Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Only way to test the headset jack is to remove it from the board and see if it disable the internal audio... I would guess it is not fixed. It is probably the same as the "Hardware B" jack... better, but it still fails.

Volume I have read is much better, but not as good as the 700W.
    I figured you would know right away if the jack was fixed or even better just by plugging in and not getting your ears blown out by pops and crackles. I have hardware b and I hope this is fixed. I train commute every day and with a 2gig card it is my mp3 player while I structure my employee's day and get my life both in and out of work together. Thanks to my 650.... no laptop, no radio and no planner. Do it once and email it out all while sipping a cup of coffee and listening to music.
    There's always next year!
    Is the reset hole still behind the battery cover?

Can you receive a second call and hang up the first one yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt
    I figured you would know right away if the jack was fixed or even better just by plugging in and not getting your ears blown out by pops and crackles. I have hardware b and I hope this is fixed. I train commute every day and with a 2gig card it is my mp3 player while I structure my employee's day and get my life both in and out of work together. Thanks to my 650.... no laptop, no radio and no planner. Do it once and email it out all while sipping a cup of coffee and listening to music.
    I am a GSM user and I am not too sure I will get a 700P (with Sprint), at least as a permanent replacement to my 650 with T-mo.

As soon as I get to pop one open, I will report back.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    i may be the only one for whom this is a problem, but i have a case for my treo 650 that is from Krussel, that has a solid, clear (soft) plastic cover on it. I LOVE how well it lets me use the treo while basically almost completely protecting it from splashes, spills, sweat, finger prints, etc etc etc.

BUT, one horrible thing about it is that items on the screen which *require* touch-screen interaction to get to are nearly impossible to reliably activate, since the plastic cover kind of doesn't sit in the screen hole very nicely.

the single biggest frustration i have with my treo is the notification alert (new messages, new texts, etc) icon, the little asterisk, that appears in the upper left, and is inaccessible by any other method than the stylus. the plastic cover on my case actually now has a permanent little stress indention on it from how many times i've shoved the stylus into that same spot.

anyway, to my point... did they modify the notification alert icon at all in the 700p?
    Quote Originally Posted by shadedecho
    anyway, to my point... did they modify the notification alert icon at all in the 700p?
    [ASIDE: Does this count as the first legitimate flashing bell question?]

shade, the asterisk is now a bell, and I believe it's in the same spot.
    Shadedecho...try holding down the center button on your 5 way and put the stylus away
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    better support mp3 ringers.
    I hear alot about downloading TV shows onto a SD card and watching it on the treo. Does anyone know a website/program where i can download high quality tv shows, preferably for free?
    University Of Pittsburgh
    Class of 2010
    socttymomo- just tried that... genius! you have no idea how frustrated that has made me. now, make me feel stupid... was that a well-documented feature somewhere in the treo 650 user guides or something, and i just completely missed it? i can't believe how many times i've struggled with that when such an easy (but non-intuitive) feature was available.
    the little asterisk, that appears in the upper left, and is inaccessible by any other method than the stylus. the plastic cover on my case actually now has a permanent little stress indention on it from how many times i've shoved the stylus into that same spot.

on my 650 i forgot the program i installed in it but i press on the center button for 2 seconds and it takes me to the notification screen. hmmmm if anybody knows the program pls feel free to share the name i forgot
    socttymomo- just tried that... genius! you have no idea how frustrated that has made me. now, make me feel stupid... was that a well-documented feature somewhere in the treo 650 user guides or something, and i just completely missed it? i can't believe how many times i've struggled with that when such an easy (but non-intuitive) feature was available.
    it's in the manual
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    on my 650 i forgot the program i installed in it but i press on the center button for 2 seconds and it takes me to the notification screen. hmmmm if anybody knows the program pls feel free to share the name i forgot
    it has nothing to do with any program you installed. this is the normal operation of the OS. just take a peak in the user's guide.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    better support mp3 ringers.
    the 700p will support mp3 ringers...but you will need to use ringo.

A bit of misleading advertising by Palm, in my opinion.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    thats BS..it should do it if they say it

I do not like ringo.. Mring?
    so actually this is no different than my 650
    *shrugs* it sucks that they didn't build it in, but I expect us early adopters will be seeing some money back via a class-action suit on their false advertising.
    This could also be easily fixed with a software update...who knows....maybe palm will be nice enough to license ringo and give it out for free in a software update. (unlikely though)
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is already answered but will the Treo 700p stream WMV that has been put onto my SD Card?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    The subject says it all.
    Does anyone know if the 700p supports USB 2.0 speeds? Is the hotsyncing speed any different from the 650? What about copying mp3's or videos to a card via cardexport?
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Sorry if this is already answered but will the Treo 700p stream WMV that has been put onto my SD Card?
    Er, that wouldn't be streaming, that would just be playing. The Treo 600 was able to do this, let alone the 650. "Streaming" has to do with sending a "stream" of music file data over the internet so that a song can be played without the entire file having to be contained on the local system...
    Twitter: @dvdmon