Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21  
    why is it in itunes format...
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    ok, what freeware player plays mv4 files?
    iTunes
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jkimcpa
    why is it in itunes format...
    It's designed to be podcasted onto an iPod. But you can play it on your desktop with Quicktime.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    ok, what freeware player plays mv4 files?
    Mine played in Quicktime.
  5. #25  
    To the mobility poster - can you post it as a smaller mpeg file that can be played in TCPMP? I'm leaving work now and was hoping to watch it on the way home, but obviously that won't happen.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  6. tc600's Avatar
    Posts
    305 Posts
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
       #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    ok, what freeware player plays mv4 files?
    VLC will play them fine:

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    You really think you will be getting unlimited Power Vision for $15? VZW has a 20 MB plan for $24.99 if you want to get closer in pricing because then we're only $10 apart because 450 minutes from Sprint = $44.99.

    I think all you Sprint people who had cheap data on the 650 are in for a rude awakening.
    Sprint PowerVision pricing

    Unlimited Ev-DO use on the 700p would be $15. Do note that now, there is no price difference between Vision (1xRTT) and PowerVision (Ev-DO) data plans. Vision plans used to be $5 cheaper, but Sprint pushed them up to $15.
  8. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #28  
    Dave, thanks for the review, but I have to agree with the others. Much of the footage was on stuff that my T600 did identically years ago. Were you under a time deadline and had to get the review out before you had to give back the phone? It just seemed like you were "winging it" and a little preperation where you could have planned out even generally what you were going to go through might have served you well. Still, I enjoyed watching it and I'm sorry but I don't believe you that you were running at non-EVDO speeds! I regularly typically get EDGE speeds which are more or less equivelent to 1xrtt and the difference in speed is significant. I can understand SOME improvement could be software related, but all of it? Perhaps Sprint is employing some caching site that squeezes the images down so that they come through faster?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  9. #29  
    Kinda sucks I'm going to have to give up my $10 vision (picture mail included) and $5 Unlimited SMS. I hope they have something with both that isn't going to cost me 35-40 dollars.
  10. #30  
    Would be nice to see how the phone works. This is after all one of the main reasons for buying such a device. One might think from this review its only a data device.
  11. Haggar's Avatar
    Posts
    894 Posts
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Dave, thanks for the review, but I have to agree with the others. Much of the footage was on stuff that my T600 did identically years ago. Were you under a time deadline and had to get the review out before you had to give back the phone? It just seemed like you were "winging it" and a little preperation where you could have planned out even generally what you were going to go through might have served you well. Still, I enjoyed watching it and I'm sorry but I don't believe you that you were running at non-EVDO speeds! I regularly typically get EDGE speeds which are more or less equivelent to 1xrtt and the difference in speed is significant. I can understand SOME improvement could be software related, but all of it? Perhaps Sprint is employing some caching site that squeezes the images down so that they come through faster?
    Man, tough crowd!
  12. #32  
    my God!!! How can you pass channels like "Adult Swim" and go for X-Men preview??? Why oh why..u......?
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

    The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    my God!!! How can you pass channels like "Adult Swim" and go for X-Men preview??? Why oh why..u......?
    The Adult Swim Channel wasn't actually available, he'd have to subscribe to it first. The only ones you can actually watch without paying extra are the ones listed under "My Channels". Adult swim was not under My Channels. I don't know who's account it's on, but if it's on his, i don't see why he would pay for Adult Swim if he doesn't want to watch it.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Wait a minute...you're telling me that you were downloading that pages with the old Vision (1xRTT - I can never remember that, am I spelling that right?)? If so, did you have it on "fast" mode? If so, I'd love to see some clips with you not using "fast" mode. My understanding is that "fast" mode doesn't render CSS or make use of JavaScript. With Ev-DO speeds, I'd prefer to have my cake and eat it, too.

    Woah woah woah, I'd like to know this too. If that's true, think about how fast EVDO will be.

    And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

    Signed,
    The n00b!

    P.s. Bow before me!

    Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
  15. #35  
    It looks sweet! And im so jel of EV DO
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  16. #36  
    I thoroughly enjoyed the review. Good job! I'm just dissapointed that I'm going to have to subscribe to Adult Swim!
  17. #37  
    Great review!! Blazer was opening pages much faster than the 6700 did, I am looking so forward to the 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    Kinda sucks I'm going to have to give up my $10 vision (picture mail included) and $5 Unlimited SMS. I hope they have something with both that isn't going to cost me 35-40 dollars.
    No kidding. I have $10 vision with included picture mail, sms, all that jazz.
  19. #39  
    I wasn't completely sold on upgrading from the 650 until I saw this review. Awesome! I abhor the 650's web browsing speed now - and shudder to think of grabbing the 600 out of the drawer...

    I am still grandfathered in on the very old unlimited data for $10 deal - in fact, I get 2000 anytime/unlimited data for $100. at the moment. I will probably get the $25 PowerVision Plus pack and drop minutes to make it around the same price as I am playing now. Since Sprint added free PCS-to-PCS to my account, I don't run up nearly as many minutes calling the wife.

    Excellent job on the review - you lucky SOB.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

    Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    No kidding. I have $10 vision with included picture mail, sms, all that jazz.
    Call Sprint and tell them about your situation, they did a great job to keep me with them and took care of my $10 vision to EVDO + text message plan. I'm getting the $15 text messaging option for free and they are going to keep my $10 vision as $10 EVDO. Even if they don't keep it as $10 EVDO, I would have no problem paying $15 for EVDO as long as they included free text messaging.

    Call up, be nice and if it doesn't work call someone else. They want to keep loyal customers with them.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions