Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    950 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jes
    In front of all his friends, my kid brother presses one button on his bluetooth headset, which is linked to his $99 Razr, and says "Call Hot Chic." Then he's talking to a cute female classmate for 10 minutes. To top it off, he points to his big brother's Treo 650 and says "My brother's smartphone can't do that." All his kid friends laugh. And now I'm jealous of my kid brother, and I am ashamed. It will take me a while to get over the lack of bluetooth voicedialing on the 700p.
    Sounds like you need to get a new brother...
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Voice Signal e-mailed me today and said that they are releasing the new VSuite "on the 700p".
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What you mean bundled? I haven't recalled reading that on any of the sites though...
    It's listed in the right column under the heading "Software on CD-ROM":
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...00p/specs.html

I believe it's a trial version, so you'll have to pay for the full version if you like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trevante
    It has nothing to do with the BT software version, if it supports the HFP/HSP profiles, then it should support voice dialing, period. However, this is probably a limitation of PalmOS. My friend has a T-Mobile MDA (WM5) and he can initiate calls using voice dialing from his BT headset.
    That's what the VoiceSignal people said. It wasn't a limitation of their software (as their software is available for other phones), it was a limitation of the Treo/PalmOS.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    In front of all his friends, my kid brother presses one button on his bluetooth headset, which is linked to his $99 Razr, and says "Call Hot Chic." Then he's talking to a cute female classmate for 10 minutes. To top it off, he points to his big brother's Treo 650 and says "My brother's smartphone can't do that." All his kid friends laugh. And now I'm jealous of my kid brother, and I am ashamed. It will take me a while to get over the lack of bluetooth voicedialing on the 700p.
    My Samsung i500 will do that, you have to use a BT adaptor, I am sure it is not any more sofisticated then the BT on either the 650 or the 700, and the i500 has palm OS so I realy think it could/should have been incorporated, that is one thing I miss about using the i500, but gotta love nes on the 650
    Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What you mean bundled? I haven't recalled reading that on any of the sites though...
    I e-mailed the tech support contact I had for the VSuite beta asking about entry intot he betas fro VSpeech and VopiceMode. The reponse said that they are currently negotiating with Palm on these but that a new Vsuite would be released "on the 700p". I guess that may have been intended to mean:

1. You get the thing preinstalled as 14 day trail
    2. You get the thing preinstalled and licensed
    3. You get the thing on the CD
    4. You are pointed to a place where ya can download the thing
    5. It works on the 700p
    6. There is a version specific for the 700p
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 05/19/2006 at 03:58 PM.
    I can see some benefit, but it has always seemed to me that I can use the 5-way to click on a Speed-Dial or Quick-Launch with great enough ease that voice dial using the handset didn't seem worth the effort.

Voice dial via BT headset is another story! But, apparently that isn't to be.

I suppose if you have a hundred business contacts then you really need this. I just want to be able to call the 15 or so people I call al lot without taking the phone out of my pocket.

Sigh.

ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I wonder how "Treo™ Voice Dialing" differs if at all from VSuite 2.02 ?

I want VoiceMode and Vspeech !!!
    Sadly enough, the 700p will be without WiFi, but to not have voice command such as the 700w, that is just pathetic.

One can only hope that the new voice signal program has a improved interpreting mechanism, because the one that comes on the bundle cd of 650 does a very poor job of interpreting what I say.
    So far the only contact that gives VSignal trouble (old or new) for me has a last name "Ngoon" where the g is silent....and I'm from Brooklyn ...."derty derd street and derd avenue"
    Can anyone confirm the the "Treo Voice Dialing" software included on the CD supports initiating a call through a Bluetooth headset?

Thanks,

Codedancer
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600
    It's listed in the right column under the heading "Software on CD-ROM":
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...00p/specs.html

I believe it's a trial version, so you'll have to pay for the full version if you like it.
    It isn't actually on the CD-ROM, though, at least not on mine (Sprint version). All is actually on the CD is is a link to http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html, which hasn't yet been updated and says it only works on the 650. Multiple of the bonus software packages linked to from the 700p CD are like this. Jeez, how much time does it take to update a web page to mention another model?
    http://www.palm.com/us/software/voicedialing/

... has a link to this note:

Hands-free headset (wired)
    If you're using Treo Voice Dialing with the hands-free headset included with your Treo smartphone, or a third-party wired hands-free headset, keep these pointers in mind:

* When you press the button on the headset, Treo Voice Dialing activates. You can immediately say names or numbers to dial.
    * Once the call connects, Treo Voice Dialing is de-activated.
    * During an active call, you can use the headset button as you would normally for disconnecting or switching between calls. Treo Voice Dial is turned off during active calls.
    * During an active call, you cannot dial numbers or additional people using Treo Voice Dialing. Instead, use the keypad, Speed Dial, or Contacts to dial additional numbers. Use the keypad to enter numeric characters in an automated system.

Bluetooth headset (wireless)
    Treo Voice Dialing is not compatible with Bluetooth headsets. When you press the button on a Bluetooth headset, Treo Voice Dialing is not activated. Use the Bluetooth headset normally, as if Treo Voice Dialing were not installed.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    That is one major bummer. I would have upgraded to the 700P just for that.
    I use Sprint's Voice Command service ($5/month). I tried apps that were supposed to do a good job of voice-commanded dialing, but they made too many mistakes.

On the other hand, Sprint's Voice Command works incredibly well; I almost never get errors with it, and have used it on several different phones, including the 650 and a couple of cell phone before that. For my money, it's well worth it because there aren't a lot of false matches.
    But he's wrong; use Sprint's Voice Command. I wish it was built into the 700p, but considering the fact that it's so accurate, it's worth the $5/month (to me at least).
    Quote Originally Posted by longterm
    I use Sprint's Voice Command service ($5/month). I tried apps that were supposed to do a good job of voice-commanded dialing, but they made too many mistakes.

On the other hand, Sprint's Voice Command works incredibly well; I almost never get errors with it, and have used it on several different phones, including the 650 and a couple of cell phone before that. For my money, it's well worth it because there aren't a lot of false matches.

I agree about Sprint voice command. Luckily I have it on my 650 for free! A while ago, Sprint had a promotion for VC...something like try it for 2 months free if you like it and then $5/month there after. It was only $5/month on the Primary line, and then all the sub-lines also get it. Well, we have 5 lines total, so all 5 phones had VC. When I called Sprint later to cancel VC, they removed it from the primary line, but the service still remained active on all the sub lines for FREE!! As a result, I have the "F" key in my favorites set to launch VC and with Butler's Klaunch feature, I can launch VC with one key command! It works great with my BT headset and is very accurate...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Go to this site:
    http://www.voicesignal.com/support/t...ndex.php3#ap28

Here's the info:

Q23. Can I launch Voice Dial with a Bluetooth Headset?

A. No. At this time it is not possible to launch Voice Dial (or any other speech application) from the Bluetooth headset; however, it is possible to launch the Voice Dial application from the Treo700p sidekey, SPEAK TO the Voice Dial application and then after you are connected to the other party you can switch to the BlueTooth headset.

Q24. Are you planning to support Bluetooth with Voice Dial on the Treo 700p?

A. Yes, Palm is working to enable launching the Voice Dial application directly from a Bluetooth headset, but you will need to check with Palm to confirm when this capability will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator
    Jay, will the new suite do what we are talking about - voice dialling from a BT headset? More info please.
    ===============================
    Sprint Visor Phone -> Sprint Treo 300 ->
    Sprint Treo 650-> Sprint 700p
    So I can accurately say,
    I've seen it ALL!!!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    ok you want to just push the button on your bluetooth and have voice command work right ,,,well i just activated VC last night and got to playing around with it and ,,well if your BT ,,and phone have a redial option,,mine is a 2 tap on the BT i have the plantronics 665 and i just push the BT 2 times fast and it redials the last number,,now to the phone the LAST NUMBER was the voice comand,,the number the voice comand dials IS NOT THE LAST number,,so its always going to dial the VC # unless you actually dial a different # from the phone,,some BT's are set up for one long press@ 2-3 seconds,,others are just one tap of the talk button on the BT,,try it out works awsome and every time,,no fumbling with the phone at all,,,hope this helps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12