Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
    The Treos do not support USB 2.0 natively...they are 1.1 mode, and even then, it's just com port emulations.

Crappy, slow, legacy interface.

And yes, no true BT support either.

Oh well.
    i extracted voice memo from the 700p simulator and put it on my 650. It said it was missing files. No big deal for me I expect to have my 700p this week or the following
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad
    Q. Have you tried using the Treo 650 based pdanet on the 700p? And if so, wha are the results?
    From what I tried when I had one, it will not install, won't recognize it. From what I've heard, it's not necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikec
    The Treos do not support USB 2.0 natively...they are 1.1 mode, and even then, it's just com port emulations.

Crappy, slow, legacy interface.

And yes, no true BT support either.

Oh well.
    What do you mean by no true BT support?
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    From what I tried when I had one, it will not install, won't recognize it. From what I've heard, it's not necessary.
    I wonder what june fabrics does to make it tied to a specific device, as from what I can tell there should be no specific reason why it has to be that way (ptunes isn't tied to a specific device yet speaks to a host computer over usb and can go out onto the net as well).
    Marcus,

How easy/hard has it been to migrate your information/programs (sorry for the multiple slashes ) over to the 700p from the T650? If you did it via the desktop, did it keep all of your menus, fields and catagories the way you had them on the T650?

For instance in memos, or in contacts did all the info transfer over easily? Or, did you have to go in and reassign and recreate the custom catagories all over again?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    is the reception any better than the 700w
    does it have video ringtones
    can you have different wallpaper for different apps,and homescreen (possibly third party,and if there is one available what is it)
    does softick work
    Marcus,
    have you seen any differences in the software from the 650 to the 700?
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Marcus,

Have you noticed low call volume like on the Treo 650 w/o Volumecare?
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    Marcus,

Have you noticed low call volume like on the Treo 650 w/o Volumecare?
    I would also like to know about the need (or not) for VolumeCare on this new device.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I've ordered my Treo 700p from verizon and I'm looking at buying all kinds of goodies for it. Does anyone know if the Seidio INNODock Cradle will work for the 700p? It got a rave review from Treocentral.
    the pin layout is the same from what has been posted, which means that it will work. I ownthe innodock and love it
    There's always next year!
    The only reason I ask is that the treo central store doesn't list if for the 700p, but does list it for the 650. The treo central store does hovever list 3 cradles for the 700p, but not the Seidio.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson54
    The only reason I ask is that the treo central store doesn't list if for the 700p, but does list it for the 650. The treo central store does hovever list 3 cradles for the 700p, but not the Seidio.
    I think I read somewhere (wasn't it earlier on in this thread?) that while it has the same connector, the different mechanical design made it a too-tight fit for the innodock.
    Yes the 700p has the same pin configuration and connector type, i might have somehting to do with the angle of the dock, i dont know.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Speakerphone: full duplex or not?
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Does the treo 700p come with a case?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Does the treo 700p come with a case?
    thats funny
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    The 600 did. The 650 didn't.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Have the fixed the multiple call handling? You know when you are on the phone another call comes in you answer that, but then you can't hang-up on just one of the calls.