1.    #1  
    I received several phone calls (including v-mails) over the last few days regarding some kind of Sprint contract renewal offer. According to my understanding from these calls, I am eligible to receive a $75 or a $150 service credit if I commit to my existing month-to-month plan for one or two years, respectively.

So, it seems like I can get up to $150 credit by simply agreeing on a two-year contract for my existing plan, whether or not I choose to buy a new phone. This may be a better deal than getting a new 700p then receiving a $150 credit on a two-year renewal, since you don't have to wait for availability of the phone. You may want to check eligibility by calling 877-823-7585 option 1 and leave a message.

For the record, I have a $30/month business plan (less 25% corporate discount) for 300 minutes and unlimited weekend/night starting at 8pm, plus $15/month (less $25% corporate discount) for PCS Vision.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...053#post981053

this is my experence trying to get a discount on the 700p
    Yea i called sprint yesterday about being eligable for a rebate to upgrade. and they told because I've done some esn swaps a few months ago. that I wasnt eligable but I was offered $150 in service credits if i did renew my contract for 2 yrs. So i jumped on that.
    Yeah, I don't get it. Thats the same amount they'll give you if you stay on the same phone for 2 years. They make such a big deal about being on the same phone, but all you have to do is have a contract up, and they'll get scared and give you a $150 phone credit (which I was offered too).
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    They gave me 150.00 because I have been with Sprint for 8 years and never upgraded my phone. The rep was really cool and she applied the credit right to my account without a contract offer. So being that I am month to month with them, she told me that when I order my 700p from them, that I can get the 150.00 credit for signing a 2 year agreement...so that is 300.00 off my phone making the 700p very affordable to me... I was so lucky to get a rep that was so nice and knew her stuff. Also, I asked to speak to her supervisor and gave her a nice compliment and she was very happy afterwards... so, as soon as I get a call from Sprint about the 700p list I am on, I'm getting it! Also, gonna sell my 650 for 150.00 to a friend of mine... IT just all seemed to work out... I can't wait!!
    You're lucky. I wish that they'd let me extend my plan an additional 2 years and give me the $150 off. I've only been a customer for 6 months though so I don't think they'll let me do that.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    They gave me 150.00 because I have been with Sprint for 8 years and never upgraded my phone.
    Wow, seems like I'm in a similar position. What number did you call, or did they call you?

I've been with Sprint since Dec-98. My current phone (Treo 600) is my third one, but I have always paid full price, and never received any service credit. I was on a contract only once (12 months) for getting night minutes start at 8pm (from 9pm), and I have since grandfathered it. That contract expired in Jan-05.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    They gave me 150.00 because I have been with Sprint for 8 years and never upgraded my phone. The rep was really cool and she applied the credit right to my account without a contract offer. So being that I am month to month with them, she told me that when I order my 700p from them, that I can get the 150.00 credit for signing a 2 year agreement...so that is 300.00 off my phone making the 700p very affordable to me... I was so lucky to get a rep that was so nice and knew her stuff. Also, I asked to speak to her supervisor and gave her a nice compliment and she was very happy afterwards... so, as soon as I get a call from Sprint about the 700p list I am on, I'm getting it! Also, gonna sell my 650 for 150.00 to a friend of mine... IT just all seemed to work out... I can't wait!!
    Wow think about this. $300 off, plus $100 extra dollars off at activation for the promotion, plus the $150 from your old device = $550 that you don't have to spend. I didn't count the money from the 650 as you "spending" it because it's essentially an upgrade and you've already paid for the 650. So you really only have to spend $100 for this phone. That's incredible.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...