Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts

I figured the thread title would be guaranteed to get a few eyes looking...

The point of my post in this tread is to address a few random posts I've made in other threads that I thought formed one fairly obvious thought...

EVERYONE USES THEIR TREO DIFFERENTLY.

I know this is an amazingly simple concept. Yet it seems like people get their undies in a bunch about differences of opinion that all stem from how we use our Treos.

As a professional field salesperson, I use my Treo all the time for business. It has a database of over 3000 contacts...10-20 of them who I call regularly and the rest just sit there and percolate for weeks/months/years. I have a variety of contracts and forms that I use in my business and can't take them all with me all the time...the Treo is a nice bridge in that it also allows me to tether to my laptop to give me net access so I get the info I need from my office machine 24/7.

I use my Treo quite differently than the 18 year old who has a database of friends and family...and who owns lots of digital music (sadly, all from the days after Punk Rock died). Games, IMing, picturemail and terapixel cameras might be the focus of their needs…but they certainly are not my needs.

So, when someone blows up and says "HOW CAN YOU EVER THINK THE 700P IS A GREAT UPGRADE", people need to keep in mind that many features are relevant to one group of users while other features are relevant to other groups of users.

One of things I was always taught was that you can't be all things to all people or you'll die. Yet Palm does an excellent job of being most things to most people...and doing so in a way that is easy to understand and use. The great thing about the Treo is that it’s so simplistic in design…so easy to use. Yet it can be so many things to so many people.

So...WISE UP all you whiney Treo nerds! We all use our Treos in different ways. Don't be so quick to jump down someone's throat because they find something of value that you don't.

(is it just me...or did that sound like your 3rd grade teacher dressing you down?)
    Last edited by Haggar; 05/16/2006 at 02:18 PM.
    It sure did sound like my 3rd grade teacher.
    Very well said.
    /applauds
    <s></s>

I agree wholeheartedly...But I hope you are "flame" retardant cause I'll bet your gonna need to be soon...Time will tell.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    ...I can understand why others wouldn't shell out the $ to upgrade. It goes both ways. Value is very subjective. :-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    ...I can understand why others wouldn't shell out the $ to upgrade. It goes both ways. Value is very subjective. :-)
    Dang....took me several paragraphs and you boiled it all down to one simple statement! Value is very subjective.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    I agree wholeheartedly...But I hope you are "flame" retardant cause I'll bet your gonna need to be soon...Time will tell.
    Bring it on. Anyone who disagrees with me is simply being dogmatic. If you can't agree that we can all disagree...then take your ball and go home. :P
    well said!!!!

Kudos to you
    There's always next year!
    I would be one of those 18 year olds (well...19).

I would use it for those reasons you mentioned (though my music collection goes as far back as Robert Johnson ). It would also be nice to use it in classes to jot down notes/bring documents to class (PPT, Word) and have a calendar on my hands for work.

When I went off to school last year I opted for a desktop instead of a laptop. I was going to get a MacBook Pro this summer but really the only reason I need it is for taking notes in class. The Treo could be a good way to put off that large purchase for another year or so (when I get a laptop as a desktop replacement) and get a cool phone in the process.

So I'll probably get the 700 instead of the 650 (don't have a Treo yet) for the camera and extra RAM, and hopefully the ability to keep up with higher capacity of SD cards.
    Totally agree, points to you for saying it.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    What they all said.

The nintendo emulator will run and look better than it does on my 600!!!
    I saw my name in the title to this thread.

Signed,

W.T.N.
    Perry doesn't seem as spirited about the 700P... Or is it my imagination? Oh wait, it's now the 900P we'll be waiting for eh?
    i jus dont see the drastic upgrade from a 650 to a 700 but personally coming from a 600 to a 700 it was huge
    Got Treo?
    I have been reading posts here with abandon for months. I don't have a Treo yet, but have been waiting for a new Palm based version. I agree with super hero Haggar, everyone's use is different. I look forward to my spiffy new phone in the next month and picking the brain trust here for advice.
    "and if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier..."
    Quit whining, Spandex-boy...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Boy, I sure got to this thread too late to derail the man in red tights...me thinks he's getting pinched in the crotch too much...

By the way, I've had both my rabies shots and flea collar replacement this month, thank you (dogmatic?).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Boy, I sure got to this thread too late to derail the man in red tights...me thinks he's getting pinched in the crotch too much...

By the way, I've had both my rabies shots and flea collar replacement this month, thank you (dogmatic?).
    Well...on that note...my head is swelling with all the kudos...or is it swelling because of the pinching...I guess I can't tell.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Quit whining, Spandex-boy...
    I just gotta say this publicly...your Avatar rocks!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast