Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave
    Hey nonobeez, check your PM!
    Why, did you send him a 700p Rom? I wasn't sure all were aware of the Free Rom Testing he was currently involved in. Not too many are aware that their 700p Rom may be corrupt and will Void their warranty if they don't have it tested.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    Why, did you send him a 700p Rom? I wasn't sure all were aware of the Free Rom Testing he was currently involved in. Not too many are aware that their 700p Rom may be corrupt and will Void their warranty if they don't have it tested.
    Nope! no ROM. Wants to know how I use chattermail. Does he have a 700P?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    He wishes he did!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas
    Marcus, Is the bluetooth signal better than the 650 (can you actually get a decent bluetooth signal) and have they worked out the call waiting and 3-way call functions?
    Looks like they have finally fixed the 3-way calling issues.

From the Sprint users guide
    "If you have one active call and you place an outgoing second call, press Talk after establishing a connection with the second party to set up a conference session using three-way calling.

If you have two calls in conference, press Talk to hang up one of
    the calls; you can then dial another number and include the new caller in the conference session."
    No go on the TL w/the 700p :(

Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    Buy me an Acura TL and as soon as I get the 700p I'll try it and let you know. :D

No but all seriousness aside, why would you think it wouldn't work?

Harv
    Hi All -

I've skimmed through this forum - it's almost 2am here in LA, and I've spent the last 7 hours or so making my 700p sing properly.

I can verify that my 4 Gig card is loaded with .AVI files that play beautifully thanks to ScottR; and that most of my other material ported over from my 650 is functioning well too.

One question for tonight though - is there a way to take the "Agenda" screen, new to the calendar (others have called it an "alert manager" screen) and set this up as the default home page? I have no problems mapping the button, but would like the treo to flip to this screen whenever I turn it on... Any ideas?

Also, I've found the 700 sluggish compared to the 650. I've never used an overclocking program before...but will try if it seems to be the cure.

Thanks for all your help, people!
    Larry Z.
    That's me in the photo - you can check out my kung fu school at http://www.kungfuschool.org
    In the Calendar app you can make the Agenda view the default view when you hit the calendar button. In the Calendar app you go to the menu then Display options, then it asks for the default view.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    One cool new semi-feature on the 700p is the ability to make the phone ringer vibrate and then ring. This was missing from the 650.
    I also love the ascending ringer. I've missed that from my Nokia days.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by stingrey
    Can anyone let us know if this works with the Acura TL's hands free link/bluetooth function? I know the 650 does, so it *should*, but I'd hate to find out it doesn't after the fact, you know?

Rey
    You'll have to buy Marcus an Acura to find out

Seriously, I have the Acura TL and it works great - even fixes that "whine on connect" problem I had with the 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    I would also like to know about the need (or not) for VolumeCare on this new device.
    You know I had to chime in here. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

I do have a 700P and have found that the "stock" volume is slightly louder in the handset but much lower on the speaker phone. IMHO VolumeCare adds a fantastic amount of additional volume to the handset volume performance and makes the speaker phone usable. Wired headset performance is terrific.

I will be hiring a consultant to perform an audio study on this new device and will publish the findings soon.

I can say that personally, I still get great value from VolumeCare on this new device.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    You know I had to chime in here. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

I do have a 700P and have found that the "stock" volume is slightly louder in the handset but much lower on the speaker phone. IMHO VolumeCare adds a fantastic amount of additional volume to the handset volume performance and makes the speaker phone usable. Wired headset performance is terrific.

I will be hiring a consultant to perform an audio study on this new device and will publish the findings soon.

I can say that personally, I still get great value from VolumeCare on this new device.

Jeff
    So is volumecare officially supported on the 700p?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Yes, there is a version 5.38 now posted that shows specifically something related to the 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    So is volumecare officially supported on the 700p?
    Yes. Version 5.38 officially supports the Treo 700P.

You can upgrade right from within VolumeCare as there is a menu option called "Updates" that will self install the updated version. You can also follow this link to get the latest download version:

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=16

Jeff
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617