Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Not sure what they did to deserve to earn the scoop, but Digital Lifestyle has this story up:

http://www.dlmag.com/1607/sprint-fir...treo-700p.html

$649 phone only
    $549 phone with 1-yr contract
    $399 phone with 2-yr contract
    Last edited by tc600; 05/15/2006 at 11:20 PM.
    $399 with a two-year contract.... SOLD!!
    So are the phone as modem plans sold in addition to the $15-25 power vision plans?????

$75 per month for data is a little high...
    Hmm.. the Phone-as-Modem (PAM) plans cost $40 for unlimited data. ouch!
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by perry_rob
    So are the phone as modem plans sold in addition to the $15-25 power vision plans?????

$75 per month for data is a little high...
    No, the PAM rate includes on-device usage, so your total would be $40/month (during the promo period for unlimited PAM).
    I wonder if the $399 2 yr price will be for those that upgrade as well. I'm due for my 150 rebate and would love the extra 100 off after activation.
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600
    No, the PAM rate includes on-device usage, so your total would be $40/month (during the promo period for unlimited PAM).

hmm.... can anyone confirm or deny?
    Wanta700p,
    the $250 is including the $150 instant rebate. No way will Sprint let you get a discounted price THEN add another rebate.

I just hope they make the extra $100 instant instead of mail-in.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    so it has begun............ . Cant wait for "I have my 700p and i am going nutts over it" threads :P
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Dragon, thanks. I got the rebate vs. discount part. My question was about the additional 100 upon activation. Wondering if it would apply for those upgrading vs. those signing up for new service. From your reply you it sounds like you belive everyone signing a new 2 yr contract would get it...i hope your right. Cheers.
    The Phone as modem service does include on device usage. You get the phone as modem for 39.99/month right now, might go up in the future.

If you qualify for $150 off the price of a phone for an upgrade, you qualify for any other discounts that a new subscriber gets.

That extra $100 off with the 2-year is probably (as in, I'll give you 10-1) a mail-in-rebate for everyone except for customers who have thier account listed as a business, not an individual.

However, to be fair, I haven't seen this price point in any Sprint documentation yet, so it could all be fat rumor. Doesn't sound unreasonable, though.

Mindful
    First time posting. I lurk around a lot though. I found this to confirm (or second) the first link about pricing.

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,125710,00.asp

I was wondering where the source was on the first one, but this link actually has a quote from a sprint spokesperson.

Looks like I'll be cancelling my service and starting up a new one (if that's what it takes). $400 is not that bad of a price.

Tim
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    The full press release has made Yahoo! Biz:
    http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/060516/20060515006407.html
    No i think its a very good price, i dont really like buying into a 2 year contract though, 1 year suits me just fine.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Well, I figure that if I'm going to save $250 dollars for a 2 year agreement and the early termination fee is $150, then I may as well take my chances with the 2 year agreement. I plan on sticking with sprint, I woulnd't make this investment in this phone if I wasn't going to keep it for a while.
    Last edited by blackboxsocial; 05/16/2006 at 02:37 AM.
    Very good price So it'll be in stores at the end of May? I wonder how soon people will report getting them.

I got this from Sprint this morning.I guess Katherine wrote this before Sprint announced the prices

Thank you for replying back to us .

You can purchase the Palm Treo 700P after May 28, 2006. Currently, we
    are unable to tell you regarding the price. To know the price of Treo
    700P, please write us on May 28, 2006.

Thank you for contacting us. Have a nice day.

Katherine
    E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"

Refer someone to Sprint and get $25.
    Visit www.sprint.com/referralprogram for details.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I've only been with Sprint since the end of November, 2005. I signed up with a two year plan. Since I've only been a customer for 6 months, can I still qualify for the $399 price if I sign up for an additional 2 years on my current plan ($30 SERO plan)?
    I hate to beat a dead horse, but once again, if you go with the $40 PAM that includes Power Vision. Am I reading this correctly? This is very important to me. I might would pay $20 extra per month for tethering because I would use it alot. Also, I thought the website said the special deal for unlimited PAM expires on May 21. Did anyone else see this? Seems silly to sign up for a feature before I could even get a phone to use it with (well I guess I could use it now with my 650, but it's too slow to use often).
    Jimmie Geddes,
    While you MAY be able to order it on 5/28, I'm guessing (and I hope I'm wrong) that we won't see it in the stores before the first or second week of June.

This is an educated guess as I haven't heard anything official, yet.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I've only been with Sprint since the end of November, 2005. I signed up with a two year plan. Since I've only been a customer for 6 months, can I still qualify for the $399 price if I sign up for an additional 2 years on my current plan ($30 SERO plan)?
    What he said... I must know
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast