Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    how do you get the developer discount?
    I went by the Union Station (Washington, DC) brand spanking-new Palm store today. I told the guy at the counter I was looking forward to getting the 700P. He tried to convince me it's better to buy from them at retail then not get locked into a 2 year plan (whatever - I'm not missing out on my $150 discount from Sprint). But, if you're looking for quick, and you've got a store near you, this *might* be the best plan.

Anyhoo the biggest news is that they had the 700p in the back room! And he showed me the Sprint branded one. Box wasn't sealed but the phone was. (There's a weird short power cable adapter thing that I don't see listed on the Palm site.) I have no idea why he trusted me to hold it and no idea why my legs didn't dash out of the store. Must be the darn conscience over-riding my legs' instinct. He says that he hasn't received an email yet saying they could sell it. Nor the price even.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Dawson
    Anyhoo the biggest news is that they had the 700p in the back room! And he showed me the Sprint branded one. Box wasn't sealed but the phone was. (There's a weird short power cable adapter thing that I don't see listed on the Palm site.) I have no idea why he trusted me to hold it and no idea why my legs didn't dash out of the store.
    Um, the back room?

He trusted you to hold it?

This sounds a LOT like that episode of "Diff'rent Strokes" where the bicycle shop owner tries to molest Dudley.
    Quote Originally Posted by master1m
    If you call 1-800-go-fedex the rep guy I talked to Said that they will pick up only but no delivery on monday
    It says here that they don't pickup or deliver on Memorial Day:

https://www.fedex.com/us/services/op...ssoptions.html
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Love
    Um, the back room?

This sounds a LOT like that episode of "Diff'rent Strokes" where the bicycle shop owner tries to molest Dudley.
    Hi T-Love. No, he brought it out to the counter though were loads of it on the shelves behind him, too. And I guess he thought he had a reason to trust me.

If you're getting the Sprint one and if you're having a hard time believing just check out that odd power adapter cable.
    Blackberry 957 -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by k_gilly
    how do you get the developer discount?
    I echo k_gilly, how do you get the developer discount. I see where you can get the $150 trade-in and a $150 discount with Sprint activation, but couldn't find the developer discount. I'm eagerly awaiting purchasing the 700p so any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by russ10s
    I echo k_gilly, how do you get the developer discount. I see where you can get the $150 trade-in and a $150 discount with Sprint activation, but couldn't find the developer discount. I'm eagerly awaiting purchasing the 700p so any info on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...31&postcount=1
    If you call 1-800-go-fedex the rep guy I talked to Said that they will pick up only but no delivery on monday

I work for fedex, the world could be ending that day and we will not work, trust me on this. no pick ups or deliveries.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Love
    Um, the back room?

Well i don't think that there was any ice cream involved in this case or was there?......hmmmmm
    Wasn't the official date of release on Sprint supposed to be Sunday? It doesn't seem like anyone is expecting them to be available in sprint retail locations on sunday.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    It says here that they don't pickup or deliver on Memorial Day:

https://www.fedex.com/us/services/op...ssoptions.html

We'll a lesson for me never trust a rep.
    Check USPS....I have had USPS deliver even on X-mas
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Dog Doc
    Wasn't the official date of release on Sprint supposed to be Sunday? It doesn't seem like anyone is expecting them to be available in sprint retail locations on sunday.
    I've been planning all along to be waiting outside the door of my Sprint store Sunday morning for the second they open... I too have been confused by all this talk of waiting until Monday to buy from the stores...
    Quote Originally Posted by David Dawson
    (There's a weird short power cable adapter thing that I don't see listed on the Palm site.)
    That's probably the cable that came with the 650 as well. It allows you to use a generic wall or car charger, put this on the end, and charge the treo. This way you don't have to buy new chargers if you use the universal ones Sprint encourages you to buy at the stores.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwflutterby
    I've been planning all along to be waiting outside the door of my Sprint store Sunday morning for the second they open... I too have been confused by all this talk of waiting until Monday to buy from the stores...
    I talked to my local store today. They are usually closed on Sunday but told me they might be open on this Sunday. Now I have to figure out if I should buy from the store or over the phone. I need to change my plan and a phone rep from retention is calling me back on Sunday. Think I can get the phone from the store, get a new plan there, and then change the plan later on Sunday? Or should I change the plan first? Think the store and the phone rep will have the same price on the phone? So many questions, but I need help with them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattS822
    I talked to my local store today. They are usually closed on Sunday but told me they might be open on this Sunday. Now I have to figure out if I should buy from the store or over the phone. I need to change my plan and a phone rep from retention is calling me back on Sunday. Think I can get the phone from the store, get a new plan there, and then change the plan later on Sunday? Or should I change the plan first? Think the store and the phone rep will have the same price on the phone? So many questions, but I need help with them all.
    I'd walk into a brick and mortar all carriers store and comparision shop. They tend to be a bit more forthcoming when it comes to "working the carrier" for best discounts....they also, in my experience, are always a few ($50-75) dollars cheaper and only require 1 year contracts most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Tamboli
    Be aware if you use the developers discount...

**Please note that only registered developers who have been a member of the PluggedIn program for at least 60 days are eligible for this discount. Anyone abusing this program will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
    I say go to the Palm Store even though you will have to pay full retail.

Goes on sale monday.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    If there only were a Palm store in New Orleans.
    lol @ everyone hoping it ships out on memorial day. aint gonna happend.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast