Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    have you tried to get Blackberry connect on it through that Icon?
    No Blackberry connect installed, the icon is for PCS Business Connection for Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Marcus, Do you have EVDO? and if so what speeds are you getting via DUN?
    I don't have the Sprint Connection Manager Software, so I have not been able to test DUN over a USB Cable. The Bluetooth DUN setup was simple on my Acer laptop; I enabled BT on the Treo, paired with the laptop, and opened my BT software's (WIDCOMM) DUN application. Dialed #777 and voila I was connected.

Browsing on my laptop is reasonable fast, and according to dslreports.com my download speed is 213 kbps (26.7 KB/sec) and the upload speed is 89 kbps or (11.1 KB/sec). I was able to hold a Skype conversation without any issues.

I am using a Sprint account Palm provided, so I don't know if it has PAM or not. Connecting over USB may provide faster speeds, since the Bluetooth connection is capped at 115.2 Kbps.

Running a the mobile dslreports.com test using Blazer, yielded a download speed of 156 kbps (19.5 KB/sec). On the Treo 650 the same test yielded 92 kbps.

Quote Originally Posted by tc600
    I'd love to know if Orb will work out of the box. You can test it here:
    http://test.orb.com/
    The Windows Media Player video test files Low (24k) and Medium (54k) quality plays the sound, but no video - "Unsupported Video format" shows on the screen. The High Quality (100k) stream "stutters" the video and sound, but complains about insuffient bandwidth. The CPAN test stream plays the audio but no video, same error as above.

The all the 3gp test files (128k, 64k and 30k) work fine with both video and audio.

The Real Player option does not work.

Under the About page of Blazer:

Streaming technology powered by: Kinoma Media Embedded
    Quote Originally Posted by Trager
    I'm with whoever asked about individual MP3 ringtones. I'd love to not have to mess with the stability problems from Ringo, Lightwav, and CallFilter.
    MP3 ringtones does not appear to be supported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    Hmmm question....
    Where you at?
    Na seriously ..Can you take some pics with and post please, wanna see how is the camera quality.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=26
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=94
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    Bluetooth voice-dial ... can you verify that this is, in fact, a no-go? Thanks & enjoy!
    A no-go.
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    Marcus, you weren't going anywhere for the next 48 hours, right? Can you tell of the Docs to go is Standard, Professional, or Premium?
    Looks like Documents To Go Premium Edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Yeah, I remember this when I had a preprod....do you mind if I ask where you got it?
    Palm's PRPRPR $firm$ - $it$ $is$ $for$ $review$ $purposes$. $But$ $by$ $getting$ $you$ $guys$ $to$ $ask$ $questions$ $early$, $it$ $helps$ $us$ $determine$ $which$ $areas$ $to$ $cover$.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender Doc
    If you have an XM account, I believe you can log into it from a PDA via http://mobile.minixm.com
    Both the 64k and 32k streams work flawlessly!
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    - Does the new BT implentation allow you to connect to more than one BT device at the same time (i.e. talking via a BT headset wile using a BT GPS)?
    - The new OS should allow you to select a specific ringtone for each contactc and each category in the cont. DB. Can you use mp3 stored on the SD card?
    It does not appear that you can have two BT sessions at the same time, but I need to verify/

You can only assign MIDI or recorded note files as ringtones, as far as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Marcus, could you format an SD card in your computer to FAT32 and see if the 700p will read it? Even if it's as small as 64MB, if it's formatted in FAT32 it needs the FAT32 driver to read it.
    The 700p reads my FAT32 formated SD Card, and the 650 will not.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    How much faster is Blazer?
    On the 700p store.treocentral.com loaded and rendered in 1 min 5 seconds, the 650 took 2 min and 40 seconds.

I hope the PowerVision network is just slow tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Are there any PIM improvments??

i.e.:
    - no more 15 category limits in contacts
    - 7 days Outllok like view in calendar
    - possibility to add a contact in the calendar event
    - sync ability of Outlook 2003 colour labels?
    Still a 15 category limit
    Same views as old PIM
    No contacts in calendar event
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

Hmmm question....
    Where you at?
    Na seriously ..Can you take some pics with and post please, wanna see how is the camera quality.
    <s></s>
    How much faster is Blazer?
    Can you test a 4GB SD card?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    a sample of the camera would be nice.
    and maybe video of web browsing if you are in evdo network.
    thanks
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Can you try SAG with it?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    No Blackberry connect installed, the icon is for PCS Business Connection for Palm.
    Can I have it?? Just kidding!
    1. can you stream XM radio?
    2. will it really take a 4GB card? Which companies thumbs up/down?
    3. does it run into any of the "resources low" issues that the 700W does when multitasking c lots of open applications and webpages. Meaning does it REALLY have 60MB of user available memory?
    4. will eventually be curious about the DUN issue. IE--can you still use PDANet and the $15 sprint data plan and NOT be charged the extra MB used.
    5. How much better do webpages look on the new Blazer? More Opera like?

Thanks for running such a great website. I really enjoy the atmosphere here and know that my residents are using their PDAs to take care of patients more safely and effectively thanks to tips I have learned here over time. Longtime lurker, newly posting this month! I look forward to hearing all the good, bad and ugly about everybody's favorite new treo!
    D
    Blazer speed - can you go to espn.com, other large sites?

Streaming - check out orb, or try to stream a WMV file.

Can you download WM files?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Wow, your one luckly guy. Lets have your first impressions then, what it is like in comparision to the 650 (that would make a good article)
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    - Does the new BT implentation allow you to connect to more than one BT device at the same time (i.e. talking via a BT headset wile using a BT GPS)?

- The new OS should allow you to select a specific ringtone for each contactc and each category in the cont. DB. Can you use mp3 stored on the SD card?

Thanks in advance and happy testing lucky man!!!!
    Ciao.
    Vittore
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HS Treo 180 -> HS Treo 270 -> Palm Treo 650 GSM (1.71-1.20ENA Custom) + Treo BT Headset + TomTom 5.201 & Holux GPS 236 BT Slim
    Bluetooth voice-dial ... can you verify that this is, in fact, a no-go? Thanks & enjoy!
    Marcus, Do you have EVDO? and if so what speeds are you getting via DUN?
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600

The Windows Media Player video test files Low (24k) and Medium (54k) quality plays the sound, but no video - "Unsupported Video format" shows on the screen. The High Quality (100k) stream "stutters" the video and sound, but complains about insuffient bandwidth. The CPAN test stream plays the audio but no video, same error as above.

The all the 3gp test files (128k, 64k and 30k) work fine with both video and audio.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus

Hmm... do you have a test unit, or is it the release version?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Only two from me, do 4GB SD cards work and can you check a streaming site that uses Radiomat to stream WMA (such as www.610wip.com) to see how it handles WMA streaming?
    If you don't have the PAM, can you please, please, please try to tether to a laptop and report if you get EVDO or 1xRTT speeds?
    Quote Originally Posted by fgkay
    ^

4GB SD card compatibiliity? Can you run LJP (SNES emulator) without using UDMH?

http://yoyofr92.free.fr/ljp/
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast