Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I think a thread was already started on this, but I couldn't find it, so please forgive me if this is a duplicate. I hope to order a 700p just as soon as I can. I really need it no later than early June for an extended trip we're taking where I hope to tether with EVDO. I would imagine just as soon as Sprint makes their announcement it should be available via Sprint tele-sales, the Palm website and also perhaps places like here at TC. I wonder which of these options would provide the quickest delivery and if any would offer any extras - such as free BT headset or free overnight delivery, etc. Can anyone remember back to when the 650 came out which gave the first actual delivery? Unfortunately I will have to pay full price as I just recently renewed my contract, but I'm willing to do this and hopefully I can sell my 650 to recoup a little (except I imagine eBay will have a deluge of 650's shortly and prices might be rather low).
    Sprint telesales was the first to ship the 650 even before the pre orders from palm

Fred
  3.    #3  
    That's what I was thinking. Now the trick will be if I can get $75 off. I purchased a 6700 a few months back but didn't like it at all. When I purchased the 6700 I got $75 off because I had my 650 for over a year and could upgrade. When I returned the 6700 supposedly they put a notation on my account that when the 700p came out I was to get $75 off since I had returned the 6700. I hope tele-sales has access to this notation and will give me the $75 off.
    When I called Sprint they said that the 700p was going to be a "hot" item, and that the best place to get it would be telesales. They did say that Sprint stores would be getting them at the same time, but limited availability.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    When I called Sprint they said . . . the best place to get it would be telesales. They did say that Sprint stores would be getting them at the same time, but limited availability.
    That's what manager at my Sprint store said also.
    I just went to a Sprint store, and they told me they don't really know when the 700p will be available. I wasn't surprised by this reply.
    Brick and mortar all carriers store...

less $
    shorter contract
    And no supply of 700's
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Best place at this time would be either ordering directly from palm.com
    They will ship it on Tuesday 30th May and recieve it Wednesday 31st May
    Or you can try a Palm retail store on Monday 29th May morning (if you have one your area) if they have enuf in stock.
    One advantage you have if you order from Palm.com is you get the $100 Off (developer discount) and also 1gb SD Card if you enter in the serial from your 650.

<s></s>
    I think they could ship it monday
    Jimmie Geddes
    I think they could ship it monday
    How?
    FedEx doesn't work that day.
    <s></s>
    If you call 1-800-go-fedex the rep guy I talked to Said that they will pick up only but no delivery on monday
    Oh does Palm ship via Fedex?
    Why can't Palm send it out Monday?
    Jimmie Geddes
    Why can't Palm send it out Monday?
    Cause its Memorial Day and their warehouse must be closed....I am just guessing. But we can call them and ask http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif. I won't do it coz I said earlier I am done calling Palm/Sprint/Verizon.
    <s></s>
    ok, I'm wrong.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Oh does Palm ship via Fedex?
    Marcus got his thru FedEx and in the past I have ordered Acc thru palm they came thru FedEX I think.
    <s></s>
    This is VERY reminiscent of Thanksgiving Weekend 2004. All the same questions about holiday delivery dates...
    Dejavu, well it'll be in stores on Monday, stores that are open
    Jimmie Geddes
    Dejavu, well it'll be in stores on Monday, stores that are open
    Yup and most of the stores are open that day.
    <s></s>
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast