Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    When I try and download the app straight to my treo, it shows up as "attachment.php" NOt a prc file and says its not recognized
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    When I try and download the app straight to my treo, it shows up as "attachment.php" NOt a prc file and says its not recognized
    Sorry, I have no experience in OTA download since I don't have web access on my Treo. Anyhow, please try & see whether your Treo recognise the attached "TreoMax97b1.prc" file.

Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by spollo
    stevengoh,
    For some reason it doesn't work for me. I activated TreoMax to turn off after 30 mins, but after a few seconds it displays: "Auto-Off: Default" and the Treo turns Off.
    Probably is a conflict with another program.
    I have installed Butler, LauncherX, ClockPop5, PowerUp. I don't know what the problem could be.

Regards
    Can you be more specific, under what circumstances does your Treo display the "Auto-Off: Default" message, was it waking up from sleep? If this is the case, it means a background app just awaken your Treo from sleep.

TreoMax AutoOff function is meant to revert to your Default setting when:

1. You manually set it to default.
    2. You quit the current application.
    3. Your Treo is waken from sleep except by a 'Power' button press.

4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    Hey Steven,

TreoMax getting better all the time. Thanks for incorporating my suggestions!

Here is one more (maybe I mentioned it before): How about a application
    include list, where TreoMax will fire-up on starting an application?

Application: OnOff, Status on App Exit
    ------------------------------------
    Bejeweled: 10 mins, Reset on Exit
    Scrabble: 30 mins, No Reset on Exit
    Versamail: 5 mins, No Reset on Exit
    Quick News: NEVER, Reset On Exit
    SMS: OFF, Reset On Exit
    etc...

The above, in addition to the Shift-Shift functionality. (mabe TreoMax
    with the above functionality could be shareware with the 0.97b
    functionality fully working... or whatever.)

- mvk
    Hi mvk,

That involves monitoring the starting & quiting of every app launches, this will slow down the Treo. It also risk crashing your Treo with the 'NVFS' system, I think that is why very few applications are doing that nowadays. You see, with the new 'NVFS' system, any background activity could cause a 'crash' under some conditions. Therefore, the least background activity the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevengoh
    Hi mvk,

That involves monitoring the starting & quiting of every app launches, this will slow down the Treo. It also risk crashing your Treo with the 'NVFS' system, I think that is why very few applications are doing that nowadays.
    I guess a small and efficient TreoMax is more useful than a resource hog
    that can possibly crash the Treo.

Anyways, is 97b1 for everybody or only for the guy having problems?

- mvk
    Game over!
  6.    #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex
    Anyways, is 97b1 for everybody or only for the guy having problems?

- mvk
    I updated the help page in version 0.97b1.

Here is a small utility for those who want to get rid of the click/beep sound & use the Treo 650's built-in 'Tasks' alarm function as well.

It works on my Treo, would like to know how it behaves on other Treo 650.

Thanks for this little app. Very nice when you're in a hotel room and want a nightlight. Yes you can turn on the bathroom light and leave the door ajar, but in most rooms that also means the noisy fan is on all the time. Plus the 650 saves a lot of energy over a bathroom light.

I used my Kyocera 7135 as a "portable nightlight" quite frequently. There was a built in option to leave the screen on all the time, and I was wanting to have this feature on the 650.

Of course on both phones you have make sure you're plugged in if you want to use them as nightlights, and disable the feature in the morning...

Oh yeah, and if you have a clock program (I like Palmary Clock) you can use set the clock for big numbers and a light color background, and voila, combination nightlight and alarm clock.
  8.    #48  
    Version 0.97b2 tries to detect & turn-on CDMA phones upon reset as well.

Feedback from CDMA phone users appreciated.

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Any users out there running NoAutoOff or TreoMax on a Sprint 700p?
    Congratulations on a great app. The button locking is a great feature however it doesnt work when TCMP is playing audio - But DOES work when Im using TCMP but not actually playing audio! - Im a heavy TCMP user, but knocking the hard buttons when keylock is on switches apps and cuts out the audio ... not good when im on the bicycle, I have to pull up and adjust my treo before I setting off again
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    Any users out there running NoAutoOff or TreoMax on a Sprint 700p?
    I tried using TreoMax on my 700p to disable auto-off but it did not work. I need this as a workaround for clicks and skips in Audible and PTunes when the screen goes off. Any chance TreoMax can be made to work on the 700p?
    Newton 120 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm III > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Treo 90 > Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 700p (Verizon)
    ----------------------------Nokia 5160------------------> Motorola V8160 ^
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    The button locking is a great feature however it doesnt work when TCMP is playing audio
    Button Lock only works when the device is asleep. TCMP/RealPlayer/PTune/AeroPlayer only switch off the screen, but the device is actually active, so Button Lock does not apply in this circumstances. Maybe you can contact TCMP's developer to see if they help solve your problem.

SteveGoh, please check your PM... thanks - mvk
    Game over!
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by vflopez
    I tried using TreoMax on my 700p to disable auto-off but it did not work. I need this as a workaround for clicks and skips in Audible and PTunes when the screen goes off. Any chance TreoMax can be made to work on the 700p?
    Have you tried setting 'Trigger Buttons' to 'Option-Alt'.
    In this setting, you have to tap the 'Option' button(blue button next to Z), followed by a tap on the 'Alt' button to switch the Auto-Off time.

Use '30 mins' instead of 'Never' setting, otherwise your battery might become flat if you forget to get out of the 'Never' mode.

Please do let me know if this setting works on your 700P.

Regards,
    Have you tried setting 'Trigger Buttons' to 'Option-Alt'.
    In this setting, you have to tap the 'Option' button(blue button next to Z), followed by a tap on the 'Alt' button to switch the Auto-Off time.

Use '30 mins' instead of 'Never' setting, otherwise your battery might become flat if you forget to get out of the 'Never' mode.

Please do let me know if this setting works on your 700P.

Regards,
    I tried this and it works to keep the screen on, but when I hit any hard button I get an 'Auto-Off: DEFAULT' message and it gets disabled.
  16.    #56  
    I tried this and it works to keep the screen on, but when I hit any hard button I get an 'Auto-Off: DEFAULT' message and it gets disabled.
    That is the intended behaviour to prevent battery drainage.

Imagine this scenario:

After TCMP finished playing & stop, your Treo will be 'on' indefinitely, worst still with the screen 'off', there is nothing to remind you to disable the 'No AutoOff' setting. If any event (like incoming calls, etc) happens to switch your Treo on without your noticing it, its "bye-bye baby!" to your battery.

Anyhow, its not wise to leave your Treo 'on' indefinitely, event with the screen
    off.
  17.    #57  
    This version changes the default Auto-Off trigger to 'LShift,Alt' since models other than Treo-650 do not have a RShift key.

I also added a "Radio On/Off Schedule" function. The "Turn On Radio on reset" function now respects the Radio On/Off settings, i.e., it will not turn on the Radio if the reset happens during the period the Treo is supposed to be off. For example, Radio set to 'On' at 8.00 am & 'Off' 5.00 pm, TreoMax will not turn your Radio on if any reset happens from 5.00 pm to 8.00 am.

Steve... NoAutoOff was 4 KB and TreoMax098b1 is approaching 17 KB...

er... and I still like the LShift-RShift combination on my Treo 650 better.

(and check your PM, in case you have'nt already)
    That is the intended behaviour to prevent battery drainage.

Imagine this scenario:

After TCMP finished playing & stop, your Treo will be 'on' indefinitely, worst still with the screen 'off', there is nothing to remind you to disable the 'No AutoOff' setting. If any event (like incoming calls, etc) happens to switch your Treo on without your noticing it, its "bye-bye baby!" to your battery.

Anyhow, its not wise to leave your Treo 'on' indefinitely, event with the screen
    off.
    That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying
  20.    #60  
    Hi vflopez,

I remember reading somewhere(I can't recall where exactly) a clarification by pTunes people:
    A workaround for your audible clicks & skips problem is to uncheck pTunes' auto-screen off feature, and tap the power switch to turn the screen off while pTunes is playing.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast