Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    the thing with sprints $49 PAM plan is that they have included a bunch of crap that people had to pay for extra before, Picture mail was $5 extra, sprint TV if i can remember was $10, the new Phone plans also include nights and weekends after 7pm wich before where $5 extral so i guess its not too bad for some people as myself, if you sign up before 5/21 you get the plan for $40 unlimited
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    nonono. Sprint's unlimited EVDO plan is $15. Verizon's is $45.
    It's the Phone-as-Modem plan that will cost you dearly with both.
    Thanks for the explaination, skfny.
    Well, the PAM on sprint makes their data costs almost as much as Vzn's is now.... what remains to be seen is how much Vzn will charge extra for PAM. The Palm release mentioned something about it "may" require a PAM plan at extra cost. If Vzn were smart (yeah, well) they would undercut Sprint's cheaper data rates by including PAM on their existing 45$ data/EVDO plans. Right now I pay painfully 45$ a month for slow data speeds... to reward me by including faster EVDO and PAM at that price point (or close to it) would be sweet- which is probably why I won't see it.

For years Vzn has had the ability to crow about their better network coverage... but Cing. is doing better in some areas, & Sprrint is catching up. So if the playing field is more even, maybe they need to adjust their prices to keep customers and gain new ones..... fantasyland?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    What if I buy the phone on a regular plan as a new customer THEN switch to SERO?

I am not currently with Sprint, so I would be a brand new customer.

Would this work?
    Probably not.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    I have the same question -- anybody?
    Mixed results at best. Some have been successful by threatening to cancel their contract in the 14-day no ETF window. After that, they have no reason to give you SERO.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I wouldn't count on being able to switch to SERO either. People have been having a lot of trouble doing it recently, they have really cracked down.
    $40 for PAM does sound like alot but think about it all the stuff thats included in it, all except for unlimited txt wich definatly is a must for me
    For those that are worried about losing your grandfathered vision: Call Retentions! You may have to sign a contract, but they will give you really good deals. I currently have a $100, 2000 minute plan with free unlimited power vision on 2 phones with unlmtd. text on one of them (100 free on the other). I called Retentions to ask about losing my free goodies when I upgrade to a power vision phone. After a lengthy conversation, I was offered the plan I have now with added Powervision for both (+$30), unlimited text on 1(+$15), 500 texts on the other ($5) and and additional 35% monthly discount (on top of my 15% gov't employee discount). So I'll be paying about what I'm paying now for basically everything I want. Plus, i'm getting $75 of credit when I upgrade early (currently only eligible for $75 rebate, so there giving me the additonal $75). Retentions will do a lot to keep a good customer if said customer is persistent and polite.
    switching to sero is possible, but dont plan on it if you have multiple lines... that doesnt tend to work out... at all. Im just hoping my vision can get upgraded to EvDO without having to pay extra, i swear my plan has just grown in price over the years... and I never see the loyalty discounts :P
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu
    switching to sero is possible, but dont plan on it if you have multiple lines... that doesnt tend to work out... at all. Im just hoping my vision can get upgraded to EvDO without having to pay extra, i swear my plan has just grown in price over the years... and I never see the loyalty discounts :P
    Have you asked for a loyalty discount? They won't give it to you if you don't ask. And Retentions really can do more than other departments, at least that's what my experience has shown.
    http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...Plan_tabA.html

The last line of this page says that Sprint TV, and other data usage plans are NOT included in the PAM plan, they would be add ons. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    just got off the phone with sprint rep, to see if i can sign up for a new 2 year contract and get the phone for $399 , i cant since that only applies to new customers, so since im already a customer i only get $75 off the phone, and will lose my old plan pricing, so im pretty much screwed and definately will have to the the Phone as Modem plan. i used to have unlimited txt messages for $5 now i will have to pay $15

Man, I hope this information is wrong!!!...
    Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...Plan_tabA.html

The last line of this page says that Sprint TV, and other data usage plans are NOT included in the PAM plan, they would be add ons. . . .
    Text Messaging, Picture Mail/MMS, and Sprint TV become attachable products not included in Phones as Modem rate plans.
    but Power Vision on the device is included ... only the Text Messaging, Picture Mail/MMS, and Sprint TV are attachable addons
    Quote Originally Posted by tc600
    but Power Vision on the device is included ... only the Text Messaging, Picture Mail/MMS, and Sprint TV are attachable addons
    CORRECT !!

Thanks for making that more obvious.

Cheers, Pery.
    Quote Originally Posted by rick2203
    just got off the phone with sprint rep, to see if i can sign up for a new 2 year contract and get the phone for $399 , i cant since that only applies to new customers, so since im already a customer i only get $75 off the phone, and will lose my old plan pricing, so im pretty much screwed and definately will have to the the Phone as Modem plan. i used to have unlimited txt messages for $5 now i will have to pay $15
    If this is true, then I'm moving from being first in line, to last!
    I personally don't have a problem with paying a penalty and switching providers. I'm tired of being nickle and dime'd to death. Treat me right, and I'll stay with you. If not! Aye dee eye oh es!
    I'm torn as well. If PAM included picturemail, I 'd give in and do it. Right now I pay $15/month for vision picture pack and free unlimited text messaging.
    To move to PAM, I'd still then need to pay for picturemail and text messaging..........that's getting crazy!

And I was so excited about the 700p; now I'm feeling let down. The only way to reap the benefits of the new phone is to pay through the nose for the service on it.

That's a letdown to say the least.
    I guess I'm having second thoughts about PAM. I might just get the Power Vision that includes Sprint TV and forego tethering. Heck if the Treo 700p is a great enough device, I might not even need a laptop anymore. I know now with my 650, I use Chatter just as much to check my email as I use Thunderbird on my laptop. If Blazer with EVDO is fast enough and displays webpages good enough, I might would not even need my laptop when traveling.
    you're going to want to tether it if you want to go to any websites not designed for mobile usage.
    i have had sprint since march 2005.. and i have a business plan through my company..so will the price points be the same or will they diff for business customers
    There's good info and bad here. Hopefully I'll be adding to the good...

Do you need to use your phone as a modem? If so, the $40 PAM plan should get you unlimited Ev-DO on the phone and some amount for tethered (I heard 20MB a while back).

If you don't need PAM, you should look into SERO. You buy a new phone now through SERO (or switch your current account) and then pay full price for the 700p later. SERO includes unlimited Ev-DO on the phone. I heard that you can't add PAM SERO. Can the Sprint reps here confirm this?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast