Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am so confused about what the Treo 700p is going to cost me. Thanks in advance for any help. I am trying to figure out what the 700p is going to cost me. I signed a 2 year contract with Sprint in February of 2005 on my Treo 650.

Will I be allowed to sign up for another 2 year contract to get the phone at $399?
    Jimmie Geddes
    no you will have to wait till your 2 year contract is up to get the discount
    Got Treo?
    Jimmie, I say you ask them and see what they tell you. Never hurts to ask.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Its not liek that in the UK, if you wanted to you could keep your current contract with the 650 and get another with the 700p, you would just be paying out DOUBLE every month so its not worth it. Unless you know somebody you can sponge the contract on to ( As in they use and give you the money to pay for it) (Kids?)
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I am so confused about what the Treo 700p is going to cost me. Thanks in advance for any help. I am trying to figure out what the 700p is going to cost me. I signed a 2 year contract with Sprint in February of 2005 on my Treo 650.

Will I be allowed to sign up for another 2 year contract to get the phone at $399?
    You could always add a line and get the phone cheaper if Sprint does a family plan. I did this when the 650 came out on VZW. Over two years VZW makes back $240 for 24 months of service for $9.99 a month and I'm still up $10 for the end of the year but pay it out monthly instead of up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadams
    You could always add a line and get the phone cheaper if Sprint does a family plan. I did this when the 650 came out on VZW. Over two years VZW makes back $240 for 24 months of service for $9.99 a month and I'm still up $10 for the end of the year but pay it out monthly instead of up front.
    I believe extra lines with shared minutes are $20/mo on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    Ouch. Well that really sucks then.
  9.    #9  
    I just called Sprint. I got the "we just got word we are carrying this device, but don't have prices yet." I told the rep that there were prices listed $649 no contract, $549 1 year contract, $399 2 year contract. He asked when I got my Tre 650, since it was more than a year ago he said that I'd qualify for a $75 rebate. So it looks like I am going to have to pay Sprint $574 to upgrade. In case anyone else was having this kind of question. Thanks for the help guys.
    Jimmie Geddes
    On old plans true... on the new Fair and Flexible Family plans they are $9.99 for lines 3-5. (2nd line is included)
    I just called Sprint. I got the "we just got word we are carrying this device, but don't have prices yet." I told the rep that there were prices listed $649 no contract, $549 1 year contract, $399 2 year contract. He asked when I got my Tre 650, since it was more than a year ago he said that I'd qualify for a $75 rebate. So it looks like I am going to have to pay Sprint $574 to upgrade. In case anyone else was having this kind of question. Thanks for the help guys.
    Don't forget taxes. I think at that price, I'm going with Palm and the freebie.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I fist got my sprint account with my treo 600, i then transfered to the treo 650. I dont think i'm under contract. On Sprintspcs.com it says my Sprint Advantage agreement expired on 11/05. Will i qualify for the $399 discounted phone if i sign a new 2 yr contract on my existing phone number?
    Look, you have to get creative. When I upgrade from the 600 to the 650, I went to my local Sprint store and took a friend who wanted a 650 (new customer). I told the guy "hey if here's a new customer for you he wants the 650 (I think the two 2year deal was $349) how about me, can I get one for that price if I extend my contact. He ask the manager and it worked.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    Quote Originally Posted by Amuka
    I fist got my sprint account with my treo 600, i then transfered to the treo 650. I dont think i'm under contract. On Sprintspcs.com it says my Sprint Advantage agreement expired on 11/05. Will i qualify for the $399 discounted phone if i sign a new 2 yr contract on my existing phone number?
    I think the Sprint Advantage agreement is independant of the phone rebate plan. For example, I changed my plan and I started a new 2-year cycle but my 650 still shows it's earlier activation date.

If you go to this page (http://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/index.jsp) you can enter your phone number and zip code and it will tell you where you stand on the rebate.

I would recommend you contact a "retention" rep at Sprint even though your contract is not up. Although my contract is up and I think they gave me reasonable incentive to sign up again, it seemed to me that they are anxious to keep customers. I believe the information from one of the Sprint employees who posts here is correct. If there is a chance to get a better deal it would be with the retention reps as opposed to store guys or regular telesales reps. I think its at least worth the effort. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Legalbeagle
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Jimmie -

I spoke to a Sprint business rep yesterday. They told me that business customers qualify for a $150 upgrade after 18 mo's. Individual subscribers have to wait 24 mo's for the upgrade. As I activated my 650 w/ a 2 yr contract in Jan 2005, I qualify for the $150 upgrade in July 2006. However, the rep told me that if I buy the 700p from Palm (presumably for $650) on 6/1/06, I would still qualify for the $150 upgrade in July 2006 as I would have upgraded my Treo in June 2006. Sprint will apply the $150 credit against my Sprint bill.

So we can get the 700p as soon as it's available from Palm - we'll just have to wait 1 month (2 months in your case) to get the $150 rebate.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks for the info guys, I'll try what you guys recommend. It's definitely worth it to save some $$.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I think the Sprint Advantage agreement is independant of the phone rebate plan. For example, I changed my plan and I started a new 2-year cycle but my 650 still shows it's earlier activation date.

If you go to this page (http://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/index.jsp) you can enter your phone number and zip code and it will tell you where you stand on the rebate.

Bah!! its says i'm qualified for a $75 discount now. A $150 discount on 11/06. I dont feel like jumping through a thousand hoops in order to get a reasonably priced phone/plan. I need to do some thinking, whether i'll be getting this phone or not.

Thanks for the link
    Quote Originally Posted by icanbeatali
    On old plans true... on the new Fair and Flexible Family plans they are $9.99 for lines 3-5. (2nd line is included)
    You're right, I was on an old plan.

So, when I get the 700p I'll be:
    - paying the same $39.99 but for 100 LESS minutes (400 instead of 500)
    - paying the same $15 for unlimited (non-DUN) data, but LESS the 100 free text messages
    - saving $20 for the free second line

Since I don't text much, I'll take the $.10/text.

Unless I'm missing something, this is going to work out better for me. I could even pay the extra $ for picture mail and enhanced Sprint TV and break close to even.

[As an aside, and if anybody knows offhand, if I do not get picturemail, is it NOT possible to send ANY pictures?]
    You're right, I was on an old plan.

So, when I get the 700p I'll be:
    - paying the same $39.99 but for 100 LESS minutes (400 instead of 500)
    - paying the same $15 for unlimited (non-DUN) data, but LESS the 100 free text messages
    - saving $20 for the free second line

Since I don't text much, I'll take the $.10/text.

Unless I'm missing something, this is going to work out better for me. I could even pay the extra $ for picture mail and enhanced Sprint TV and break close to even.

[As an aside, and if anybody knows offhand, if I do not get picturemail, is it NOT possible to send ANY pictures?]
    Actually, the $15 data plan comes with 100 txt. So...it's even better still! Cheers.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast