Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ok, Sprint and Palm. Give me a reason to be your biggest fan. I haver multi-lines and am on a PPC-6700. Give me a reason to come back from the dark side and take the 700P as my device of choice. Dare you to make this happen....maybe you stand to the challenge. Maybe not...
    Ummmm.....

Because.....

Well......

Hmmmmmm.....

But it's....

Okay, I give up.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    You had 8 months of cheap entertainment during Silly Season. What more of a promotional freebie could you desire?

4.    #4  
    I was hoping a coupon of some sort or some sort of sexual encounter but ok.....hmmm, still not convinced.

You two still have me in stiches nightly. Thank you for becoming friends.

Insertion may also add that having the Munk in the Mustang is the finest honor anyone has ever paid me.
    Well, the fact that you a looking for an excuse means you want to. Do it! Doooooo it! Doooooooooooooooo it!

*twiddles fingers menacingly*

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Ahhh...so now I get it. You weren't a Palm plant. You're a WM troll.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    I was hoping a coupon of some sort or some sort of sexual encounter but ok.....hmmm, still not convinced.
    Sexual encounter, eh? Well, blazer is much faster and you can stream media...lol.

You two still have me in stiches nightly. Thank you for becoming friends.

Insertion may also add that having the Munk in the Mustang is the finest honor anyone has ever paid me.
    I'm very uncomfortable with the new gharrod, he's kind of creepy. I like the old, crotchety bast*rd that would argue just to flippin argue.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    I'm very uncomfortable with the new gharrod, he's kind of creepy. I like the old, crotchety bast*rd that would argue just to flippin argue.
    yeah, WTF???

Something happened to you that one Monday...something bad.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    yeah, WTF???

Yeah I gotta say I miss the old gharrod...something is just not right. I wonder if he actually did...ummm...release some demons shall we say while out that one Monday? I tell ya that boy ain't right ever since.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity...lick it once and you suck forever!
    Sexual encounter...how about the price? I think we are all getting "sexual encountered" by Palm.
    <p>I Palm is "sexually encountering" us, then what is the term for the sloppy seconds encounters that the carriers will be doing to us on the data plans for the 700p?

Palm's $50 increase is a friendly kiss compared to the 2 years of BDSM the carriers are apparently licking their chops to impose on the unsuspecting 700p buyers. Extra $60/year for EVDO on the phone is the tease, but that "tethering" fee of another $300/year (for 20MB/mo?) may have me just holding on to the 650 with gritting teeth until Sprint locks in all the early adopters and releases some better plans.</p>
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    I believe I will be going from $10 for Vision to $15 for PowerVision. The EV-DO will be worth it. I never did tether a laptop, so I am not losing out there.

LOL

I may be that imaginary "typical" Treo user that Palm marketing and Product Development have posted on their bulletin boards:

Standard PIMs (Heavy use)
    Blazer (Works fine for what I do)
    VersaMail (1 work account + 4 home accounts) (Heavy use)
    Docs to Go for moderate personal and work use.
    MobileTS for work main frame link (light use)
    RealPlayer w/ 150 songs (daily use)
    Oh yea -- the phone thingie -- 500 minutes
    Palm Treo Bluetooth headset for the car.
    eReaderPro for reference books and ebooks
    HandMark Express for one stop shopping on all that. (Heavy Use)
    Light use of the camera. (Dad's wallet photos)
    Pocket Quicken
    Other stuff

Not the "14 contacts in the address app noob" Ed C. mentioned nor a power user with all the hacks and 3rd party PIM replacements either. Probably a 5 or 6 on a scale of 10 in using the device to it's maximum capabilities.

Haggar is right -- there is no typical Treo user. I think Palm is getting it right to provide to the majority on the higher end of the bell shaped curve of the pda/phone market. ( But maybe they need to come out with the $8,000 bleeding edge uber edition like the PC market has.)

Cheers, Perry.

Another personal thought. I just sooooooooooooooooo hate the term smartphone when applied to the Treo -- it just sooooo cheapens what the Treo really is. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .there, I feel better.
    Last edited by gtwo; 05/17/2006 at 07:35 AM.
    In all seriousness, if you're happy with the PPC-6700, you probably won't be happy with the 700p. Feature-wise, the 6700 is superior. For me, the usability (and several other little things) of the 6700 left a lot to be desired, so after trying it out for two weeks, I switched back to my 650. The 700p looks to be a nice upgrade from the 650. Whether or not it's worth a $650 "upgrade price" is debatable. I'm hoping I can get some sort of discount on the price and also get onto the SERO plan.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Ahhh...so now I get it. You weren't a Palm plant. You're a WM troll.
    Scott, amazingly you have managed to be wrong in every instance. You are starting to remind me of David Blaine (not to bright and full of BS).
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    yeah, WTF???

Look friggin moron Monkey boooooy. I was not gone on my sojourn on a Monday it was a Friday adn I am just as much a SOB now as I was then. Want me to prove it to ya??? Huh, Mr Little Banana Man???

ROFLMAO...kidding of course. Just had to get that out.

Actually I have been in Doomsville looking for Dr Doom this week. Closed circuit to Doom. Bill Murray is in your neighborhood this weekend. To bad I can't get back for that.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by geatches
    CROTCHETY?? Well, Mr Geatches, I have to get you a new Thesaurus so you can retire that Sesame Street one you are using now.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    Sexual encounter, eh? Well, blazer is much faster and you can stream media...lol.
    Hey, unless the phone comes with a blonde named Blazer that doesn't work for me. Ok, no one-handed use jokes here please...
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    You had 8 months of cheap entertainment during Silly Season. What more of a promotional freebie could you desire?

More like 8 months of rumors about how wonderful this phone was going to be and then whoopie dooo they added a little memory and a supposed new radio chip and expect you to pay TONS more for it. Sorry Perry but the open season on Lemmings is now on and is taking place at the local Sprint stores...

ok, kidding...ROFL
    CROTCHETY?? Well, Mr Geatches, I have to get you a new Thesaurus so you can retire that Sesame Street one you are using now.
    Now that's more like it!
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast