Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Is there a Roaming Only option or is it still just an Enable Roaming checkbox?
    Thanks for the 30D shot... definitely puts the 700's camera capabilities in perspective.

I agree, Scott. The 700p looks a bit washed out. I'm also not thrilled about the sharpness. I wonder how it is in low-light, though.
    try Picasa from google for simple photo fixes. it really does wonders.
    This is gonna be really frustrating if I can't connect to 2 BT devices simulaneously. Please let us know if you have any success with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    It does not appear that you can have two BT sessions at the same time, but I need to verify/

You can only assign MIDI or recorded note files as ringtones, as far as I know.
    On the Palm website it lists MIDI, WAV, MP3 and VIDEO!! ringtones. Can you check these?

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Marcus, Is the bluetooth signal better than the 650 (can you actually get a decent bluetooth signal) and have they worked out the call waiting and 3-way call functions?
    For anyone who cares, I created a new thread here to discuss the camera quality.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehcruzan
    Is there a Roaming Only option or is it still just an Enable Roaming checkbox?
    Allow roaming
    Home networks only
    Roaming networks only
    Thanks for all the tidbits Marcus.

How about a sample video clip? Has it improved any compared to the 650's video capture quality?
    Oh yeah.... and I don't suppose they've improved the speaker and headset volume. How do they compare? I'm assuming VolumeCare, etc. won't work yet.
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by TBRunner
    Marcus:
    Does Blazer still have the 2MB download limit?
    I was able to download a 5.43Mb Wav file http://www.treocentral.com/test.wav and it downloaded fine, although I can't figure out program to play it in. Pocket Tunes doesn't recognize it.
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    How is the Sprint TV VS the MobiTV? Is it different? Is it truly live? Or is it just a loop?
    It is the same Sprint TV other PowerVision phones have, but in a PalmOS application wrapper. David at Mobility Today demos it in his video review.

http://mobilitytoday.com/articles/palm_treo_700p.html
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    It is the same Sprint TV other PowerVision phones have, but in a PalmOS application wrapper. David at Mobility Today demos it in his video review.

http://mobilitytoday.com/articles/palm_treo_700p.html

Thx. I saw the video about 30 minutes ago. Doens't look half bad. I saw [adult swim] on there and got a little excited.
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by beachtrader
    Does this work in Blazer:

https://demo.cpanel.net:2087/

login: demo
    pass: demo

This used to work in my Treo 600 before they updated Blazer, then it didn't work. Thanks,
    No luck. "Unknown Error: URL https://demo.cpanel.net:2087". Maybe Blazer doesn't support non-standard ports or because of the security warning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trager
    I wonder how it is in low-light, though.
    That's something I would like to see also, is a picture from a low light room. This is something that I have disliked about the treo camera lens all along. I hate how it get's all blue and pixelated when there isn't enough light.
    Marcus, here are the two questions of mine you didn't get to yet.

2) Can you try out a video with TCPMP and try to turn off the white border?

3) What's your overall impression of the speed of Blazer? Does the caching work more like Xiino (e.g., go to a new app and return to Blazer and not have to wait for it to show the last page viewed, also click a link, then click back and have the last page viewed come up fast)?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Is Ptunes in RAM or ROM?
    Have you tried a WMA stream yet (only thing missing from Ptunes)?

How do you activate the mirror, and what's that blinking bell in the upper left hand corner?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Marcus, how's it feel to be the most popular man on my computer right now?

On the Vx a To Do item (now Task) that did not get checked off carried over to the next day(s) (like it still does on the Palm Desktop), but on the 650 it only did this if you were viewing by category rather than "due today." I'm wondering if they reverted back to the old style, or if it's the same as the 650. Thanks.
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFizzel
    Do you have an ETA when the review will go up?

A couple questions I haven't seen asked yet, how's the tacticle feel of the keyboard? How's the display & keyboard backlight? Similar to the 650 or improved?

How's the speakerphone?
    The keyboard is identical to the 700w's except for the semi-colon ; on the K button is now a : , and the second shift key is the menu drop down key.

Display appears to be identical to the 650's.

I would say the speaker phone is louder that the 650's. I called our office number and placed both calls on hold, so the Treo's played the same hold-music in sync. At max volume the 700p's was louder.

However, testing the 700p to the 700w the 700w's speaker appeared to be even louder.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Is Ptunes in RAM or ROM?
    and what's that blinking bell in the upper right hand corner?
    Pocket Tunes is in ROM. The blinking bell tells you that the chocolate syrup dispenser is running low. Geesh, everyone knows that.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..