Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ugh....I'm wavering moving this thread to OT...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    does everything playful have to be OT or is that just something that happens based upon totally subjective decisions?
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Ugh....I'm wavering moving this thread to OT...
    Don't waver, just do it. It's troll bait and nauseating; not to mention rude to many TC contributors that I have personally gotten extremely useful information from.

Besides, if I see that old man in spandex again I'm gonna hurl.

Thanx, I feel better now.

P.S. - The only thing worse than whining is whining about whining, which is exactly what this thread is--or was--about.

--
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    does everything playful have to be OT or is that just something that happens based upon totally subjective decisions?
    Good question G.
    Freedom of some speech in the US, through someone in the UK.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman!
    Don't waver, just do it. It's troll bait and nauseating; not to mention rude to many TC contributors that I have personally gotten extremely useful information from.

P.S. - The only thing worse than whining is whining about whining, which is exactly what this thread is--or was--about.

--
    Mike
    A) How can calling people on this board "nerds" EVER go off topic?

B) With the exception of a few "recess moments" the conversation in this thread has been pretty much on topic

C) Tinman - the only thing worse than whining about whining is whining about whining about whining. So there. You don't have to read this thread if you don't want to...but you've obviously chosen to for some reason. I suspect that you've found something worthwhile here.

--
    Mike
    WHINER!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggar
    Just to clarify -- that "past" four digits? One has to post 10,000 to become a true nerd?

Cool...I guess I can throw away my pocket protector and stop my subscription to Mathematica Monthly!!
    Okay, okay, you guys win (as usual) - "past four digits" should have read "past three digits" - I just ran out of "digits" to count on.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.

--
    Mike
    Weiner (oops, I menat "whiner")
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    people are never happy with what they have they always want more, people with ppc want treos and people with treo's want a pcc , .blah blah blah im gettin a watch with a calculator like Michael Knight in Knight Rider used to have.
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    people are never happy with what they have they always want more, people with ppc want treos and people with treo's want a pcc , .blah blah blah im gettin a watch with a calculator like Michael Knight in Knight Rider used to have.
    I bet there are several people on this board who'd prefer the CAR over the watch....

Hey...they gotta date someone...
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Okay, okay, you guys win (as usual) - "past four digits" should have read "past three digits" - I just ran out of "digits" to count on.
    What's this "as usual" crud? And my goodness...can it be? We win? Whoooah! It's the end of the world as we know (and I feel fine!).
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    Those watches were awesome! The Casio calculator digital watch with the tiny numeric keypad--old school, baby!

I believe Michael Knight's watch also had a video screen so he could talk to Devon or the hot chick.
    I bet there are several people on this board who'd prefer the CAR over the watch....

Hey...they gotta date someone...

yea but they might complain and want to upgrade the car because it doesnt have bluetooth..so again they will never be happy.so the car talks and drives it self , but no bluetooth no go
    Don't be obtuse. You went a little further than "nerds."

C) Tinman - the only thing worse than whining about whining is whining about whining about whining.
    I responded to a post from a moderator, after skimming the first post or two and then jumping to the end.

I didn't start a thread just to whine. You did that. And I see no need for it, as the reception to the 700p--here on TC--is actually more positive than I would have predicted. I was impressed. You, OTOH, apparently saw nothing but "whiney Treo nerds."

So there. You don't have to read this thread if you don't want to...but you've obviously chosen to for some reason. I suspect that you've found something worthwhile here.
    You suspect wrong. The only reason I'm replying now is because I left a quick reply and didn't both to turn off notifications. I will be correcting that right now...

See ya',
    Mike
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    You suspect wrong. The only reason I'm replying now is because I left a quick reply and didn't both to turn off notifications. I will be correcting that right now...

See ya',
    Mike
    Don't be obtuse. You went a little further than "nerds."

I responded to a post from a moderator, after skimming the first post or two and then jumping to the end.

I didn't start a thread just to whine. You did that. And I see no need for it, as the reception to the 700p--here on TC--is actually more positive than I would have predicted. I was impressed. You, OTOH, apparently saw nothing but "whiney Treo nerds."

See ya',
    Mike
    Ok that wasnt laced with hostility..... sheesh.

I think Haggar is spot on. And the only thing I am whining about it that my 650 is an unstable brick at the moment and the 700 hasnt arrived yet so I can get a working phone. (color me optimistic)
    Shut it.

Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IamVincent
    Shut it.
    I guess people just dont' have a sense of humor...

My original point...just keeps being reinforced in this thread. People throw around the "Shut Ups" and "You don't know what you're talking about" as if THEY are the experts. I'm not claiming to be one...I'm simply saying that what works ME isn't necessarily what works for YOU and vice versa.

Honestly, I could care less if you agree with me or not. What I do care about is the flaming and ragging that some people seem to do simply because they are looking at the Treo universe through THEIR eyes and not accepting that everyone else has a different use and therefor a different perspective on what they deem important.
    I didn't say Shut up, I said Shut it. I think the spandex is cutting off the circulation to your brain.... LOL

People throw around the "Shut Ups" ...I'm simply saying that what works ME .
    Treo 700p, 650p 600p, 300p, IIIc, III, Vx, USR Palm Pilot, Newton Message Pad 130, Newton Message Pad 120, (Was there a MP 100?), HP Calculator, Pencil and Paper, Chisel and Rock ....
    I didn't think Haggar made any Spandex clothing...guess I was wrong Pants Boy...
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast