Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    My contract is actually over since August 2003. Got to admit my plan is dirt cheap. I'm paying $45/month tax included a month for 400 minutes and all the data services, picture mail and texting I want on the 650. Willing to eat the price of the new phone but do not want to increase the monthly charges significantly. My problem is that I have gone the 300/600/650 route and will be jealous of all my treo central friends with their new 700's. Maybe I'll just wait a generation and wait for Perry's 900 to come out. Its not that I can't afford it, I'm just cheap.
    I was on the phone with retention and she told me that the treo 700s got pushed back until July.....can anyone confirm this...???
    Check palm.com It is going to be shipped in 1 wk
    I guess we will see in a week ...Sweet
    I talked to retentions yesterday, and they told me it got pushed back to "June 15th". I'm planning on calling every day from May 28th on.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I talked to rententions last night as well. The young lady is going to call me back on Sunday when they get into Sprint's system.
    cant you jsut use PDANET and not worry about PAM charges?
    I feel for the poor retentions agents come Monday. I love my grandfathered plan, and will be VERY upset when I have to PAY for vision, and texts.
    I can't wait to see if the ones ship from palm today...the woman seemed pretty confident about late june early july....i just love the inconsistant answers..
    Just curious - which Power Vision plan are folks thinking about moving to? From what I understand there are three levels - plain PV, one with a few Sprint TV channels and one with all the Sprint TV channels. And the pricing is $15, $20 and $25 (please correct me if I'm wrong). I guess I'm thinking I'll move to the full thing and if I find I'm not using Sprint TV that much then cut back to the $15 plan. I remember trying MobiTV out on my 650 and wasn't that impressed with it - just didn't have channels I would watch. What I would love to see is a good movie or SciFi channel to watch while I'm waiting for my wife at various places (this seems to happen alot). But then again I usually have a couple of movies stored on my SD card that I watch with TCPMP. The On Demand feature doesn't seem to me to be anything more than a fancy RSS reader and I already have that feature on my 650.

Also, I guess I'm thinking that I will add PAM (unless PDANet comes through) for those 2-3 times a year we take extended trips and then drop it when we get back from each trip. I would probably do this the first time in June when we're spending two weeks in Hawaii.
    Here ya go...a definitive listing of pricing plans:

http://palmaddict.typepad.com/palmad..._complete.html

Device Pricing is:
    SRP - $649.99
    One-year contract - $549.99 ($100 off instant savings/rebate)
    Two-year contract - $399.99 (150 off instant savings/rebate along with an additional $100 credit at the time of activation for a total of $250 in savings)

Voice and Data Plans
    Customers using the Treo 700p will need to subscribe to any of the CDMA voice calling plans available on the Sprint Nationwide PCS Network. To take advantage of data capabilities customers will need to add any of the following Sprint Power Vision Packs:

Sprint Power Vision Access Pack - $15/month and includes:
    • Unlimited Web and Data access
    • Watch live TV on the go with streaming Live News Channel featuring ABC News Now
    • Streaming Radio Channel with Sirius Hits

Sprint Power Vision Plus Pack - $20/month and includes:
    • Unlimited Sprint Picture MailSM – Take, upload and send an unlimited number of pictures. Includes unlimited Sprint PCS Video Mail.
    • Sprint TVSM Plus - Watch live TV on the go with full-motion video and vivid sound. Channels include the NFL Network®, Fox Sports®, Fuel®, Fuse®, and Fashion TV®.
    • Watch live TV on the go with streaming Live News Channel featuring ABC News Now

Sprint Power Vision Ultimate Pack - $25/month and includes:
    • Unlimited Sprint Picture MailSM - Take, upload and send an unlimited number of pictures. Includes unlimited Sprint PCS Video Mail.
    • Sprint TVSM Ultimate - Watch unlimited live TV on the go with full-motion video and vivid sound. Includes the channels available with Sprint TVSM Plus and Fox News Channel®, The Weather Channel®, Looney Tunes®, NBC®, Discovery Channel®, and more!
    • Streaming Live News Channel featuring ABC News Now

Phone as Modem Plans
    • 40 MB - $39.99/month
    • Unlimited - $49.99/month
    • Current promo allows a customer to get the Unlimited PAM plan for $39.99 a month if they sign a two-year agreement and have a PCS voice plan.
    • Customers who sign up for a PAM plan will have Web access but will need to add a Power Vision Pack or specific services ala carte (i.e., Sprint TV, text messaging..)

GoodLink Data Pack Pricing
    • 5 MB - $39.99/month
    • Unlimited - $49.99/month
    • Unlimited - $39.99/month – as a special promo customers can get this plan; requires a two-year contract AND a PCS voice plan

The GoodLink data plans include the GoodLink email solution, Phone as Modem usage and unlimited Web access. Customers may add other services (text messaging, Picture Mail, Sprint TV….) ala carte.
    Tks Jack. Very Informative.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    From my post in another thread:

"This jives with what Sprint retentions told me on Saturday. She said they were dispensing with the 3 tiers of power vision on their 3G phones. Instead, one price (albeit she said $15) gets you the whole data kit-n-kaboodle -- everything except DUN."

This certainly contradicts the Sprint pricing plans on Palm's site, but I wonder if those customers will get an adjustment? I have not gotten any confirmation of this, other than one other poster saying he was told it was a $20 get-all price, but have not really tried to get confirmation other than to post it on TC.

If she was wrong, I guess I have a legitimate beef with them, since the loyalty/retention plan I agreed to included this pricing (i.e., the old power vision ultimate package for $15).
    Well I picked up a flyer from the Sprint booth at our mall and there are some differences in pricing. For example if you are getting PV for a shared line, not your primary line the costs are $7.50/$10/$12.50. But the biggest thing I noticed is PAM is $25/month for 40MB usage not $40. This includes Picture Mail and Sprint TV. It didn't say which level of Sprint TV, but I assume the basic one. Also, it said to get PAM you have to sign a one year subscriber agreement. So much for turning it on and off when you need. My question is - how much is 40MB usage? For a typical laptop session (no large downloads), how many MB's are consumed? IE - how far will 40MB go.
    ^40MB is practically nothing. It could be eaten up in a single day or three on heavy graphic sites. For unlimited PAM, it is $40/month and may go to $50/month. I'd suspect the junefabrics.com PDANet will allow using PAM on the basic $15/month PowerVision.

The 40MB plan for $25/month will cap to $70/month unlimited. The only good side to this plan is if some months you rarely use PAM and others you heavily use PAM. The average may come out to be under $50/month over a year. If you plan to heavily use PAM every month, the $50/month unlimited plan is the way to go.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    All this PAM talk makes me wonder. On the Samsung A900, there is supposedly a way fo turning off the NAI for the modem, so the network doesn't recognize if you're tethered or not. I'm sure with all the Palm geniuses around here, someone will be able to figure out how to turn the same thing off on the 700, so that, at least for casual use, there would be no way of knowing you were using a laptop instead of your Treo.

i could be wrong, but i'd be surprised if within a few weeks, there isn't a BT hack to figure this out.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456