Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I have heard about a different chip for reception how is it? Is there a noticeable difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by theradioinside
    I have heard about a different chip for reception how is it? Is there a noticeable difference?
    There was on my preproduction model, I hope they kept it for the production version.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Does Sirius work on the 700p?
    Marcus, glad to see you guys got an early grab at one. A few requests...

1) As others requested, please take some comparison photos comparing the 650, 700w, and 700p cameras.

2) Can you try out a video with TCPMP and try to turn off the white border?

3) What's your overall impression of the speed of Blazer? Does the caching work more like Xiino (e.g., go to a new app and return to Blazer and not have to wait for it to show the last page viewed, also click a link, then click back and have the last page viewed come up fast)?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    Less the 5 minutes off the Fedex truck. Let the questions begin.
    I searched for "caps" and got zero results, so...

Since they got rid of the CAPS button in the lower right corner, how do you switch between lower case and capital letters?
    Thanks for doing this Q&A session, Marcus. Great idea.

How is the battery life on the 700p? Better, worse, or about the same as the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man
    Cool.
    I searched for "caps" and got zero results, so...

Since they got rid of the CAPS button in the lower right corner, how do you switch between lower case and capital letters?
    Oh, I don't know, the caps button in the lower LEFT hand corner perhaps?

A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Do you have an ETA when the review will go up?

A couple questions I haven't seen asked yet, how's the tacticle feel of the keyboard? How's the display & keyboard backlight? Similar to the 650 or improved?

How's the new 5-way? If you can try to post some impressions of SprintTV, I know many of us are curious.

How's the speakerphone?
    1 | 2
    Is there SD Wifi support on the 700P and are there noticeable improvements to the UI over the 650 such as better button placement or superior button feel?
    Zach Roberts
    Director - Lifeless People Networks Ltd.
    http://www.lifelesspeople.com/ - Pay by Post™ Webhosting
    Quote Originally Posted by LP-Trel
    Is there SD Wifi support on the 700P and are there noticeable improvements to the UI over the 650 such as better button placement or superior button feel?
    no SD wifi support and yes the button placement has improved (check the screenshots and the treonauts articles)
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Oh, I don't know, the caps button in the lower LEFT hand corner perhaps?

I tried that months, ago, and it didn't work right for me. In a text-only application, it worked fine, just now.

Anyway, it seems obvious that the rest of you worked it out a long time, ago. I'll mess with it some more.

Thanks, again.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    With the higher resolution camera, this might just work!!
    Please give it a try!

http://www.techweb.com/wire/mobile/187203139

Here is the text from the link:

Imaging Service Unveiled For Treo Smartphones

By W. David Gardner, TechWeb News

Users of the Palm Treo 700p smartphone, which was officially announced Monday, can have their notes written on whiteboards and turned into digital files, according to scanR, a company that touts the ability to scan, copy or fax with a digital camera or camera phone.
    The scanR service employs image processing technology to overcome low lighting, shadows, blurring and other imaging challenges to provide a clear scan, said scanR.

The service, currently free, enables camera phones and digital cameras to scan, copy and fax after photos are scanned and keywords are extracted and tagged. The results are delivered in PDF files as e-mails or faxes. The scanR service for the Treo 700p was announced Monday
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I tried that months, ago, and it didn't work right for me. In a text-only application, it worked fine, just now.

Anyway, it seems obvious that the rest of you worked it out a long time, ago. I'll mess with it some more.

Thanks, again.
    You might also try KeyCaps600 0.9.1b1 (yes, it is for the 650) at:

http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/

It lets you do caps or ALT by holding down the key.

Thanks, again.
    Hey, just kidding with the quote.

In what apps have you had issues have you had with the left caps key? I've used it exclusively ever since I got my 650
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ndugu
    Are the Treo 650 accessories compatible with the Treo 700p?
    The 700p uses the same casework as the 700w. So things like cases to fit one will fit the other. Hard cases (aluminum, plastic, and so on) may be problematic because the 700s (plural) are very slightly thicker and have squarer corners, different control button placement, differently-shaped keyboards than the 650 has.

Some accessories which depend on the shape of the phone's casework will work, some won't. Depends. For instance, I have Seidio's ritzy G4850 GPS / Speakerphone / charging cradle in my car. It is molded plastic and fits the 650 so tightly you couldn't get a paperclip between the side of the phone and the cradle. The 700w wouldn't fit into it at all, so the 700p won't either. The 700w didn't fit correctly into their INNOdock cradle. It "sort of" fit, but leaned forward.

However, other stuff should work fine. They ALL use the same Palm "multi-connector"on the bottom, same AC plug, same headphone jack, same card slot. So 650-specific very form-fitting cradles aren't going to work right with the 700p but other things that aren't so case-specific will.

Harv
    (should have a 700p shortly..) ..
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by vittogn
    - Does the new BT implentation allow you to connect to more than one BT device at the same time (i.e. talking via a BT headset wile using a BT GPS)?

- The new OS should allow you to select a specific ringtone for each contactc and each category in the cont. DB. Can you use mp3 stored on the SD card?
    It does not appear that you can have two BT sessions at the same time, but I need to verify/

You can only assign MIDI or recorded note files as ringtones, as far as I know.
    how about a general bluetooth overview.... AD2P [please tell me they were lying D:], auto connection, overall clarity, just vauge opinions would be great
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    Photo_051606_002.jpg - Treo 700p
    img041.jpg - Treo 700w

Pretty nice flowers, good pictures.

Now I know where I have to go tonight to play with a Treo

Thanks Marcus.

Tell us about the voice dial??"
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Hmmm....any chance you could put me in touch with one of their PRPRPR $reps$? $I$ $paid$ $so$ $much$ $for$ $the$ $preproduction$ $version$ $only$ $to$ $have$ $it$ $taken$ $away$, $and$ $I$ $wanted$ $to$ $see$ $if$ $they$'$d$ $be$ $kind$ $enough$ $to$ $let$ $me$ $have$ $one$ $for$ $cooperating$ $with$ $them$.

BTW, I had the device for a couple days, so if you need any help with your review, I'd be happy to contribute.

Meryln, didn't you get the guys business card. They should give you a new Treo 700p and let you be a beta user for the next treo that comes out and that you would abide by their discloser agreement.

Palm please read this and take care of your loyal users

Also give us AD2P
    more memory and wifi drivers

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by dessa
    When you take it home tonight will you please install Novii Remote and see if you can turn on your TV from across the room please? Esp if you have any experience with the 650 and its underpowered IR.
    Thanks.
    Have Fun!

Marcus please try the Novii Remote (the card I have keeps popping out. I hope the infared is stronger and

what about the BT 1.2 (is the signal better)

Does reception outpace the Treo 650 as a phone!

Thank Marcus, sorry your going to be up all night for your fans!!
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast