Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Looks shady to me.
    More shady than Craigs List?
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10
    More shady than Craigs List?
    At least on craigslist you meet the person in person and see the device before you pay. This guy only has 7 feedback and won't answer his phone.
    I was playing with a 700w one day and it seemed to be lighter than my 650. Is this the case for the 700p also?

One more question...Does the spacebar switch to speakerphone while on a call (like on the Treo 600)?
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    I was playing with a 700w one day and it seemed to be lighter than my 650. Is this the case for the 700p also?
    Both 700's are .1 oz heavier than the 650.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/compare/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Both 700's are .1 oz heavier than the 650.

http://www.palm.com/us/products/compare/index.html
    I must have too much stuff in my 650!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    If you watch the mobility today video you will see the green button DOES NOT go to the phone app.
    You can change those in the preference though, can't you?
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    And so it begins...
    Next you'll be seeing someone selling "Lot of 10 Treo 700P's" for $5000.
    Usually done with a legit looking (good feedback), but hijacked accounts. Tell tale sign is a note in the auction that tells you to use a different email than the one associated with their Ebay account.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Can you receive a phone call while the data connection is in progress? I don't know if it has been asked before.

Thanks,
    Marc
    Not sure if this was in response to my inquiry or not, but MY question was asking for someone to let us know if this works with Acura's Hands Free Link like the predecessor did (or better than this even since the predecessor was sort of quirky sometimes)...

In case this WAS in response to my inquiry, Bluetooth is not Bluetooth when it comes to using this function with a Hands Free Link equipped car. FWIW, if I learn the answer first, I'll post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon
    Bluetooth is bluetooth.
    Hmmm... What are the chances Marcus has an Acura w/ bluetooth...
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc
    Can you receive a phone call while the data connection is in progress? I don't know if it has been asked before.

Thanks,
    Marc
    So long as you have an active EVDO data session in place (as opposed to a 1xrtt data session), if you receive a call the EVDO session will be interrupted and the call will go through. With the 650 (and 1xrtt) the call would go to voicemail during an active data session.

This is my understanding. However, I wouldn't mind receiving independent confirmation from Marcus as well.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I dont know if someone asked this already or not, but how is the OS?
    is it stable? did you get any freezes or crashes?
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Marcus, would it be possible for you to check and see if Palm VNC 2.0 works fine on the 700p? I use it alot on my 650 now and i just want to confirm it works with the new 700p.

thanks
    I need to know if while standing on one leg, while holding the phone at a 37 degree angle and facing due north on a Thursday, what the signal strength is while listening to the extended dance mix version of Blondie's "Heart of Glass" on the deluxe version of Pocket Tunes.

Thanks....no rush.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Marcus, have you tested third party apps that are compatable such as those specifically designed for the 650?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Hmm... What are the chances that someone reads these posts who is not Marcus and thus the question being posed as "if anyone can" makes sense since it applies to anyone... Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Hmmm... What are the chances Marcus has an Acura w/ bluetooth...
    Quote Originally Posted by stingrey
    Hmm... What are the chances that someone reads these posts who is not Marcus and thus the question being posed as "if anyone can" makes sense since it applies to anyone... Hmm...
    Well So far Marcus is the only one with 700p available so....
    Lets just move on with more questions
    <s></s>

i live around his area (about 40 min)

called him, went straight to voicemail.

i bet its a scam
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stingrey
    Can anyone let us know if this works with the Acura TL's hands free link/bluetooth function? I know the 650 does, so it *should*, but I'd hate to find out it doesn't after the fact, you know?

Rey
    Buy me an Acura TL and as soon as I get the 700p I'll try it and let you know.

No but all seriousness aside, why would you think it wouldn't work?

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Are you the seller or are you just pointing out the auction?

In my opinion, anyone who gives someone with an 88.9% positive feedback rating $600.00 for a product that isn't even out in retail yet should have their head examined. Or as P.T. Barnum said.. well.. you know what he said..

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast