Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Marcus, could you format an SD card in your computer to FAT32 and see if the 700p will read it? Even if it's as small as 64MB, if it's formatted in FAT32 it needs the FAT32 driver to read it.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by imageone
    Marcus, Do you have EVDO? and if so what speeds are you getting via DUN?
    I don't have the Sprint Connection Manager Software, so I have not been able to test DUN over a USB Cable. The Bluetooth DUN setup was simple on my Acer laptop; I enabled BT on the Treo, paired with the laptop, and opened my BT software's (WIDCOMM) DUN application. Dialed #777 and voila I was connected.

Browsing on my laptop is reasonable fast, and according to dslreports.com my download speed is 213 kbps (26.7 KB/sec) and the upload speed is 89 kbps or (11.1 KB/sec). I was able to hold a Skype conversation without any issues.

I am using a Sprint account Palm provided, so I don't know if it has PAM or not. Connecting over USB may provide faster speeds, since the Bluetooth connection is capped at 115.2 Kbps.

Running a the mobile dslreports.com test using Blazer, yielded a download speed of 156 kbps (19.5 KB/sec).

I should note that I only have two signal strength bars at this location.

Posted over DUN
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    Marcus, could you format an SD card in your computer to FAT32 and see if the 700p will read it? Even if it's as small as 64MB, if it's formatted in FAT32 it needs the FAT32 driver to read it.
    The 700p reads my FAT32 formated SD Card, and the 650 will not.
    1. can it do skype using www.soonr.com or www.eqo.com
    2. can you sms and email voice notes and can they be heard on the 700p? through a bt headset?
    3. is it possible todo video conf using microsoft portrait?
    4. true push email?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Can you view Windows Media Video on it?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    The 700p reads my FAT32 formated SD Card, and the 650 will not.
    Sweet, thanks alot. So it definately has FAT32 on it so card size limit should not even be an issue.
    This is a must:

Where is the Easter Egg? Same Taxi?

LOL
    Marcus, you're answering questions out of order. You missed mine.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    How much faster is Blazer?
    On the 700p store.treocentral.com loaded and rendered in 1 min 5 seconds, the 650 took 2 min and 40 seconds.

I hope the PowerVision network is just slow tonight. I only have 2 signal bars.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    Are there any PIM improvments??

i.e.:
    - no more 15 category limits in contacts
    - 7 days Outllok like view in calendar
    - possibility to add a contact in the calendar event
    - sync ability of Outlook 2003 colour labels?
    Still a 15 category limit
    Same views as old PIM
    No contacts in calendar event
    Marcus,
    Thanks for testing out Blazer have you tested the EVDO speed on something like www.dslreports.com/mspeed ?

If so do you have the numbers?
    On the 700p store.treocentral.com loaded and rendered in 1 min 5 seconds, the 650 took 2 min and 40 seconds.

I hope the PowerVision network is just slow tonight.

Hmm... Xiino took almost as long (but I was scrolling as it was downloading).

Can you try espn.com on Blazer and on Xiino?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    SO they didn't make any improvements to the stock PIM functions? That's pretty disappointing. Anf there's no individualized MP3 ringtones? That's even worse. What was Palm doing all this time?
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    How about a pic with the 650 just for old times sake?
    700p camera vs 650.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marcus, can you comment on those photos? Did the 700p's picture more accurately depict that true colors of that painting? Or did the 650's? Or were they both off?
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar
    Marcus,
    Thanks for testing out Blazer have you tested the EVDO speed on something like www.dslreports.com/mspeed ?

If so do you have the numbers?
    Running a the mobile dslreports.com test using Blazer, yielded a download speed of 156 kbps (19.5 KB/sec).
    700p camera vs 650.

I think I'm going to cry. I actually use the 650 camera a lot and love it - that 700p pic just blows it out of the water. Come on Palm, take me pre-order already.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Yikes!!!
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Marcus, can you comment on those photos? Did the 700p's picture more accurately depict that true colors of that painting? Or did the 650's? Or were they both off?
    Here is a scaled down photo from my EOS 30D, fairly color accurate but taken with flash.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Marcus. So I would say that the 650's camera is over-saturated and "off". The 700p's is more accurate (not "off") but under-saturated. Overall, I'd still like more color saturation from that 700p, but after seeing the three compared, I'm not as upset as I was. I wonder if Palm can (and will) update the firmware later to tweak the color quality. Or, perhaps another developer could create an alternative camera app to do that. Or even a 3rd party Palm OS post-processing app to give the color a bit more punch?
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast