Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Have you guys seen this?
    http://www.palm.com/us/products/smar...p/options.html

It looks like the Plantronics 645 or 640. and goes as follow:

Hands-free communication just got more convenient! Weighing only nine grams, this ultra-lightweight, Bluetooth®-compatible headset features a comfortable, in-ear design. At the touch of a button, you can answer or end calls, get last number redial, mute, and more. Plus, uses your Treo smartphone AC adaptor for charging eliminating the need to carry more than one AC adaptor when traveling.

http://www.palm.com/us/images/produc...als/3265WW.jpg

Al
    That looks amazing its really nice, and the fact that it used the same charger is even better that will proberly be on my list for when i get my 700p.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    That looks EXACTLY like the plantronics...

I've had too much good luck with plantronics, I don't mind spending my money with them because its always a very nice product.
    If I was going to guess, I'd say its the 640, since $129 was the retail MSRP of the 640. The 645 has a higher MSRP.
  5.    #5  
    The 645 is selling for less than 100 bucks online
    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?so...erchant_review

So who knows it could be the newer one since it has the Treo Adapter only and does not come with the extra ones and for what I see the 640 is now selling for less than 80 bucks almost everywhere.

Al
    True... You should order it and let us know
  7.    #7  
    I would buy it if there was link to buy it, but it is probably a new product that they will be stocking soon. And that is another reason why I think it gotta be the 645. If anybody has any info about it please post it here.

Al
    Yep...its the 645

http://www.plantronics.com/north_ame...true&mftr=PALM

Enjoy simplified mobility with the ultimate Bluetooth® headset – the Plantronics Discovery ™ 645. Digital Signal Processing reduces background noise for improved sound quality, and the innovative pocket charger stores a AAA battery for charging headset between calls. Combining cutting-edge technology and a sleek, ultra-light design, Discovery sets the standard in style, comfort and convenience.

Product Features:

• DSP (Digital Signal Processing) actively reduces background noise for improved sound quality
    • Less to carry – use your existing mobile phone charger
    • Innovative pocket charger stores a AAA battery the charges the headset between calls
    • Ultra-light 1/3 ounce weight, customizable gel ear tips for long-wearing comfort
    • Sleek, lightweight wireless design with chrome finish carrying case
    • Vibrate ring in charging pocket, last number redial, and voice dialing
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    How do you get that it is a 645 from that link? You're link just shows the 645. It doesn't say anything about the Palm Ultralight headset = 645....
    Does the plantronics have the same Palm charging slot, or does it require a different charger?
    The 645 comes with the treo AC adaptor, the 640 did not, but you can also purchase it from Plantronics for 9.99
    So its the same one that works with the Treo?
    When I lose/break my current headset, I know what I'm getting...
    natelam,

From what I read in the documentation, there are charging adapters for a few different phone manufacturers, but the included adapter seems different from the 650's.
    Yeah, there was a recent thread here I think about the 645 and users confirmed that it did not come with the Treo 650 charging adapter.
    Thanks. Looks like a pretty good product though....hopefully the Palm version can be found for the same price.
  17.    #17  
    Any luck anybody finding from Palm if this is a 640 or 645? I tried to called them but they made me wait for so long that I had to hung up. I'm at work.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    How do you get that it is a 645 from that link? You're link just shows the 645. It doesn't say anything about the Palm Ultralight headset = 645....
    The Plantronic 645 doesnt have to reference the Palm Ultralight headset in order for it to be the same. Many of you know that this isnot the 1st nor last time that Palm has used someone else's headset and stamped their name to it. For instance, the "Palm Wireless Headset....." need I say more?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    The Plantronic 645 doesnt have to reference the Palm Ultralight headset in order for it to be the same. Many of you know that this isnot the 1st nor last time that Palm has used someone else's headset and stamped their name to it. For instance, the "Palm Wireless Headset....." need I say more?
    Yeah, but it could also be the 640 right?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Yeah, but it could also be the 640 right?
    Very possible.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast