1.    #1  
    Shadowmite says those of us who already switched to SERO don't get any discounts on the 700p. I called in and they said unless I add a new line, I'm SOL. $650+tax+activation fee is a LOT for a phone.

SERO planholders, what are you going to do? Should we just be happy that we have the best plan in the business and shut up?

(I wouldn't mind if I could get an employee discount on top of my SERO plan to compensate, but Sprint is resisting that also).
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    For those of us that haven't switched to SERO yet and are not under contract, is it possible to switch to SERO and get the cheaper phone?
    Or, could you get the phone and THEN switch to SERO. I do want to switch to SERO!
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes
    Or, could you get the phone and THEN switch to SERO. I do want to switch to SERO!
    Yes yes yes, there IS that option, but I wanted to get SERO locked up several months ago to make sure they didn't cancel the promotion early.

By my calculations, SERO would save me thousand$ over the next 5-10 years. I didn't want to risk waiting too long and risk not getting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    Yes yes yes, there IS that option, but I wanted to get SERO locked up several months ago to make sure they didn't cancel the promotion early.

By my calculations, SERO would save me thousand$ over the next 5-10 years. I didn't want to risk waiting too long and risk not getting it.
    since i have sero $50 plan too, how will i update data capability to power vision from regular vision (which i have on my treo650) when i buy Treo700P at regular price??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    since i have sero $50 plan too, how will i update data capability to power vision from regular vision (which i have on my treo650) when i buy Treo700P at regular price??
    No problem - they need to put in a special code, but pricing stays the same.

You might get a newbie rep who won't know what to do and will demand that you give up SERO to get PowerVision. If so, tell them to take a hike and call back. Repeat until successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    No problem - they need to put in a special code, but pricing stays the same.

You might get a newbie rep who won't know what to do and will demand that you give up SERO to get PowerVision. If so, tell them to take a hike and call back. Repeat until successful.
    Got it. Thanks.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Anybody here currently out of contract with Sprint (month-to-month), eligible under the 'new phone every two year plan' deal AND will be getting the T700p with Power Vision or SERO?

Please post your findings/tips & tricks here, of course! Like to find out what kind of deal you guys/gals get. Me? I'm holding off another year before I do any serious hardware and Sprint upgrade deals...still, it's cool to know what people can get once you're out of contract!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Ok if you are getting SERO then you can not get discounts on the treo 700p.

-First you have to be in a plan that is $34-35 (sero is $30 and as a matter of fact any sero plan would not get you a discount. The plans are discounted by 50%+ already)

It would be nice to get a small discount, but it's no biggie for me. I have the plan I need and 23% discount on top of sero and 500 text and nights at 7pm for free.
    I cant complain coming from GSM(tmobile) I get better speed and a much improved CDMA service. I wouldnt trade it for anything.

I say sell your 650 and purchase the 700p two months later. you will have at least $300+
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

well speaking of SERO i came across this which i will try tomorrow because when i called a sprint rep about the SERO plan they told me you had to be a sprint employee to get it,but that's not true.
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503