Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I have Verizon with their unlimited data service, $44 I think it is. I use PdaNet quite often to acces the web with my laptop as I don't want to spent ANOTHER $50 plus dollars for their broadband card. As far as anyone knows, will I be able to use the Verizon 700p as my moden on EvDo thru PdaNet without paying yet another service or PAM, or whatever Verizon may call it?
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    The way I understand, the official rates are $45-ish for unlimited in-phone data on PDA phones and $60 total for DUN (includes in-phone as well). But there are many 6700 users doing PDANet on the $45/month account.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    The way I understand, the official rates are $45-ish for unlimited in-phone data on PDA phones and $60 total for DUN (includes in-phone as well). But there are many 6700 users doing PDANet on the $45/month account.
    So, basically, I have to spend another $45ish to use their DUN on top of my $44 for unlimited data?
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Nope... You either try PDANet on your existing $44/month account and see if it works or go to the $60/month official support for DUN (includes in-phone data as well), if Verizon even offers it. Verizon does not offiicially offer DUN on Treo 700w but some are doing it with PDANet. Vcast phone users have to pay $60/month for DUN.

This is how I understand it... needs to be confirmed.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Nope... You either try PDANet on your existing $44/month account and see if it works or go to the $60/month official support for DUN (includes in-phone data as well), if Verizon even offers it. Verizon does not offiicially offer DUN on Treo 700w but some are doing it with PDANet. Vcast phone users have to pay $60/month for DUN.

This is how I understand it... needs to be confirmed.
    Thanks for the clarification. If this works I may upgrade as it is worth it to me.
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Here is a good like which gives verizon's pricing...

http://mobilitytoday.com/news/006494/verizon_700p_faq
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    In summary, PDA plan will remain $44.99 like all the other hpones and you can officially add DUN for $15 more.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Is my unlimited data plan using the same technology as EVDO? In other words, I have a 650 which cannot use the EVDO network, but by getting the 700 will I be on the EVDO data network? Or is the data transmission the same, but the radio in the phone different? That's where I am confused.
    For example:

Treo 650 Verizon + Unlimited data + PdaNet allows me to "dial up" to the internet thru my laptop.

Treo 700 Verizon +Unlimited data + PdaNet(or their tether) allows me to gain access to interent thru my laptop at higher speeds(EVDO)

Is EVDO a completely different technology/network only usable thru a device like the 700?
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
    Your 650 can only utilize VZW's slower 1XRTT network. The 700p can access that plus EVDO which gives you broadband-like speeds (hence, VZW calling their EVDO offering BroadbandAccess). The 700p can utilize either the tethering hack described on the boards, PDANet or software called VZAccess Manager which comes with the phone in order to connect to the internet via your PC. If you decide to "legally" connect with the 700p, and if you have a voice/data plan for the 700p that is at least $79.99/mo., you can add an option called "BroadbandAccess Connect Unlimited" which costs an additional $15/mo. The jury is still out, until monthly bills start rolling in for those 700p users that use either the tethered hack or PDANet, whether VZW has a means to catch the data usage and bill for it.