizon since I would have access to both Sprint's and Verizon's Network?
    I don't know if V has free roaming or not, but if they dont, then your statement would be true. One thing to keep in mind is that, currently, you dont have access to Vision services while roaming.
  15.    #36  
    I live outside of Princeton NJ, zip 08550, and commute to NYC daily on a train. I have had a T 600 since it came out and until recently it worked wonderfully on the train. Lately, I have been loosing signals on the train-but the phone otherwise works fine. That is my hesitation in renewing with Sprint. Notwithstanding this issue, if Sprint is cheaper, as long as you have coverage, Sprint seems like a no-brainer.

Related to this, how do you guys feel with regard to 700p v.s 700W.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    vzw is way better than sprint
    simple... VERIZON SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by danspalmone
    I have always felt that Verizon has the best network for making voice calls. But my experience with the T650 tells me that might be changing. I had the worst service imaginable on my 650 whereas a Cingular user had good reception on his 650 in my building. I think VZW is resting on their good reputation among people like me who remember the "old days" of a few years ago where it was hard to argue that VZW didn't have the best network. I'm regretting that my wife just signed a 2-year contract. I'd like to switch to Sprint for all the reasons mentioned above. Here's my take on VZW right now:

1) They are prone to crippling their phones (v710, e815, etc)
    2) The charge the most
    3) They no longer seem to have the best network
    4) their support is just as bad as anyone
    5) They are the most evil of all the cell phone companies.
    I agree with that!!! My contract ends 3/16/07... and will never stay with the red-monster-V
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash76
    Plus most will agree that Sprint's data network is MUCH better than Verizon's!
    Maybe in your area. In my area, Sprint's coverage sucks. I don't like paying Verizon's data rates, but the Treo has to have coverage to work.
    Verizon 600, 700w, 700p -> Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    You probably won't make a decision based on this, but Sprint's customer service is just awful at virtually every conceivable turn. It may be that everybody's customer service is awful, but I only have recent experience with Sprint. It's also true that customer service probably doesn't come up very often, so it may not matter (which must be what Sprint is banking on). Since I strongly supsect that both Verizon and Sprint's networks are pretty close to the same for my purposes, I'd be on Verizon if I had infinite money. But the fact is that Sprint's data plan is significantly cheaper, so I stay with Sprint. I never have any complaints about the pricing or actual phone/data service.

I suppose I should be grateful that the two companies have differentiated themselves so that I have a choice that allows me not to pay a lot of money for customer service that I rarely use. Having just dealt with the clowns at Sprint recently(when their automated system didn't hang up on me), a few days probably need to pass for that gratitude to return.

I'm not saying not to go with Sprint. I do and I'm happy with it. Just know what you're getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    You must be referring to voice roaming vs. data roaming. You definitely can not roam with data on Sprint - voice only. The question of Verizon vs. Sprint depends on where you live. In live in midtown Manhattan and while I get data fine from Sprint, voice is consistently a problem at home which means I always have to use the land line at home and can't take advantage of using my long-distance minutes. For this reason I am switching to Verizon with the 700p. I have travelled all along the east coast and in California, and find that both services are comparable (my wife has Verizon), with minor variations in some areas. I have told Sprint repeatedly about the problem in my apartment and know where there tower is (too far away) but they have done nothing about it. The signal from Sprint (in my apartment on the 32nd floor) is weak and also wavers, one minute I get 2-3 bars and the next I get nothing. Incoming calls more often than not don't ring. At ground level there is no problem. The bottom line is that while data is important, if you actually depend on your Treo as a cell phone, voice has to be there too.
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast