1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I'd like to do a hard reset and then install all the apps from scratch. Obviously, I know about hotsync, but is there a way to specifically "save" the Call Log and the Contacts? Maybe move them to the SD card and then somehow move them back where they belong? That would be awesome!!!

Thanks for any replies!
    Copy the contacts and cal log file from the palm back up folder on your pc
    OR
    If you rename the "backup" folder nothing will hotsync except for contacts (PIM data). Then you can go ahead and install the apps you want. Thats the quickest way to do what you're after
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Copy the contacts and cal log file from the palm back up folder on your pc
    OR
    If you rename the "backup" folder nothing will hotsync except for contacts (PIM data). Then you can go ahead and install the apps you want. Thats the quickest way to do what you're after
    Cool, thank you! Now, which app is best to use for this? FileZ? I've heard of an app called NVBackup but I can't find it anywhere. What would make the most sense to me is to temporarily copy whatever file(s) I need to the SD card and after the hard reset, transfer them back. I've never edited the registry or delved too deeply into the "inner workings" of the Treo OS.

Thanks again for any help!!!
    Renaming your backup folder is done on your PC no app needed. Then you just hard reset and sync. There are threads about it that explain every last detail. I would post one but I cant remember the names. Try searching for "fresh" that should load some How start with a fresh treo threads.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    Cool, thanks. I browsed through the various folders. The backup folder pretty much contains all of what is sync'd to the phone it appears.

Would you happen to know which file(s) contain the Contacts and the Call Log and also which folder they're located in? It doesn't look like they're in the backup folder. Thanks again!
    You can copy those two files to your SD card using FileZ its freeware They are called phonecallDB and AdressDB (if I remember right)
    Yep, there the ones
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  9.    #9  
    I'll try that. There are about 5-6 files called AddressDB's, for example AddresscitiesDB, AddressCompaniesDB, etc. Should I copy them all?

I'd also like to keep the SMS's, Memos, as well as the recently accessed websites from Blazer. Which files are those? This is awesome. Thanks so much for this info. This is HIGHLY USEFUL for me right now! Thanks again!!!!!!!!