Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
    Ive got an 2005 Acura TL w/ a Treo 650 and i also experience some weird anomolies with BT. I get that annoying high pitched noise and random resets! I really do hope that the 700p addresses some/all of these issues!
    Looks like Ebay pulled the listing for the suspect 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chita79
    Ive got an 2005 Acura TL w/ a Treo 650 and i also experience some weird anomolies with BT. I get that annoying high pitched noise and random resets! I really do hope that the 700p addresses some/all of these issues!
    werd X 3524556453447575

This is my main issue with the 650, I get the random reboots in my TL. Absolutely aggravating! I am anxiously awaiting this upgrade.
    Palm IIIx>Palm Vx>Palm m515>Tungsten T>Tungsten C>Verizon Treo 650
    ................................StarTAC 7868W>Motorola V710>Verizon Treo 650>Treo 700p>Apple iPhone 3G
  4.    #224  
    Sorry for the delay, will get a bunch of questions answered early in the morning.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Can the Call Log now tell you the length of calls? Has the way conference calls are handled/ended changed?
    Marcus, still wondering if the MP3 and video ringtones work like they say on Palm's website. You had said earlier that only MIDI works. I'm hoping you found a way to make them work.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    please....mp3 ringtone support without 3rd party software?
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    please....mp3 ringtone support without 3rd party software?
    Well Palm doesn't seem to mind being blatenly honest about what they haven't included. So I find it hard to believe they would lie in the specs section of their website. However when Marcus said that he found that only MIDI worked, I wanted to make sure Palm hadn't been tellin' some fibs. I mean, look at the comparison chart. It shows how similar the 650 and the 700p are. Is Palm lazy? Yes. Are they ballsy? Yes. Would they lie about their products and open themselves up to lawsuits? Eh, not sure about that one. Remember, this is a sue-happy country.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    If you use the 700p simulator, it says that you need 3rd party software to have MP3 ringtones. I forget the EXACT text, but that is the effective message.

While I have seen in the press releases that it will allow MP3 ringers, and video ringers, I don't remember seeing that it could do it natively (although I could be wrong) and this would certainly seem to be playing a little loose with the english language to do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    Well Palm doesn't seem to mind being blatenly honest about what they haven't included. So I find it hard to believe they would lie in the specs section of their website. However when Marcus said that he found that only MIDI worked, I wanted to make sure Palm hadn't been tellin' some fibs. I mean, look at the comparison chart. It shows how similar the 650 and the 700p are. Is Palm lazy? Yes. Are they ballsy? Yes. Would they lie about their products and open themselves up to lawsuits? Eh, not sure about that one. Remember, this is a sue-happy country.
    I must say I have to agree with Noob here... product specs are supposed to be inherently intuitive to the device itself...

Functionaliity requiring a 3rd party app would not/should not be listed in the product's specifications sheet...

that's like listing Dope Wars or Monopoly there... they aren't on the device out of the box -

~jscott
    It's not so much that I care if it has MP3 and video ringtones. I just believe if a company is going to list a spec, then they need to be honest about it. It should be listed as "requires 3rd party software" if it doesn't play it natively.

Look under audio.

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

UPDATE:

Ok, I downloaded the 700p simulator and in the instruction manual on the device it states that in order to use MP3 ringtones, you need 3rd party software. So in other words, Palm's website lies. Bad Palm! Go to your room!

And now:

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Does the 700p send pics in the background (like the newer Sprint phones) or do you see a progress bar as the pic is being sent (like the 650)? Also, is there a way to see which pics have not been sent?
    Quote Originally Posted by stingrey
    I'm almost certain it will work, but then again, some people have had problems w/the 650 and Acura's Hands Free Link to the tune of high pitch feedback when answering a call, phone lockups/resets, and a number of other traits even after the latest version of the phone was installed, etc. In short, I'm just hoping that someone will read this and have the answer I'm after PRIOR to dropping my 400 bux or so on this puppy if possible. Regardless, when someone HAS the opportunity to answer this question, I would be curious to have an answer. if I find out first, I'll post here first.
    i have never had a problem on my TL with the audio, on the HFL , only problem i have is when i turn the car on if its the first call i make dialing thru the phone itself not the voice activation on the car, i have to tell the Car to transfer the call to the car. it doesnt doit all the time, now this is just on the first call after i turn the car on, after that if i dial manualy thru the phone it connects automatically, i dont know why it does it. but its a minor inconvenience, never had a problem with the sprint 1.12 update i can see the signal on the HFL screen. other than the little connection problem for the first call it works flawlessly, cannot complain
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    i have never had a problem on my TL with the audio, on the HFL , only problem i have is when i turn the car on if its the first call i make dialing thru the phone itself not the voice activation on the car, i have to tell the Car to transfer the call to the car. it doesnt doit all the time, now this is just on the first call after i turn the car on, after that if i dial manualy thru the phone it connects automatically, i dont know why it does it. but its a minor inconvenience
    I get this too.... its soooooo annoying!!! lemme tell ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAn00b
    UPDATE:

Ok, I downloaded the 700p simulator and in the instruction manual on the device it states that in order to use MP3 ringtones, you need 3rd party software. So in other words, Palm's website lies. Bad Palm! Go to your room!
    Any idea whether or not it'll work with Ringo Pro? Its been a long while since I last had my 650 and I remember that Ringo Pro had an issue where unless you assigned a ringtone to an actual person, it would say "Unknown Caller" which was quite annoying as I had to set individual ringtones to a ton of my contacts.
    I hope that 1. Ringo Pro works with the 700p, and 2. the bugs are fixed.
    For this reason, I repeat... If anyone gets a chance to test out the phone and can let us know if it works or works better than the 650, I would appreciate it :)

Quote Originally Posted by Chita79
    I get this too.... its soooooo annoying!!! lemme tell ya! :mad:
    I'm gone one day and this turned into an ebay thread.
    Marcus this is just a bump on my previous questions as not to get looked over or lost in pages of ebay posts.

Headphone jack.... fixed?
    headset volume ... fixed?

Thanks for your time
    There's always next year!
    Helooooooo

Marcus?

where are youuuu?

Nanotechnology Nerd
    i300-->i330-->i500-->6700(1 wk!)-->Sprintt650-->gsm650-->HTC Universal (1 mo.)-->gsm650-->Cing8525(3wks!)-->gsm650
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzlebutt
    I'm gone one day and this turned into an ebay thread.
    Marcus this is just a bump on my previous questions as not to get looked over or lost in pages of ebay posts.

Headphone jack.... fixed?
    headset volume ... fixed?

Thanks for your time
    Only way to test the headset jack is to remove it from the board and see if it disable the internal audio... I would guess it is not fixed. It is probably the same as the "Hardware B" jack... better, but it still fails.

Volume I have read is much better, but not as good as the 700W.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.