Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. tc600's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
       #1  
    It's linked in some other threads, but I thought I'd give it it's own thread:

    Posted from Mobility Today:

    http://mobilitytoday.com/news/verizon_700p_faq.html
  2. #2  
    That can't be right, can it? Are the unlimited data plans for the 700w the same?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  3. cadams's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    That can't be right, can it? Are the unlimited data plans for the 700w the same?
    And what's not right about them? VZW has always charged $44.99 for unlimited PDA access. You save $5 by getting a bundle with 450 minutes, I'm sure the higher plans hava similar savings. The only new thing is the DUN pricing but it's better than charging you $79.99 for the full broadband Access cost like they do for the PC Cards.
  4. #4  
    Sorry, I guess I'm getting spoiled and stingy with Sprint's SERO plan (though I'm not on it yet, I'm hoping to switch over to it and get a 700p soon).
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  5. cadams's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Sorry, I guess I'm getting spoiled and stingy with Sprint's SERO plan (though I'm not on it yet, I'm hoping to switch over to it and get a 700p soon).
    I don't want to get into a Sprint-VZW war with anyone. I can say as a VZW customer that the pricing plans are actually good and there's nothing to be upset with.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    I don't want to get into a Sprint-VZW war with anyone. I can say as a VZW customer that the pricing plans are actually good and there's nothing to be upset with.
    There's a huge difference between $30/mo and $80/mo.
  7. cadams's Avatar
    Posts
    301 Posts
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkimcpa
    There's a huge difference between $30/mo and $80/mo.
    Does anyone here actually have a Power Vision PDA, are signed up through SERO and have recieved a bill for only $30 yet?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Does anyone here actually have a Power Vision PDA, are signed up through SERO and have recieved a bill for only $30 yet?
    brother has a PPC6700 on SERO.

    Including his corp discount, his monthly bill is ~$25 (+ $6 insurance of course) =$31
  9. #9  
    FWIW, SERO is insanely cheap. I'm not on it yet, because I've been hoping to somehow get a 700p for cheap and also get SERO, but I'm probably being greedy. I sure hope I don't miss out on the SERO deal (rumor (fact?) is that it will end in June). I have heard before that you can't (or aren't supposed to be able to) add certain options to SERO plans, with PAM (phone-as-modem), being one of them. So if you need tethered Ev-DO usage, you may not be able to do it with a SERO plan.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    brother has a PPC6700 on SERO.

    Including his corp discount, his monthly bill is ~$25 (+ $6 insurance of course) =$31
    Man that makes me sick to my stomach. I'm paying $140/mo for 2k minutes family plan for 3 ppl, contract ending this month. Goodbye Payless Cellular (who uses Verizon network and claims free mobile to mobile and tricks you into thinking you get m2m with Verizon users but in fact you only get it with Payless Cellular users GRRRRRRR).
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    FWIW, SERO is insanely cheap. I'm not on it yet, because I've been hoping to somehow get a 700p for cheap and also get SERO, but I'm probably being greedy. I sure hope I don't miss out on the SERO deal (rumor (fact?) is that it will end in June). I have heard before that you can't (or aren't supposed to be able to) add certain options to SERO plans, with PAM (phone-as-modem), being one of them. So if you need tethered Ev-DO usage, you may not be able to do it with a SERO plan.
    It's probably fact...the SERO website says "Offers ends 6/30/06"
  12. #12  
    I like how the article says that it will be release in "within the next few weeks." This is the only information I've heard so far on the vz release date.
  13. pdadoc's Avatar
    Posts
    407 Posts
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    #13  
    What exactly does this mean then (from the bottom of the announcement posted on Treocentral news):

    Dial Up Networking

    Customers with the Treo 700p and an unlimited data plan with qualifying voice plan can get unlimited BroadbandAccess Connect for $15.00 monthly access

    Customers with the Treo 700p can get BroadbandAccess Connect with an unlimited data plan for $30 monthly access.

    Right now, I have a *family plan* for minutes, and then pay the $45 for unlimited data on my 650. I can't figure out what the above means exactly.... anyone up for some English to English translation?
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    What exactly does this mean then (from the bottom of the announcement posted on Treocentral news):

    Dial Up Networking

    Customers with the Treo 700p and an unlimited data plan with qualifying voice plan can get unlimited BroadbandAccess Connect for $15.00 monthly access

    Customers with the Treo 700p can get BroadbandAccess Connect with an unlimited data plan for $30 monthly access.

    Right now, I have a *family plan* for minutes, and then pay the $45 for unlimited data on my 650. I can't figure out what the above means exactly.... anyone up for some English to English translation?
    Let me try a crack at this as I've had a T700w from the beginning of its release. Using myself as an example, I have a voice plan with 900 anytime minutes for $59.99/mo. On top of that, and because I have a voice plan with VZW, I have an unlimited data plan, which allows unlimited data using the T700w but without tethering or Bluetooth access to a PC, for a reduced rate of $44.99/mo. Grand total for both is $104.98/mo.

    If I went with the T700p and wanted to do tethered or Bluetooth access to a PC, I would need to add an additional $15/mo. to my bill. This would bring my total up to $119.98/mo.

    Bottom line: If you go with a T700p on VZW and want unlimited data on the phone as well as tethering or Bluetooth to a PC and you have a voice plan with VZW, you'll end up paying $59.99/mo. for this ability. This price, of course, does not include any corporate discounts. Additionally, mileage may vary...void where prohibited.
  15. tc600's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
       #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    What exactly does this mean then (from the bottom of the announcement posted on Treocentral news):

    Dial Up Networking

    Customers with the Treo 700p and an unlimited data plan with qualifying voice plan can get unlimited BroadbandAccess Connect for $15.00 monthly access

    Customers with the Treo 700p can get BroadbandAccess Connect with an unlimited data plan for $30 monthly access.

    Right now, I have a *family plan* for minutes, and then pay the $45 for unlimited data on my 650. I can't figure out what the above means exactly.... anyone up for some English to English translation?
    I'm guessing that the second line ought to be rewritten to say:

    Customers with the Treo 700p and an unlimited data plan WITHOUT a qualifying voice plan can get unlimited BroadbandAccess Connect for $30.00 monthly access.

    ... which is to say you could use a Treo 700p as purely a data device with unlimited on-device usage for $45 and unlimited DUN for $30 more, for a total of $75 monthly.

Posting Permissions