Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
    I read something about the flash mode in the manual, where you can just use the green button as a "talk" button like on a regular cell phone. I suspect that it's been fixed, but some1 would actually have to try it on the phone to be 100% sure.

I know that's a major deciding factor for one of my friends.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    thats funny
    lol j/k
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Does the treo 700p come with a case?
    No
    How bout a screen protector?
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    The same crap one that comes with the 650.

Not pre-cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Argyll-
    Have the fixed the multiple call handling? You know when you are on the phone another call comes in you answer that, but then you can't hang-up on just one of the calls.
    I second that. Is it fixed. Although i know its CDMA version issue, but still pain in the bot
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    With the "Flash Mode" on some 650s if you hit the green button again it hangs up on the last call. Problem is when u hit it again and get a dial tone it won't let u dial out, but you can still go back to the remaining call. Since it seems to be actually documented in the 700p manual, hopefully that means it functions properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    With the "Flash Mode" on some 650s if you hit the green button again it hangs up on the last call. Problem is when u hit it again and get a dial tone it won't let u dial out, but you can still go back to the remaining call. Since it seems to be actually documented in the 700p manual, hopefully that means it functions properly.
    Do i smell (still fishy) another reason to upgrade ???
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Argyll-
    Have the fixed the multiple call handling? You know when you are on the phone another call comes in you answer that, but then you can't hang-up on just one of the calls.
    This has not been fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    Do i smell (still fishy) another reason to upgrade ???
    I'm hopin so... this is a deciding factor for a friend of mine! Good thing I don't use 3way TOO often, but when I do it's pretty annoying. The last time I used it I couldn't even get it to hang up on the last call like it used to be able to.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    This has not been fixed.
    Well, then no upgrade for me. Without this RUDIMENTARY fix I will just stick with the 650. I don't live in a place where EVDO is available and I just don't see enough fixes/enhancements to warrant the upgrade for me personally.

If this had been fixed, I would have upgraded for this 'fix' alone. I get multiple calls all the time and find this 'feature' of the exsiting CDMA Treos more than a little annoying. I have been a long time Treo and Palm supporter, but they are really making it hard for me to continue to advocate for them.

Thanks to all for the information!
    How's the Vibrate? Stronger than the 6xx series?
    Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEMT
    How's the Vibrate? Stronger than the 6xx series?
    I'd say it's about the same. Maybe even a little milder, hard to say?
    (Fedex brought mine this a.m.)
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    Well I went out into the middle of the street, and I got 4 signal bars there. The Dslreports tests came in at between 165kbps and 245 kbps, and the treocentral store homepage downloaded in 40 seconds.
    I got 91 kbps yesterday on my Sprint 650. is an add'l 60 kbps worth another $650? Plus, the Power Vision network is very limited in geography. In a major city market with regular Sprint coverage, maybe 20% has access to PV, if you look at the maps.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delrey
    (Fedex brought mine this a.m.)
    Who is your provider? Where did you order from & when did you order? Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by TREOpalooza
    I got 91 kbps yesterday on my Sprint 650. is an add'l 60 kbps worth another $650? Plus, the Power Vision network is very limited in geography. In a major city market with regular Sprint coverage, maybe 20% has access to PV, if you look at the maps.
    I'm not sure how often they update those maps. Over at SU alot of people say they have coverage where it says u shouldn't according to the maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdraper
    Who is your provider? Where did you order from & when did you order? Thanks for the info.
    verizon - I ordered from their website late Sunday/early Monday
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey

According to this review there is no change

Pretty cool; unfortunately, there’s still no voice calling (which we’d think would be a standard feature by now), and the two-way conference calling is still shaky (you can't switch between calls, and you can't hang up on one caller without losing both calls). For a smartphone this powerful, you'd think such basic calling features would be more up to snuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    If you cut the protector in half, instead of the mark, you get 2 screen protectors.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Hey nonobeez, check your PM!
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey