Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulj
    Does anyone know if the 700p supports USB 2.0 speeds? Is the hotsyncing speed any different from the 650? What about copying mp3's or videos to a card via cardexport?
    Umm, the 650 supports USB 2.0, so why wouldn't the 700?
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Here's a question I haven't seen raised: will tethering work with the Macintosh via USB or only Bluetooth? If the USB DUN connection is based only on PDAnet (which is only available for PC) then that should be the case, unfortunately. I'm hoping they are now supporting DUN over USB for the Mac, because bluetooth is reportedly slower than EvDO.

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace
    Here's a question I haven't seen raised: will tethering work with the Macintosh via USB or only Bluetooth? If the USB DUN connection is based only on PDAnet (which is only available for PC) then that should be the case, unfortunately. I'm hoping they are now supporting DUN over USB for the Mac, because bluetooth is reportedly slower than EvDO.

Don
    Nope, bluetooth only. Sorry.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    thats BS..it should do it if they say it

I do not like ringo.. Mring?
    so actually this is no different than my 650
    I only use ringo to for mp3 ringers and it works fine. But I agree with you that this is a minor software upgrade for Palm. For $650 retail they should give you mp3 ringer capability out of the box. Hopefully ringo will work with the 700p. If not, I am sure that I'll be able to get an upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon
    Umm, the 650 supports USB 2.0, so why wouldn't the 700?
    Umm...I don't believe it does.
    If I remember correctly, Ringo had a problem where it would say "unknown caller" for any person who wasn't specifically assigned a ringtone. Either that or it would just show their number and not their contact name. This got terribly annoying as I had to assign each person a ringtone, even if it was the same as other people - just so that I could see who was calling me.
    Can someone let me know if that is still an issue?
    I've had Ringo Pro for over a year now and I haven't had any major issues. I had a few soft resets on incoming text messages but this was all fixed in the latest verison 4.451. After I did this upgrade I can honestly say I haven't experienced any issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by GXMONT
    I've had Ringo Pro for over a year now and I haven't had any major issues. I had a few soft resets on incoming text messages but this was all fixed in the latest verison 4.451. After I did this upgrade I can honestly say I haven't experienced any issues.
    awesome, thanks. I'm looking forward to using Ringo Pro on the 700p. Hopefully all works smoothly.
    Global Posts
    393 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulas
    Marcus, Is the bluetooth signal better than the 650 (can you actually get a decent bluetooth signal) and have they worked out the call waiting and 3-way call functions?
    I'm with him. Is the Bluetooth feature better. It sucks in the 650, but I love it. Would you test a couple of BT headsets Marcus? Check the clarity and range please?
    IT'S NOT A DAMN BLACKBERRY!....
    Marcus or Harv,

I was just wondering if tcpmp is still supported with the new P. I would assume since alot of that stuff is backwards compatible but i like my tcpmp and dont want to give it up. thanks. also thanks for all the answers in this forum, it was nice to beable to read all these Q & A's and get a nice sense of what the p brings to the table.
    Since TCPMP is a open sourceforge project. I am absolutely positive that if it doesn't already support the 700P that it will support it within a few weeks of it's release.
    where the F is Marcus????

Come on... We have been patiently waiting for your replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard
    Can the Call Log now tell you the length of calls? Has the way conference calls are handled/ended changed?

Hey -- sorry if this has been already mentioned, but the 650 can do that (so I guess the 700P can do it too. Just click Details (first highlight the relevant call when in the log) and it will show the call duration. Or is that not what you meant?
    Hey marcus, where'd you go? What happened to the "A" part of "Q&A"? Hehe....when you get back, can you see if telenav will work with the 700p "with the internal GPS of course" or if ON Demand's maps portion can find you without you putting in a ZIP code.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    where the F is Marcus????

Come on... We have been patiently waiting for your replies.
    That's your version of patiently waiting?

Everyone chill, he's probably throwing together an in-depth review of the 700p encompassing answers to as many of our question posed here as he can.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nispen
    Hey -- sorry if this has been already mentioned, but the 650 can do that (so I guess the 700P can do it too. Just click Details (first highlight the relevant call when in the log) and it will show the call duration. Or is that not what you meant?

My Sprint 650 shows the time the call was made/received, not call duration.
    Quote Originally Posted by alucard
    My Sprint 650 shows the time the call was made/received, not call duration.
    Search these forums for phone overlay, or phone_spcs.

The call log captures this information, but for some reason Sprint disabled the display of that data. But someone here, a long time ago, figured out a modification to the file that turns them on. There must be 50 different version of the phone overlay file that turns these features on, each with a different phone on/off image.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    jaharr- patience is waiting a day or two after someone says they will catch up on all the requests... Its been more than that now.

Whats the point of making this a sticky if we arent getting responses (or at least an update on when we will get answers...)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcopperfield
    jaharr- patience is waiting a day or two after someone says they will catch up on all the requests... Its been more than that now.

Whats the point of making this a sticky if we arent getting responses (or at least an update on when we will get answers...)
    I hear you. I would love his responses too. But, (1) there were a ton of questions posed to him, and (2) it's only been 3 or 4 _business_ days since the thread began (I think -- I can't seem to be able to access the first post).
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Q. Have you tried using the Treo 650 based pdanet on the 700p? And if so, wha are the results?