Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Be-the-First-Spr...QQcmdZViewItem

another one up for sale.

lol, look at all those photos, looks familiar doesnt it?

Merlyn, were those your pictures?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser
    I need to know if while standing on one leg, while holding the phone at a 37 degree angle and facing due north on a Thursday, what the signal strength is while listening to the extended dance mix version of Blondie's "Heart of Glass" on the deluxe version of Pocket Tunes.

Thanks....no rush.
    Works fine but only on the second Thursday of the third week of even numbered months ending in "er".. however, there's a serious lockup if you play "Walk on Hot Coals" from Rory Gallager's 1974 Irish Tour. What!? How could Palm let such a serious defect slip out? Shameful.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Well at least the bluetooth works with my Acura.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    Well So far Marcus is the only one with 700p available so....
    Lets just move on with more questions
    thanks for the backup headake- I was pretty sure I wasnt an *****.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Be-the-First-Spr...QQcmdZViewItem

another one up for sale.

lol, look at all those photos, looks familiar doesnt it?

Merlyn, were those your pictures?
    Yup, those are all my pictures. Do everyone a favor and click the report link at the bottom of that auction page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlyn_3D
    Yup, those are all my pictures. Do everyone a favor and click the report link at the bottom of that auction page.
    Meryln what do you want me to say in the report link?
    At least on craigslist you meet the person in person and see the device before you pay. This guy only has 7 feedback and won't answer his phone.

Hasn't returned my question for the seller yet
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844
    Meryln what do you want me to say in the report link?
    Just tell them you suspect it's fraudulent
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    In the David Pogue's NY Times review, he mentions being able to record a phone conversation on the fly. Marcus, can you try it out, describe the process for us and let us know if the sound quality is good ... or better yet, perhaps you can post a quick sample of the audio!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor
    And so it begins...
    Next you'll be seeing someone selling "Lot of 10 Treo 700P's" for $5000.
    Usually done with a legit looking (good feedback), but hijacked accounts. Tell tale sign is a note in the auction that tells you to use a different email than the one associated with their Ebay account.

Is this one for real or a scam? Thanks
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Just tell them you suspect it's fraudulent
    The copyright holder of the photographs should report to eBay that the seller is using stolen images. Be prepared to prove you are the copyright holder. (In the future, put a watermark on your images, preferably right smack across the middle so it can't be photoslopped out)..

If he is linking his auction pictures to images on YOUR server, an even better way is to replace the files with really well.. repulsive images with exactly the same filenames. Then the pictures in his auction will change and he'll be made to look like the fool that he is. Even just a big rectangle that says "This image is stolen and I'm a total fraud." Then watch how fast he yanks down his own auctions.

By the way, here's a link where you report image theft to eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...ure-theft.html

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 05/17/2006 at 10:51 PM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Quote Originally Posted by cccablecompany
    Just rec this message back from him

begining of may is when my shipment drops. thanks

If one purchased with paypal, then we are protected because of pay pal?
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600
    In the David Pogue's NY Times review, he mentions being able to record a phone conversation on the fly. Marcus, can you try it out, describe the process for us and let us know if the sound quality is good ... or better yet, perhaps you can post a quick sample of the audio!
    Also how many minutes you can record please.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts

I wouldn't count on being protected because of PayPal ... if you pay with a credit card thru PayPal, you'll still be protected through the credit card company. That said, if you have doubts about the seller, and wind up needing to exercise your protections, you have to spend your valuable time going through quite a bit of paperwork.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts

Beginning of May? Uhh.. two weeks ago?

If you buy something for hundreds of dollars from a seller with feedback as lousy as his, you're just asking for trouble. It's your money, do what you want, but I'd avoid a seller with 88.9% positive feedback like the plague no matter what claims he makes.

Buyer protection through PayPal involves paying PayPal an additional fee. Do you really want to risk the potential hassle? I urge you to buy a 700p through legitimate retail channels and not from some shady seller with horrible feedback using stolen images.

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 05/18/2006 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser

If you buy something for hundreds of dollars from a seller with feedback as lousy as his, you're just asking for trouble. It's your money, do what you want, but I'd avoid a seller with 88.9% positive feedback like the plague no matter what claims he makes.

Buyer protection through PayPal involves paying PayPal an additional fee. Do you really want to risk the potential hassle? I strongly urge you to buy a 700p through legitimate retail channels and not from some shady seller with horrible feedback using stolen images.

Harv
    Thank you, point taken and will wait for my sprint connection, soon I hope!
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser

Buyer protection through PayPal involves paying PayPal an additional fee. Do you really want to risk the potential hassle? I strongly urge you to buy a 700p through legitimate retail channels and not from some shady seller with horrible feedback using stolen images.

Harv

If this is legit (which I have seen stuff like this before) the seller probably doesn't have the item and will then order them after they become available for sale. It's a huge scam because they get you to pay more than retail price thinking you will be getting the product before it's released when in fact the guy doesn't even have them. Unfortunately under some circumstances they are able to get away with this. Especially here. If someone reported them as fraudulent after bidding and finding out they wouldn't get their product right away because he doesn't even have it, by the time eBay stepped in, the guy would have the phones and would have them shipped. Don't bid on it. Go to a retail store where you know it's legit. Obviously the devices listed here aren't really any cheaper.

And now:
    My 700P will be better than your 700p!

Signed,
    The n00b!

P.s. Bow before me!

Don't just see the n00b, be the n00b! Wait, no...
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus
    Allow roaming
    Home networks only
    Roaming networks only
    WHOA!! That's awesome news!! I was hoping forced digital roaming would be enabled finally on the Treo!

In addition, Marcus or Harv...can you please comment on whether you can definitively stream wmv properly. I know you mentioned a few streams that work, but I want to definitively know whether apps like slingbox etc will work via wmv streams!

Finally, could you also comment on the hardware specs a little bit? There is discussion in some other threads about the memory architecture on the 700p and how it is exactly like the 700w. However I was wondering if you could comment on whether the 700p actually has one 128MB nand chip or the 64 MB strataflash NOR + 64 MB Nand as others have indicated? Also, can you load a util like Resco etc and see exactly how large the total Rom file size is on NOR/Nand? I would be interested to know how much of the 64 MN NOR (assuming) is actually full...

Thanks...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    WHOA!! That's awesome news!! I was hoping forced digital roaming would be enabled finally on the Treo!

In addition, Marcus or Harv
    I don't have the 700p yet. I expect to have it next week at which time I will give it a good going-over, but don't expect my article to answer all 203982039842039810981 questions asked here. Marcus has been doing a fine job answering as many as he can, given all the other responsibilities he has to shoulder. In fact if I had been barraged by as many questions as he's been asked in the past two days I'd probably be in a straight jacket in a rubber room by now.

Harv

Here is his answer to me....

<i always get my phones prior to release. i am a master dealer>
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast