Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have had the 300, 600, and presently the 650. I was very excited at the pending release of the 700P, but with the plan pricing I am keeping my 650.
    I pay $111 per month (all taxes included) with three phones on my plan. 2000 anytime, free sprint to sprint, free nights & weekends begining at 7 PM. I also have free unlimited vision on all 3 phones, and unlimited text on all 3. I tether maybe once a week, a little more when I go out of town. I like to have the tethering option, but I don't use it enough to pay the new pricing. So unfortunately, I will be staying with the 650. I would like to have the newest gadget. The price of the 700 is not the problem, but the price of the power vision is. I don't want to screw up the great deal I have now. Maybe sprint will make changes to their power vision plans down the road, as they did when vision first came out years ago.
    If Orb ever gets the video streaming to the 650, I'll be fine.
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Quote Originally Posted by gusher1
    I've been with Sprint for years, had a Treo 300 then 600, and switched to SERO in January and bought a Samsung A900 phone with the intention of ebaying it and either going with a PPC 6700 or a new Treo. But its not that simple. If you purchase a new phone via the SERO website, you have to agree to keep the phone activated for 6 months on your SERO account or you lose the discount you received on the phone (in my case, the discount amounted to $200).

Can you go ahead and sell the phone without them catching you? I don't know, I'm not going to test it out. When my 6 months runs out, I'll consider ebaying my A900 and getting a new Treo or PPC 6700, depending on the relative price at the time. I'm not sure which I'll get at this point. I like the WI-FI and other features of the 6700, but hate the form factor. I like the form factor of the TREO, but would really like Wi-Fi. Maybe by that time, Sprint will have a Treo 700w, and I can get a Wi-Fi card for it (although then I would give up the higher resolution screen of the P). Too bad the P has no Wi-Fi or ability to add it. Then I would have no decision to make.
    You have to agree to keep the PHONE activated for 6 months or the LINE activated for 6 months? Why would they care if you switch phones? What if you lose the phone?
    Just a heads up .........The Sprint TV that comes with $15 power vision plus is NOT live and contains 4 channels.

For live TV it's $9.99 a month.

OK here is how you get cheap power vision for multi phones on one account. If you line is a add a phone you can get the reduced add a phone power vision price without having it on the primary line. So for add a phone it's 7.50 for $15 power vision plus which includes unl. pic mail and those 4 lame TV channels also ONE siruis station.

Power vision premuim is $20 and includes unl. pic mail and a couple more lame TV channels.
    fyi, Verizon retailing 700p for $399.99, but plans are much more expensive (beginning at $79.99 not including DUN).
    Just to put a few of you at ease, when I got sero I wanted a power vision device that was not offered on sero. So I signed up and elected the freebie phone (normal vision only). I then paid full price for the device I wanted on eBay, and activated it instead of the device sprint sent. Finally, I ebay'd the freebie for $100... They have no problem changing vision to power vision on the sero plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Just to put a few of you at ease, when I got sero I wanted a power vision device that was not offered on sero. So I signed up and elected the freebie phone (normal vision only). I then paid full price for the device I wanted on eBay, and activated it instead of the device sprint sent. Finally, I ebay'd the freebie for $100... They have no problem changing vision to power vision on the sero plan.
    But I already have 2 lines -- I will need to get a third for SERO, yes?
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    For those that are worried about losing your grandfathered vision: Call Retentions! You may have to sign a contract, but they will give you really good deals. I currently have a $100, 2000 minute plan with free unlimited power vision on 2 phones with unlmtd. text on one of them (100 free on the other). I called Retentions to ask about losing my free goodies when I upgrade to a power vision phone. After a lengthy conversation, I was offered the plan I have now with added Powervision for both (+$30), unlimited text on 1(+$15), 500 texts on the other ($5) and and additional 35% monthly discount (on top of my 15% gov't employee discount). So I'll be paying about what I'm paying now for basically everything I want. Plus, i'm getting $75 of credit when I upgrade early (currently only eligible for $75 rebate, so there giving me the additonal $75). Retentions will do a lot to keep a good customer if said customer is persistent and polite.
    What number did you call retention? Can you pm it to me or post it here? Thanks
    Yes, sero is only a option for a NEW line of service as well as someone who KNOWS a sprint employee. But in my eyes, if you talk with a sales rep, and get his card... And he tries to "buddy buddy" you into buying a phone, he technically is now your "friend" as far as his wanting a sale. So why not say he's a friend as far as you getting a better plan!
    I see a lot of talk about PAM, but it's essentially a ripoff. It you use it even very lightly, you will go over you MB limit and starting paying out the arse will you hit $90.

A connecion pc card with unlimited use (50 a month) is a much better deal, and you get the card free. The performance is better, and you don't tie up your phone.

$650 straight price....ouch.
    For EVDO, newer BT and more memory....hmm.
    To get to retentions dial *2, then tell claire, "cancel". Worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou
    To get to retentions dial *2, then tell claire, "cancel". Worked for me.
    There used to be a specific number, The number I called 2 years ago no longer in service.
    Ok, so now I called sprint again and spoke to retentions. I figured that extra $100 off the phone isn't worth losing my unlimited text messaging for $5 and vision for $10 with unlimited pictures and videos. I told them to take the cancel off of it, and that I would stick with my plan and just get the $150 off the phone.

The guy, (nice guy btw), told me that since the phone is evdo, even though it is backwards capatable, I would have to get an evdo plan to go with it. so I would go from $15 a month to $28 a month. Well, he started typing away on his computer and told me he could give me a deal on the evdo and unlimited text's to get an additional 15% off my bill that would drop it down. I already have 14% off with my corporate discount (wal-mart). So he said my bill would only be about $2.00 more a month and I would have evdo (which isn't available, but I'm moving to los angeles in a couple months and it is available there). So, I'll pay $500 for the phone, but I'll still get a decent deal on my bill every month. Chances of me getting SERO are slim to none. I'm sure I'll be able to sell my treo 600 on ebay for $150. I have the cradle, and a few other non-bundle accessories. I'm sure I can butter it up to where some n00b would totally want it.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackboxsocial
    Ok, so now I called sprint again and spoke to retentions. I figured that extra $100 off the phone isn't worth losing my unlimited text messaging for $5 and vision for $10 with unlimited pictures and videos. I told them to take the cancel off of it, and that I would stick with my plan and just get the $150 off the phone.

The guy, (nice guy btw), told me that since the phone is evdo, even though it is backwards capatable, I would have to get an evdo plan to go with it. so I would go from $15 a month to $28 a month. Well, he started typing away on his computer and told me he could give me a deal on the evdo and unlimited text's to get an additional 15% off my bill that would drop it down. I already have 14% off with my corporate discount (wal-mart). So he said my bill would only be about $2.00 more a month and I would have evdo (which isn't available, but I'm moving to los angeles in a couple months and it is available there). So, I'll pay $500 for the phone, but I'll still get a decent deal on my bill every month. Chances of me getting SERO are slim to none. I'm sure I'll be able to sell my treo 600 on ebay for $150. I have the cradle, and a few other non-bundle accessories. I'm sure I can butter it up to where some n00b would totally want it.
    Who did you guys speak to about the 700p? I called retentions and they sent me over to telesales, who said they have no info on the phone.
    I spoke to three different people total when I call and spoke to retentions, and they all knew about the treo 700. Tell them there was a press release about it. I'm sure they're just dedicateds who think they need to keep it secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeElmendorf
    I am currently out of contract with Sprint. I share the concerns of some others who are more concern with changes to their existing plan than the cost of the device. I don't want to lose my unlimited text messaging. Obviously plan needs to change to add EVDO. It is not possible just to add it to the existing plan?

Has anyone figured this out yet?
    I would talk to their Retension department. I was grandfathered into unlimited SMS and had free vision since I had the $99 plan with 1 free phone w/free vision on the primary phone. In February my contract ended and didnt need the 2000 minutes on my plan. I switched to the $59 plan with 1 free phone and added an extra line for $10 totalling $69.99. I told them I didnt want to lose my free text and vision. What they did was add $5 for unlimited SMS and $10 for vision but to counter it they offered me 20% discount on my plan which basically is about $15 off every bill.
    Quote Originally Posted by wballz33
    sprint has a 14 day free trial, so if you cancel during then, you may have to give the phone back and not pay the $150 ETF. If you cancelled the 15th day, they might charge you for the 15 days you had use of it. I like the idea though, I plan on scamming them in some way if I end up making the jump, which is looking more and more doubtful.
    According to sources, ETF is going up to $200 for new service agreements starting 21-May-06.
    people keep complaining about the $40 to $50 PAM rates but who is actually using PAM on the regular, i tether to my phone only in cases where WIFI is not available on my laptop, wich is not often, other than that im just gonna stick with the $15 power vision plan, wich now includes picture mail wich i was paying $5 extra for that, and nights and weekends starting at 7pm wich i was paying an extra $5 for that, remember is not a necesity to have PAM and wich one of you guys is actually going to be using it on such a regular basis that you need to fork out the extra money for it, unless you have no Broadband at home and you plan on using this in its place.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    . . . im just gonna stick with the $15 power vision plan, wich now includes picture mail . . .
    I believe power vision with picture mail is $20.
    I have Treo 650 with Sprint PCS Vision for $10/month with unlimited picture mail and text messaging and really want to go to the 700 when it comes out. In order to get what I currently have, I would have to go to the Sprint Power Vision plus pack $20 (to get the picture mail) and pay another $15 to get the unlimited text messaging. My bill would be $25/month higher, I would be out another $400-$600 for the new phone and I would be locked in for another two years. What do I get for this. A little more memory, some more speed and a some crappy tv channels? Is it worth it. My answer is no so I have tried three different times to get a representative or retention group to do something for me on the recurring charges and got no where. Is there a secret to this? I've tried nice, angry and something in between.
    How close are you to the expiration of your contract? If you're close, you have a lot more leverage. If you're not, you have very little. Do you have a high monthly bill? If you don't, again, you have very little leverage. Sprint's running a business. If you're a customer paying over $100 per month that might leave soon, they're gonna try to keep you. If you just signed a contract and are paying $30 a month, they probably won't offer much.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast