Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    So are you getting a 2nd line just to get the 700p cheaper?
    Jimmie Geddes
  2.    #22  
    This is very strange I just checked my Sprint account online and saw this " PCS Advantage Agreement Expires 04/04/08"

Something is wrong.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by wantAtreo700p
    Actually, the $15 data plan comes with 100 txt. So...it's even better still! Cheers.
    Not anymore... unless you are reffering to a business plan. Consumers no longer get that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Jimmie -

I spoke to a Sprint business rep yesterday. They told me that business customers qualify for a $150 upgrade after 18 mo's. Individual subscribers have to wait 24 mo's for the upgrade. As I activated my 650 w/ a 2 yr contract in Jan 2005, I qualify for the $150 upgrade in July 2006. However, the rep told me that if I buy the 700p from Palm (presumably for $650) on 6/1/06, I would still qualify for the $150 upgrade in July 2006 as I would have upgraded my Treo in June 2006. Sprint will apply the $150 credit against my Sprint bill.

So we can get the 700p as soon as it's available from Palm - we'll just have to wait 1 month (2 months in your case) to get the $150 rebate.
    That isn't true. You might want to call and get a econd opinion. The rebates are attached to ESNs on accounts. If you change the ESN (phone) it changes your eligibility. You would have to wait another 18 months to get the credit.
  5.    #25  
    I think when I tried out the ppc-6700 Sprint added another 2 year contract to my account.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I think when I tried out the ppc-6700 Sprint added another 2 year contract to my account.
    if you got a discount then that would be true... or if you changed your plan.
  7.    #27  
    I returned the 6700 to Sprint, and never got charged anything. I am wondering if this will give me ammunition towards getting a 2 year contract on the 700p since the contract was extended for a device I returned.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by wantAtreo700p
    Actually, the $15 data plan comes with 100 txt. So...it's even better still! Cheers.
    Beautiful!
    I returned the 6700 to Sprint, and never got charged anything. I am wondering if this will give me ammunition towards getting a 2 year contract on the 700p since the contract was extended for a device I returned.
    If you had recieved the full rebate when you purchased the 6700, but afterwards returned it, then yes it would give you ammunition. The sales rep will most likely tell you that you are not eligible for the rebate, but if you get a manager and tell them that you returned your last upgrade they could help you. It will depend on what you were eligible for when you purchsed the 6700.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I think the Sprint Advantage agreement is independant of the phone rebate plan. For example, I changed my plan and I started a new 2-year cycle but my 650 still shows it's earlier activation date.

If you go to this page (http://www.sprintrebates.com/track/sprintpcs/index.jsp) you can enter your phone number and zip code and it will tell you where you stand on the rebate.
    OK this says I am eligible for up to $150 with a two year plan. Does this mean I would get the 700p for $249 ($399 - $150) if I sign up for a two year plan? Or would the 700p not be one of the 'select new Sprint PCS Phones'?
  11.    #31  
    I know that I bought my 650 is Feb. '05, I wanted to try out the 6700 in April of '06. It seems that the timing of the contract shows 2 years from the 6700, I'll call Sprint to find out what'sup. Do you think I should ask for a manager? Retention? Thanks for the help.
    Jimmie Geddes
    So are you getting a 2nd line just to get the 700p cheaper?
    If that was addressed me, no, my wife is using my second line. Has been since I got the 650. She basically only uses it to talk to me (free), and to call her family long distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    OK this says I am eligible for up to $150 with a two year plan. Does this mean I would get the 700p for $249 ($399 - $150) if I sign up for a two year plan? Or would the 700p not be one of the 'select new Sprint PCS Phones'?
    It would be "a selected new phone" but the rebate is off the regular price. The $399 is what you would pay after the $150 rebate. Same as new customer price...
    I know that I bought my 650 is Feb. '05, I wanted to try out the 6700 in April of '06. It seems that the timing of the contract shows 2 years from the 6700, I'll call Sprint to find out what'sup. Do you think I should ask for a manager? Retention? Thanks for the help.
    You can call, but its not going to do any good. You are going to have to go to a store to get the rebate. All Customer Care can do is note the account saying to honor the rebate. The only problem with that is that Customer Care cannot override a store. I'm sure the contract is reflecting when you got the 6700... do you remember though how much you paid for it when you got it?
    Quote Originally Posted by icanbeatali
    It would be "a selected new phone" but the rebate is off the regular price. The $399 is what you would pay after the $150 rebate. Same as new customer price...
    Thanks. It was too good to be true.
    Not anymore... unless you are reffering to a business plan. Consumers no longer get that.
    D'oh! Drat. Enough of this economic roller coaster!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    But I thought the regular price is $649, so after the $150 rebate, that only gets me down to $499? I think I went through this same thing when I was contemplating replacing my 600 with the 650 and the discount just wasn't good enough for me to trade up yet. I believe the $399 price is only for "new" customers, and since I'm a long time Sprint customer, I don't qualify. If I can get a 700p for $399 I'll gladly get it.
    How effective is playing 'musical phones'? My account is personal, not business, and I got my Treo 650 in October '05. My wife's Cingular contract is almost up and she wants a small phone, not a Treo, but with Bluetooth.

So in principle I could:
    * add her as a secondary line on Sprint and get a 700p w/subsidy
    * buy her the phone she wants on Ebay (perhaps an LG PM-325) for ~$100
    * sell my 650 on Ebay for $175 or so

Will Sprint be willing to let me flip ESNs around willy-nilly like this? Any guess as to whether they'll actual give me the subsidy for the 2nd line?
    Quote Originally Posted by theyams
    But I thought the regular price is $649, so after the $150 rebate, that only gets me down to $499? I think I went through this same thing when I was contemplating replacing my 600 with the 650 and the discount just wasn't good enough for me to trade up yet. I believe the $399 price is only for "new" customers, and since I'm a long time Sprint customer, I don't qualify. If I can get a 700p for $399 I'll gladly get it.
    The prices aren't loaded into the system yet, but if there is a special on top of the regular $150 for new customers... 99% of the time existing customers (eligible for the $150 rebate) can also take advantage of it. However, you might find that both new and existing customers have to get the additional $100 in savings via mail in rebate... not instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by jae_63
    How effective is playing 'musical phones'? My account is personal, not business, and I got my Treo 650 in October '05. My wife's Cingular contract is almost up and she wants a small phone, not a Treo, but with Bluetooth.

So in principle I could:
    * add her as a secondary line on Sprint and get a 700p w/subsidy
    * buy her the phone she wants on Ebay (perhaps an LG PM-325) for ~$100
    * sell my 650 on Ebay for $175 or so

Will Sprint be willing to let me flip ESNs around willy-nilly like this? Any guess as to whether they'll actual give me the subsidy for the 2nd line?

You can do this, the main concern there is being able to get a phone off Ebay that actually works. Just make sure that you get insurance on your wife's account at the point of sale. The LG (or whatever) will have no warranty, but with the Insurance package that wouldn't matter.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast